Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 11-05-2017, 08:24 AM

Tomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I took up running in the morning with the dog to get my fitness up for the REMF game. Usually doing about 2.5-3.5 miles, but relatively slow with the mutt holding me up, (or dragging me along), and being quite lethargic at 6am,
However last week I went for a run at lunch at work, and did 4 miles in pretty much bang on half hour, which I was chuffed with.
Now considering doing a 10k race, which I definitely didn’t think I’d do a few weeks back!
Old 11-05-2017, 04:50 PM

ugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by che12345 View Post
I've done the parkrun at Crystal Palace about 160 or so times. There is very little flat, but only one really steep hill that is no worse (and probably easier) than the Chevron hill at Tilgate. It has a net uphill and is run on concrete or gravelly type path for the whole route. 2 and a bit laps.
did you run it last sat?

was you wearing a small nike bag over your shoulder?

The thoughts and opinions expressed here are MY OWN.....

#CRPS read this http://gettingtoknowmecrps.blogspot.co.uk/

to find out what #CRPS is
Old 11-05-2017, 08:48 PM

Mr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by immoralgiant View Post
Chevron is great.
Don't do parkrun very often, but but do find it very satisfying running up Chevron while others are struggling to walk up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle
Being the first team to beat them there will never go away, it's like taking the virginity of someone you don't like's sister, just so you can rub it in their face.
Old 12-05-2017, 07:22 AM

immoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Statto View Post
Don't do parkrun very often, but but do find it very satisfying running up Chevron while others are struggling to walk up
Only bad thing about Chevron is if you're doing a 21-22min+ parkrun it gets really congested and you have people walking and they can be on either side and you'll struggle to get through. Highest attendance has hit 620 now so it's just going to get worse.

But if you go up on the right hand side you have a look at the 2 alpacas half way up and occasionally see the moose just after them.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:19 AM

gjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
I took up running in the morning with the dog to get my fitness up for the REMF game. Usually doing about 2.5-3.5 miles, but relatively slow with the mutt holding me up, (or dragging me along), and being quite lethargic at 6am,
However last week I went for a run at lunch at work, and did 4 miles in pretty much bang on half hour, which I was chuffed with.
Now considering doing a 10k race, which I definitely didn’t think I’d do a few weeks back!
7.5 min/miles is a really good pace. Keep it up!
Old 12-05-2017, 03:15 PM

che12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugly and fat View Post
did you run it last sat?

was you wearing a small nike bag over your shoulder?
Yes I ran CP parkrun last Saturday, can't remember what I was wearing but definitely no to the Nike bag! I ended up bagging a PB and finishing second.
Old 14-05-2017, 04:06 AM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ran a 10km beach race in Thailand this morning, but getting concerned my heart rate is too high. I'm pretty fit, run two to three times a week, 37 years old and about 72kg, but everyone who sees my heart rate monitor is shocked...

Should I be worried?

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 14-05-2017, 05:01 AM
lay me down.

matayusgiovanni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minematayusgiovanni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minematayusgiovanni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minematayusgiovanni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minematayusgiovanni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minematayusgiovanni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minematayusgiovanni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minematayusgiovanni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minematayusgiovanni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minematayusgiovanni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minematayusgiovanni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Your maximum her is 220 minus your age, I perform exercise tests in a cardiac dept, I would be interested in your actual heart rhythm to see if you are flipping into a more interesting type of rhythm and there are ways to capture this.
Either way if you are concerned I would certainly throttle back a bit until you have been reviewed by your g.p/ us at a cardiac dept etc. Any questions p.m and I'll endeavour to answer them.

Selhurstparkflyer.
Old 15-05-2017, 10:59 AM

immoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
There are too many other factors that we'd need to know but that is on the high side. If I just saw that HR graph I'd say you really busted a gut to run as fast as possible. Being in Thailand it was possibly very humid which'll have an affect. Your weight without knowing your body type or size is largely irrelevant.

What does your watch say your resting heart rate is? If you manually check your pulse do you get the same?

The 220 minus your age is a rough approximation, some people can still be a fair bit out, your HR monitor may not be too accurate either.
Old 16-05-2017, 08:30 PM
Dazed & Confused

bert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well you will be pleased to know that I survived Crystal Palace parkrun on Saturday. Certainly not the type of terrain that I am used to but thoroughly enjoyed it nonetheless. I'm not sure that I have been inside the park since the motor racing circuit closed which Wikipedia tells me was 1974! Combined with my last visit to Selhurst before Sunday being December 1996, the whole weekend made me feel very old.
Old 17-05-2017, 02:06 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
I did the UTOP trail Plateux T-rail 30km race in Madagascar last week. Point to point trail race back into the capital, with a 1000m of climb. It was run along side the 120km, & 60km semi ultras too. Was fantastic running at altitude ranging from 1200m to 1800m. But hard work, and it was very hot too. Despite being the start of winter, the sun came out for the first time since we had been there and I was a caught a bit short, and there was little in the way of shade. I suffered again towards the end, but with my Thailand experience I made it to CP2, and took some time out to refuel and replace salts. The sun was high in the sky though for the last 7km and it was tough, crossed the line in just over 4 hours, which was about half an hour slower than I wanted, but I had to reign it in. Still required some heat treatment at the end, as I was getting extreme cramping from the lost salts.

The remedy was 1 litre of water, 3tsp of sugar, 1tsp of salt. Job done, and instantly recovered.

Great experience and an absolutely beautiful country, just a shame it’s not 100% politically stable at present. Had a great 7 days travelling around afterwards.
Old 18-05-2017, 04:13 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by immoralgiant View Post
There are too many other factors that we'd need to know but that is on the high side. If I just saw that HR graph I'd say you really busted a gut to run as fast as possible. Being in Thailand it was possibly very humid which'll have an affect. Your weight without knowing your body type or size is largely irrelevant.

What does your watch say your resting heart rate is? If you manually check your pulse do you get the same?

The 220 minus your age is a rough approximation, some people can still be a fair bit out, your HR monitor may not be too accurate either.
Yes, I ran hard. Was very humid - never sweated like it in my life. I'm 6ft with a slim build. Resting heart rate of 53 (tracked over the last 6 months using my Garmin watch). It is a wrist heart rate tracker - not a chest strap.
Old 18-05-2017, 04:14 PM
'or 0=0'

Quote:
Originally Posted by matayusgiovanni View Post
Your maximum her is 220 minus your age, I perform exercise tests in a cardiac dept, I would be interested in your actual heart rhythm to see if you are flipping into a more interesting type of rhythm and there are ways to capture this.
Either way if you are concerned I would certainly throttle back a bit until you have been reviewed by your g.p/ us at a cardiac dept etc. Any questions p.m and I'll endeavour to answer them.
Cheers, I'll see how I get on over the next few weeks.