Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 02-11-2017, 12:42 PM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Things are coming together (in a good way)?

Is it just me that can see our season is about to dramatically improve? I feel we turned the corner over the last 2 games for so many reasons:

1) Speroni now undisputed No1: Defence so much more confident with him there
2) PVA injured means Schlupp at left back. That in turn means more pace at the back
3) Sakho injured gave Tomkins an opportunity, and he took it. Will surely displace Dann when Mama is back.
4) PVA injured also gave an opportunity to TFM, and he is now surely ahead of Ward

Hodgson had already sorted out our midfield by dropping Puncheon and playing YC and LM in centre mid. He sorted our attack by playing Townsend and Zaha up front. Once Benteke is back, I feel he will get lots more opportunities to score than he did before his injury. Am I alone in thinking we will be out of the relegation zone before Christmas?
Old 02-11-2017, 01:31 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
I think we'll be well back in the mix come Christmas and actually pull out of the bottom 3 in January. I'm quite excited about the difference we might see in the transfer window now Dougie is overseeing things. Amid the utter doom and gloom and predictions of disaster, I think the potential is there for us as a club to be in a very good place come May.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:37 PM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
I think we'll be well back in the mix come Christmas and actually pull out of the bottom 3 in January. I'm quite excited about the difference we might see in the transfer window now Dougie is overseeing things. Amid the utter doom and gloom and predictions of disaster, I think the potential is there for us as a club to be in a very good place come May.
But we have 8 winnable games coming up after the Spurs game. You don't think we can win 4 or 5 of them? Ok, I'll admit it, even with the team sitting rock bottom: our first XI is the 7th best in the league. Squad is weak but the first team is strong. With a little bit of luck and no injuries I think we can go on a winning streak and climb to mid-table. Burnley are 7th. Are you seriously telling me you'd have (m)any of their outfield players?

In January 2017 we desperately needed massive recruitment; no holding mid, no left back, no left sided centre back. In Jan 2018 we desperately need just a keeper. Things are improving.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:49 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
I can also see it happening, it's exactly the sort of thing Palace do, go from utter disaster and dispair to relative glory, the old roller coaster ride innit?
Old 02-11-2017, 01:55 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
I can also see it happening, it's exactly the sort of thing Palace do, go from utter disaster and dispair to relative glory, the old roller coaster ride innit?
Aye and the best in the world .
We’re lucky to have Hodgson at the helm as he brings a calmness to the club and team but he can obviously fire em up as proved at HT Saturday. Think we’ll stay up also because the old Palace fight is back.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:08 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Is it just me that can see our season is about to dramatically improve? I feel we turned the corner over the last 2 games for so many reasons:

1) Speroni now undisputed No1: Defence so much more confident with him there
2) PVA injured means Schlupp at left back. That in turn means more pace at the back
3) Sakho injured gave Tomkins an opportunity, and he took it. Will surely displace Dann when Mama is back.
4) PVA injured also gave an opportunity to TFM, and he is now surely ahead of Ward

Hodgson had already sorted out our midfield by dropping Puncheon and playing YC and LM in centre mid. He sorted our attack by playing Townsend and Zaha up front. Once Benteke is back, I feel he will get lots more opportunities to score than he did before his injury. Am I alone in thinking we will be out of the relegation zone before Christmas?

Benteke will slow everything down.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:12 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
I'd tentatively agree with all that, with the leveller that we are an injury to a key player away from disaster again.

The main positive for me is that Roy has shown he is happy to make tough decisions about dropping players. He's created as much competition for places as the squad has allowed him to. That bodes very well for the future.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:26 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
I agree too. But a long way to go, but things are turning round. I like the fact that so many have written us off. But we aren't a bottom of the table team. And if were to go down, we wont do so in 20th place. We've been good the last three games. Still deserved more from what we've put in. I think we should have been 4 points better off from those three games - that would have been 7 out of 9.

What is also good about this weekend is that we can quietly go about our business. Spurs are basking in the RM glory, and we remain bottom of the table. As long as we go into the game not believing we are a bottom of the table team, then we CAN get something from it. Of course Kane banging in one in the top corner can easily kill that. But we hope the midday KO and a bit of a after the lord mayors show feeling from their side - and maybe, just maybe. Just put in a performance again, please.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:29 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Also, Spurs normally play 3 at the back don't they, so our mobile front 2 could enjoy themselves like they did against Chelsea.