Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 04-10-2017, 11:49 AM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by McpfcS View Post
Haha he was being diplomatic and making a point about the general harshness of being a football manager.

Haha, of course he was.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:55 AM

Harry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A seventy year old may not look as good as a thirty year old in football shorts but what the seventy year old has that a thirty year old cannot match is experience,knowledge and thinking ability acquired over time.

Do not assume that because a bloke has a few wrinkles and a speech impediment that his brain goes into decline.

Players will perhaps suss out a manager or coach but they also know when they dealing with some one they can respect. Many on here think they have superior knowledge and ability to those involved professionally in the game.

It has to be said that for people like Roy to survive this long in the game it indicates that he must have something about him which stands out in a profession which operates on the basis of " show us your medals"
Old 04-10-2017, 11:57 AM
Red with brass buttons

Jordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
Worrying about Jeremy Corbyn getting the job when Theresa May currently has the job is like worrying about Roberto Martinez becoming your manager when Tim Sherwood is already your manager.
More like FdB to be replaced by Pete the Eagle
Old 04-10-2017, 01:11 PM

Psych : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePsych : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePsych : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePsych : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePsych : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePsych : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePsych : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePsych : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePsych : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePsych : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePsych : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles #1 View Post
We'll have to agree to disagree. Zaha said he thinks De Boer should have been given more time...After Hodgson had been appointed.

Not a great vote of confidence for our current boss I'd suggest..

Says more about Zaha than Hodgson tbf
Old 04-10-2017, 01:13 PM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Bassett View Post
A seventy year old may not look as good as a thirty year old in football shorts but what the seventy year old has that a thirty year old cannot match is experience,knowledge and thinking ability acquired over time.

Do not assume that because a bloke has a few wrinkles and a speech impediment that his brain goes into decline.

Players will perhaps suss out a manager or coach but they also know when they dealing with some one they can respect. Many on here think they have superior knowledge and ability to those involved professionally in the game.

It has to be said that for people like Roy to survive this long in the game it indicates that he must have something about him which stands out in a profession which operates on the basis of " show us your medals"
a 70 year old is also far likely to show symptoms of dementia and Alzheimers than a 40 year old, thats just Mother Nature at work and nothing can halt that and sadly his brain whilst England manager seemed to be in decline especially bringing on Rashford in injury time when we were all but smashed against Iceland, it was clear he'd lost all sense of time and his surroundings, how can we trust someone with such huge responsibility if a similar scenario was to happen again and our PL survival depended on it?
Old 04-10-2017, 01:16 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
A lot of people seem to think roy might be too soft
Well those people should just ask themselves would he have managed for 40 years including three previous pl teams and four national teams if he was too soft?
Old 04-10-2017, 01:22 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie_Tracey View Post
a 70 year old is also far likely to show symptoms of dementia and Alzheimers than a 40 year old, thats just Mother Nature at work and nothing can halt that and sadly his brain whilst England manager seemed to be in decline especially bringing on Rashford in injury time when we were all but smashed against Iceland, it was clear he'd lost all sense of time and his surroundings, how can we trust someone with such huge responsibility if a similar scenario was to happen again and our PL survival depended on it?
You really are a prize tw*t.

Apart from all the crud posting from you on this thread (and possibly other threads, I wouldn't know) the fact you referred to RH as 'Woy' on another thread says an awful lot about you.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:29 PM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara4003 View Post
You really are a prize tw*t.

Apart from all the crud posting from you on this thread (and possibly other threads, I wouldn't know) the fact you referred to RH as 'Woy' on another thread says an awful lot about you.
its only a nickname good grief, how many years has Big Sam been called Big Fat Sam throughout his entire career and did he ever get his knickers in a twist and make an issue of it? dont be such a silly sausage now!

Last edited by Kylie_Tracey; 04-10-2017 at 01:36 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:42 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie_Tracey View Post
its only a nickname good grief, how many years has Big Sam been called Big Fat Sam throughout his entire career and did he ever get his knickers in a twist and make an issue of it? dont be such a silly sausage now!
You´ve upset barbs......that´s difficult.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 04-10-2017, 04:12 PM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimistic Kev View Post
OK, I'll indulge you.

