Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 28-06-2016, 12:24 PM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissroll View Post
I have a holiday booked - all US dollar based - if the level doesn't return to within 5% of what it was last week by end of September then it gets canned.

I have two weeks in euro, two and a half weeks in Sterling and I earn in USD. With four kids I'm quids in this summer, so short term its OK for me.
Old 28-06-2016, 12:30 PM
Can't re member

Jules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is here
You people keep calling Leave voters idiots, without showing a great deal of intelligence yourselves. It's obvious that falling shares, a weaker pound, redundancies, threats of tax rises etc will all be interpreted as a bitter and unhappy establishment having a tantrum about the referendum result. Very few will be realising the error of their ways; they will simply see it as those in power wishing to hold on to power at all costs.

And while I don't fully agree with them - and I don't know enough about how the financial world works - there's almost certainly something in it.
Old 28-06-2016, 12:32 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Wife just came out of a four hour meeting - works for a major international property management firm - and the news is not good.

Investments have crashed so expect multiple redundancies in London and the North West

Immediately pulling out of all current deals under negotiation

Earmarking several current contracts for early re-negotiation

Rents will have to increase above inflation
Old 28-06-2016, 12:35 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissroll View Post
I have a holiday booked - all US dollar based - if the level doesn't return to within 5% of what it was last week by end of September then it gets canned.
I changed a grand into euros online during referendum night, got 1.29. Just received this email from the wankers :

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
ACE-FX HAVE REFUNDED YOUR ORDER

Dear Paul, funds will show back in your bank account within 48 working hours.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Due to the EU referendum, the live industry rate feed from To view the link you have to Register or Login had crashed. This meant that as an example, we were left processing Euro orders with a rate of 1.30 (the rate before the Sterling crash). It was unfortunate that this situation occurred, and I reiterate that it was no fault of ACE-FX.

ACE-FX have received over 5,695 5 STAR TRUSTPILOT REVIEWS DURING THE LAST YEAR ALONE.

Once again, I apologise for any inconvenience the EU Referendum result has caused to our customers. If you continue to use our services, we will guarantee to make up any loses on future orders. Please ensure that you let our staff know that you were caught out by the EU Referendum result and we will give an enhanced rate, which is guaranteed for life.

Kind Regards,
George Williams,
ACE-FX CEO

Russia demonization. Akin to 1930's Germany.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 28-06-2016, 12:36 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
Wife just came out of a four hour meeting - works for a major international property management firm - and the news is not good.

Investments have crashed so expect multiple redundancies in London and the North West

Immediately pulling out of all current deals under negotiation

Earmarking several current contracts for early re-negotiation

Rents will have to increase above inflation
Note what you say but saying rents will need to increase above inflation is about as useful as saying we want a tarriff free deal with the EU - if there isn't the demand rents will fall. All the rest seems about par for what you would expect.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 28-06-2016, 12:39 PM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
You people keep calling Leave voters idiots, without showing a great deal of intelligence yourselves. It's obvious that falling shares, a weaker pound, redundancies, threats of tax rises etc will all be interpreted as a bitter and unhappy establishment having a tantrum about the referendum result. Very few will be realising the error of their ways; they will simply see it as those in power wishing to hold on to power at all costs.

And while I don't fully agree with them - and I don't know enough about how the financial world works - there's almost certainly something in it.
In very simple terms. Reason the pound will fall and stock markets fall is that they are dependent on how much the UK buys and sells. Leaving the EU makes it harder for the UK to buy and sell abroad so the economy gets smaller. This means investors, in particular foreign investors, take their money and put it elsewhere. Demand for UK stuff falls and the price goes down.

What is not impacting price is the establishment is having a massive toys out (although that may well be happening it doesn't drive demand for UK stuff).
Old 28-06-2016, 12:39 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
Note what you say but saying rents will need to increase above inflation is about as useful as saying we want a tarriff free deal with the EU - if there isn't the demand rents will fall. All the rest seems about par for what you would expect.
Should say this is commercial rents rather than resi and in my experience they are happy to have empty lets.
Old 28-06-2016, 01:25 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguila Lakes View Post
I'm feeling the impact now, rumours flying around our place about imminent redundancies.
Staff meeting this pm, hope I still have a job tonight !
Fingers crossed for you
Old 28-06-2016, 02:30 PM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
Brexit - the economic and social impact

Jesus wept. Bloke gets abused on a Manchester tram.
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 28-06-2016, 02:37 PM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Apologies if already posted....

Old 28-06-2016, 02:52 PM
Doting Grandfather

BaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My daughter in laws father got abused last night in a supermarket by three people telling him to **** off back to his own country as he was not wanted here. He is from Malta originally and been in this country over 40 years married to an English lady. He has raised 4 children all of whom were born in this country. His crime - not looking like a good old white English person.

Bunch of twats!!!
Old 28-06-2016, 02:57 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
I posted on Friday how ashamed I was of my country.

That shame has only increased.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 28-06-2016, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

Kipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is here

Molotov cocktail thrown at Halal butcher's in Walsall
Old 28-06-2016, 03:03 PM
Fear the ghost of Pol Pot

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
I posted on Friday how ashamed I was of my country.

That shame has only increased.
You're ashamed of your country over the behaviour of a couple of yobo's?

Get a grip.
Old 28-06-2016, 03:07 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
You're ashamed of your country over the behaviour of a couple of yobo's?
Er, maybe you should read my post. Unless you think I am Nostradamus.

More haste, less speed an' all that.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 28-06-2016, 03:08 PM

Aguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Fingers crossed for you
Thanks Mush, 50% made redundant, 98 jobs in total, as HR manager, I'm going to have to tell them the bad news, really heartbreaking. I've known these guys several years.
As for me, it's relocation to Europe, or fall on my sword.
Frankly the way I feel, it may be the latter.

To say I'm angry is an understatement. I'd like to buy a punchball with Farage's face on it, and knock seven bells out of it.

C'est la vie, and I hope my BBS brothers and sisters, et al, won't have to through any of this shit
Old 28-06-2016, 03:14 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thanks Mush, 50% made redundant, 98 jobs in total, as HR manager, I'm going to have to tell them the bad news, really heartbreaking. I've known these guys several years.

To say I'm angry is an understatement. I'd like to buy a punchball with Farage's face on it, and knock seven bells out of it.

C'est la vie, and I hope my BBS brothers and sisters, et al, won't have to through any of this shit
R80s, BungalowBiggin and MatOv should set up a benevolent fund for people like your colleagues.

Sorry to hear this. I'm on leave until Monday so am currently blissfully ignorant about any impacts at work. Half considering calling my boss to see how things are.
Old 28-06-2016, 03:14 PM
Semper Idem

Bad luck mate.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 28-06-2016, 03:18 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:

I'm so sorry

I lost my job following the 2008 crash. I can't believe we have decided to voluntarily do this again.
Old 28-06-2016, 03:20 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:

Really feel for you mate. So sorry to hear this.