Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 13-07-2017, 09:07 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKATE View Post
I'm still here!
Yes, but TBF you post a little more now thatn a couple of years back.

Circa 2015, you'd all but disappeared from the BBS.
Old 13-07-2017, 09:12 PM

xmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Everything went to shit when they made Kolinkins a mod.
Old 13-07-2017, 09:17 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
Way to make friends and influence people
Once again, a year back you had all but disappeared. Now you are posting again.
Old 13-07-2017, 09:21 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Hello Peter.

That's a in joke for posters of an age. Hope that improves the clique count.
Old 13-07-2017, 09:29 PM

I have him as a friend on facebook.

However, poor the BBS becomes, it will never be as bad as facebook.

I have casually acquired a ton of Palace fans 'friends'. Other than, say, 30 or so I know from here, the vast majority seem to be Brexit, muslim hating wankers of the lowest order.

Knowing they love the same team as me, and attend most matches, is depresing to say the least.
Old 13-07-2017, 09:37 PM
Arse end of Nottingham.

henryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is here
My wife's got 107 Facebook friends. She actually sees about 3 of them. Quite a number of these people she struggles to even remember who they are, or were. If you have a crisis and seek help from friends on Facebook, you get a lot of kisses and emo..emij..silly face symbols if you're lucky. On here, with the common bond of loving this club, I've seen fellow Palace fans taking time and trouble to respond to a person struggling with life and doing so with genuine compassion and concern. I'll take that over the likes of Twitter and Facebook any day.
Old 13-07-2017, 09:44 PM

Indeed. I generally only go on it when I'm bored for 30 minutes.

It has proved useful a few times - a couple of groups have provided me with good info and some cracking deals, and some English classes. Plus, here in Chile, it's not a bad place for swapping books in English, getting English culinary delights etc.
Old 13-07-2017, 09:47 PM

I have one 'mate' on there that brings in British beers and foodstuffs. However, he posts hundreds of memes, new stories, and fake news of anything Pro British, Anti Muslim, and fecking Chelsea (only when they win).

I'm talking about 50 facebook posts a day mininum.

The bloke's lived in Chile for 18 years. He's an immigrant from a family of immigrants - English/Italian/Chilean.
Old 13-07-2017, 09:48 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Indeed. I generally only go on it when I'm bored for 30 minutes.

It has proved useful a few times - a couple of groups have provided me with good info and some cracking deals, and some English classes. Plus, here in Chile, it's not a bad place for swapping books in English, getting English culinary delights etc.
This has to be a lol ting. The amount of times I'm online here vs actual posting is masses, 99-1. Love it, never post.
Old 13-07-2017, 09:53 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
Hello Peter.

That's a in joke for posters of an age. Hope that improves the clique count.
Would it be churlish of me to point you in the direction of post #53?

(Also, if Skid Row is watching, I am well aware that Banjo and Brett are the same person, although even Brett doesn't appear to be 1% as angry as he was in the olden days.)
Old 13-07-2017, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALACEWU View Post
This has to be a lol ting. The amount of times I'm online here vs actual posting is masses, 99-1. Love it, never post.
You've posted 6,879 times...
Old 13-07-2017, 10:12 PM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Don't think GPD or other related Palace threads are bad at all. Football is a subjective sport so we all have different opinions how we believe the game should be played etc. At the end of the day we're Palace fans and ultimately want what's best for the team. In fact I think most of the forum is decent with good info, alternative views and some real funnies.

The problem imo is GCC. Maybe GCC could be split into, well GCC, then a separate section for political, social issues & world events. With what's gone on in the world over the past couple of years there are pieces in there that become pretty toxic, pretty quickly. I'd go as far to say it's effected my well being at times. There have been times where I wish I was banned from GCC so I didn't have to endure some of the toxic, self opinionated b0ll0x on there. No matter how many times I've told myself stay away from certain threads for my own wellbeing you get drawn back. The BBS can be quite addictive.

I haven't been on the BBS as long as many others. In my time I hadn't put anyone on ignor as I strongly believe that everyone is entitled to an opinion and listening to others POV could have a positive bearing on your own interpratation of life.

Well all that changed a couple of weeks ago. I came to the conclusion there are some posters you just can't have a sensible debate and reason with. It's their way or the highway. It was putting me in a bit of a dark place and to be brutally honest was winding me up to the extent that I'd become a miserable git from reading a f****** football forum. I realised that although they may be Palace fans I have nothing in common with these individuals whatsoever and would have no desire to know these people on a personal level, so I decided to finally use the ignor function. Absolutely brilliant. I'm now in a much better place. Calmer and far happier not having to get involved with political pointscoring bull$hit. Life is good again!

Think it would be good to separate topics that get politicised from GCC though and make it a locked section where those that wish to get involved can as much as they like. I'm sure there was even a thread in GPD that nearly got politically hijacked the other day as well.
Old 13-07-2017, 10:13 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
what was the name of the Indian poster who was apparently obsessed with the model who supports Palace? can't remember her bloody name now either. Shit.

I never figured out if he was genuine or not.

And Trolley? I have a suspicion I know who it was, does he still post on here under a different name? A lot.
Old 13-07-2017, 10:18 PM

Skid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
what was the name of the Indian poster who was apparently obsessed with the model who supports Palace? can't remember her bloody name now either. Shit.

I never figured out if he was genuine or not.
Mehdi?
Old 13-07-2017, 10:20 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Nothing will ever top Paul Daniels
Old 13-07-2017, 10:22 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
I remember when this was a really good thread
Old 13-07-2017, 10:23 PM

The BBS became a sadder place when people like PK and MatOv got banned.
Old 13-07-2017, 10:29 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
The BBS became a sadder place when WCB wasn't.
Old 13-07-2017, 10:31 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid Row View Post
Mehdi?
Yeah that sounds right. Was it Kate Moss he was obsessed with?

I dunno if he was genuine, I like to think so.

Paul Daniels was a classic.

I still like the BBS but I think there were more funny, stupid, random threads going.

I guess now its partly to do with all the crazy political shit going on in the UK and the world.
Old 13-07-2017, 10:34 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
The BBS became a sadder place when WCB wasn't.
Feck off you plastic garrison c~nt. It's "wcb".