Please give me some examples of statements\quotes he has made, details of pod's etc where you feel he may have come across as a 'bit of a dick'. If you make your subjective statements you shouldn't have a problem in backing them up.

"she said", "a mate of mine heard" etc don't really count.

Over to you.....
His comments about BBS posters were arrogant and conceited and the comments attributed to him earlier in this thread, mocking hodgeson and twisting his quotes, make him seem to me like a “bit of a dick.”

You seem very protective over him. Not sure why. Everybody says stupid things now and again. I don’t know him. He may well not be a dick, which is why my statement was qualified.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:02 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
You´ve upset barbs......that´s difficult.
You've upset me with those spaces between the letters and whatever Spanish equivalent you've inserted in place of an apostrophe.

Heathen
Old 04-10-2017, 05:40 PM

Simple&Stupid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimple&Stupid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimple&Stupid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimple&Stupid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimple&Stupid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimple&Stupid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimple&Stupid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimple&Stupid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimple&Stupid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimple&Stupid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimple&Stupid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
Worrying about Jeremy Corbyn getting the job when Theresa May currently has the job is like worrying about Roberto Martinez becoming your manager when Tim Sherwood is already your manager.
Jeremy Corbyn becoming premier is a worry but that wasn't my point. Why do people think 70 is too old to manage a football club (!) but not too old to manage a country?
Old 04-10-2017, 05:42 PM

Optimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Talksport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWELLSEagle View Post
His comments about BBS posters were arrogant and conceited and the comments attributed to him earlier in this thread, mocking hodgeson and twisting his quotes, make him seem to me like a “bit of a dick.”

You seem very protective over him. Not sure why. Everybody says stupid things now and again. I don’t know him. He may well not be a dick, which is why my statement was qualified.

So you’ve based it on one statement that you didn’t actually hear from yourself? Yet you think this qualifies him as a dick.

That’s genius.

Not over protective at all but every time I have heard him speak, seen him on the TV etc he has never come across as this at all.

You on the other hand.............
Old 04-10-2017, 06:23 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple&Stupid View Post
Jeremy Corbyn becoming premier is a worry but that wasn't my point. Why do people think 70 is too old to manage a football club (!) but not too old to manage a country?
Possibly because international management is a bit more part-time, except during tournaments?

The role involves team selection, formations etc....but less tracksuit-wearing coaching every morning at the training ground on an almost daily basis for your club.

There’s also the issue of relating to and being credible to young players, who you’ll work with more at club level.

Ofcourse some 70 year olds have done a great job and age shouldn’t preclude Hodgson.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:54 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Bassett View Post

Exactly. Take a listen to Dean Kiley's interview on FYP pod I think a couple of weeks ago. He talked so highly about Roy as a manager and said he was well liked by his players.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 04-10-2017, 07:04 PM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimistic Kev View Post
So you’ve based it on one statement that you didn’t actually hear from yourself? Yet you think this qualifies him as a dick.

That’s genius.

Not over protective at all but every time I have heard him speak, seen him on the TV etc he has never come across as this at all.

You on the other hand.............
No, again you’re quite wrong and perfectly content to twist my words. Either that or you’re hard of thinking. I said I was “coming to the conclusion he may be a bit of a dick.” I’m not so sure why you’re personally affronted. You’re being a drama queen. He may very well be a top bloke. Whatever, I don’t really care.

And of course it’s not genius ffs, I’m idly speculating.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:08 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
. I said I was “coming to the conclusion he may be a bit of a dick.” .
No you didn't.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 04-10-2017, 07:43 PM

Quote:
The more I read about Kevin Day the more I come to the conclusion he may be a bit of a dick!
Old 04-10-2017, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
No you didn't.
Oh ffs, I wish I’d never said anything, bunch of precious pedants.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:07 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
bunch of precious pendants.