Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 12-07-2017, 11:44 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
You used to know who the mods were.

Anyway, people were moaning about the BBS not being as good as it used to be before I'd even registered. Apparently BBSers like "Banjo" and "Peaknutt" (possibly the same person?) were a malign influence.
Old 13-07-2017, 12:49 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
It was 19% better in the past...
Old 13-07-2017, 12:51 AM
Perchance to sleep

Hibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
It was 19% better in the past...
Only from behind!
Old 13-07-2017, 01:13 AM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
Not that we should take lessons from Chilean dwelling ***** like you.
He's a complete piss head and shouldn't be trusted at all when he suggests to go for "a beer"
Old 13-07-2017, 01:30 AM
On the move

britabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebritabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebritabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebritabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebritabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebritabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebritabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebritabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebritabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebritabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebritabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hasn't been the same since the Adventures of Rat Dog disappeared into the mists of time.
Old 13-07-2017, 01:31 AM
Omnipotent deity

Lego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I don't know if it's significantly worse. One thing that I don't remember is the few incessant posters who really go over the top on some threads (see Brexit, Mandanda etc. for examples). I'm not sure why the mods allow sustained personal attacks to be made, I know on other forums its not tolerated, and wonder if it would help if those posters got warnings or bans. It's fine to discuss the topic at hand, but the play-ground name calling is tiresome.
Old 13-07-2017, 01:32 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The more things change , the more they stay the same . Not sure what the **** that means , but it sounds deep and meaningful .
Old 13-07-2017, 01:45 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
BBS is rather more PC than it was. Pity
Old 13-07-2017, 01:59 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
It's probably no worse than it ever was. It's just people (mainly blokes) chatting shite.

Sometimes it's funny. Sometimes it's not. I've posted for 12 years and it's no different.
Well, the few and quality women that were on here have been scared or bullied off.
Old 13-07-2017, 03:01 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post

Not that we should take lessons from Chilean dwelling ***** like you.

You look in the dustbin for something to eat,
You find a dead cat and think it's a treat.....

in your Northern slums.

You piss in the shower and shit in the bath,
You finger your granny and she thinks it's a laugh...

in your Northern slums.
Old 13-07-2017, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
He's a complete piss head and shouldn't be trusted at all when he suggests to go for "a beer"
Not for nothing etc.
Old 13-07-2017, 03:23 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Was it better? Bloody right it was.

When did it get worse? Gradually.
Is the right answer.
Old 13-07-2017, 04:54 AM

THB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTHB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTHB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTHB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTHB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTHB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTHB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTHB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTHB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTHB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTHB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
You used to know who the mods were.

Anyway, people were moaning about the BBS not being as good as it used to be before I'd even registered. Apparently BBSers like "Banjo" and "Peaknutt" (possibly the same person?) were a malign influence.
Hello Peter
Old 13-07-2017, 05:30 AM

Sick Bucket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSick Bucket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSick Bucket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSick Bucket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSick Bucket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSick Bucket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSick Bucket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSick Bucket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSick Bucket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSick Bucket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSick Bucket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Everything was better in the past.
Yeah the good old days.

I do think things have changed a bit though particularly since being in the Prem. so for example I used to enjoy listening to the live com whilst being on the BBS and generally I used to enjoy the live thread. Now it's bloody awful, I just don't bother with it at all, as soon as we go 1 down xyz is a disgrace, we're as good as relegated, so and so should be shot/fired etc the amount of pant wetting is off the scale.

I miss some of the posters Johan Cruyff, Pychokiller, Samo etc
Old 13-07-2017, 05:32 AM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
^this. Feels like there used to be lot more 'in' jokes and running gags. Used to love the CPFC2010 post s(even when I didn't always agree with what was posted all the time) , which became it's own section but a minority had to spoil that for the rest.

Used to be loads of photos shared in the gallery, but I gave up trying to upload to that a few years ago as I just couldn't work it out.

The political stuff in General Chit Chat is way too heavy, sometimes feels like there is a pack mentality on the Southern Railway and Brexit threads, not worth posting in there as some posters take the discussions way too seriously.

For the sake of balance, I do love coming on here after a win, particularly a home win, it is a joyous place to be.
There was always political stuff in GCC. The Iraq War posts were pretty similar to The Brexit stuff. I fact lot of the pro Iraq War people are now the same ones fighting for Brexit.
Old 13-07-2017, 06:35 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
It used to be better before the people that made the fun threads got banned or bored off. At least a few come back to liven it up with a bit of trolling.

GPD has been ruined by many of our new premiership fans and ones that only come on when we are in the top flight or looking like we will be.

GCC is just the same people arguing with same people. I can barely be bothered posting anymore.

Oh and a couple of muppets ruining every thread and for gawds sake drop the muslim threads.
Old 13-07-2017, 06:47 AM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Politics and religion. The two things that are responsible for most arguments in real life, are never far away on here. Very little humour around , wcb ( aside) he manages to provide a few gems . But in the main, its the same people churning out the same old crap almost daily. Its got pretty stale of late .

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 13-07-2017, 07:04 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
The BBS has always been a cyclical place, like a roundabout, people get on and off..

A lot of good posters have come and gone.

At it's best, a fine fiun and friendly community, with drinks, lots of drinks!

I've met some fine fellows of the years, due to this site, mainly due to a shared love of Palace and drinking
Old 13-07-2017, 07:08 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Every few years, a thread bemoaning the state of the BBS emerges, and this one is therefore simply the latest in a long line.

If you ask me, the old threads were better.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 13-07-2017, 07:13 AM
Fook my old Grannys boots

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
We would all do well to remember We're All Palace every now and again