Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 03-12-2017, 04:51 PM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I went to The Bug Jam in 1988 (I think) for VW Beetle owners, at Santa Pod Drag strip. All through the afternoon stereos were blaring from cars to the sounds of the Beach Boys, or similar as people chilled in the sun.
Then bands started playing the stage in the early evening. All mellow stuff.
Around 9pm it was dark, and the headline band (The Meteors), take the stage. Within 5 minutes, it becomes obvious the choice of band is not to the crowd's liking, and bottles of pl$$ and abuse is thrown.
At this point, the lead singer and band offer the crowd out.
They drop their instruments on the stage and dive into the crowd, fists flying everywhere.
Two minutes later, blue flashing lights creep through the crowd as police and ambulances arrive, and the event comes to a premature end.

Fantastic. But I guess you had to be there pity video phones and alike weren't around.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:54 PM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I met Dave Mustane from Megadeth in 1997, very briefly. The 30 seconds we spoke were enough to convince me he was as large a lady-garden as Katie Price's (real name Jordan) minge.
Made me realise instantly why James Hetfield chucked him out of Metallica all those years ago.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:58 PM

Was at Lawnmower Deth concert in 1991.

"Right , we've only got 10 minutes left on stage. So we've only got time for 30 more songs !"
Absolute riot of a group
Old 03-12-2017, 05:03 PM

Birdland, Coventry Polytechnic (now University) around 1989.
Met a fan in the bar before the gig who explained "It's great getting to the front, because the band spit at you"
Not really Metal, but they had attitude. At the end of every gig they smashed all their equipment up.
I remember a review of the gig beginning,..."As the Birdland tour of national small venues slips further into financial crisis, . . "

And they were gone,......
Old 03-12-2017, 05:17 PM

Sorry to be rambling on a Sunday evening, but Metal brings back happy memories for me.

I remember seeing Nuclear Assault (a particular favourite band of mine) at The Marquee Club on Charing Cross Road in 1991.
Shocked to see I was at their last ever gig

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Metal seems to be in a bit of a lull at the moment, but then it never really attracted the big bucks of Madonna, U2 and the like.
I'm glad it's still innovating and alive.

Last edited by foresthillbilly; 03-12-2017 at 05:21 PM.
Old 18-12-2017, 07:16 PM
I belong to Yo.

squelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresthillbilly View Post
Sorry to be rambling on a Sunday evening, but Metal brings back happy memories for me.

I remember seeing Nuclear Assault (a particular favourite band of mine) at The Marquee Club on Charing Cross Road in 1991.
Shocked to see I was at their last ever gig

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Metal seems to be in a bit of a lull at the moment, but then it never really attracted the big bucks of Madonna, U2 and the like.
I'm glad it's still innovating and alive.
Nuclear Assault have played many times since 1991.

I saw them at Bloodstock in 2015.
Old 23-12-2017, 02:52 AM
All Ivory Coast ain't we?

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
probably one of the best albums I've heard this year below. A fair bit of old school thrash in their sound