Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 27-10-2018, 01:18 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
I made the wife change her birthday on Facebook and she gets sick of birthday wishes on January 1st, especially from people who know her real birthday!

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 27-10-2018, 02:49 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Question: Can you "Message" someone who is not a friend?

In other words, if I send a message to someone I know but is not an official friend will they get it and be able to respond?

It's a long story....
It will go into 'message requests' it depends if they check that or even know about it. I only found out about it a year or two ago.

Edit: don't open ones from people you don't know or 'facebook user'. Often viruses.
Old 27-10-2018, 02:58 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefox View Post
It will go into 'message requests' it depends if they check that or even know about it. I only found out about it a year or two ago.

Edit: don't open ones from people you don't know or 'facebook user'. Often viruses.
Thanks... that's my concern too.

I would like to touch base before sending a friend request. Seems it would be the best approach, but may not work for the reasons you give.
Old 27-10-2018, 03:00 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thanks... that's my concern too.

I would like to touch base before sending a friend request. Seems it would be the best approach, but may not work for the reasons you give.
Do they still do the poke thing ?
Old 27-10-2018, 03:03 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefox View Post
Do they still do the poke thing ?
It's in old Girlfriend options!
Old 27-10-2018, 03:05 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I know nothing about poking!
Old 28-10-2018, 11:20 AM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
POKE 53280, 0
Old 28-10-2018, 11:36 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
PEEK 53280

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 28-10-2018, 12:11 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
I always used to think that was a survey of you friends and family

Do you want to give such and such a poke...?

Yeah go on then...
Old 28-10-2018, 12:16 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by postscript View Post
oh, facebook is very american. try To view the link you have to Register or Login, it's made in england and way more snazzy!
Is it still more snazzy?
Old 28-10-2018, 12:23 PM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
PEEK 53280
Old 28-10-2018, 12:33 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
I now nothing about poking!
Did you never have a Sinclair Spectrum? Peeking and Poking were rife
Old 28-10-2018, 05:04 PM

justjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
Did you never have a Sinclair Spectrum? Peeking and Poking were rife
I had a cartridge for my Commodore 64 that meant you could freeze a game and do peeks and pokes to get extra lives and stuff
Old 19-11-2018, 05:14 AM
The Spiky One

I was in a coffee shop during the week having breakfast and on the table just to the back of me was a guy with his son (I assume) a baby and the mother of the baby. The guy used to work where I did but we were not close, and damned if I could remember his name.

Anyway, they left, and no contact was made.

Suddenly over the weekend this guy pops up on Facebook as someone I might know!

Is this a coincidence (which I don't believe in), or has this guy been looking for me?

Does Facebook let the people you have been checking out you are doing so? If so I'm in trouble in a Google Perving sort of way!
Old 19-11-2018, 05:30 AM

Quote:
I was in a coffee shop during the week having breakfast and on the table just to the back of me was a guy with his son (I assume) a baby and the mother of the baby. The guy used to work where I did but we were not close, and damned if I could remember his name.

Anyway, they left, and no contact was made.

Suddenly over the weekend this guy pops up on Facebook as someone I might know!

Is this a coincidence (which I don't believe in), or has this guy been looking for me?

Does Facebook let the people you have been checking out you are doing so? If so I'm in trouble in a Google Perving sort of way!
Several ways.

If they are in your locality

If they are friends of friends

If you have looked at their profile.

If they have looked at your profile.

If they have lots of followers, probably paid ones as well- wannabe models, scams, etc.

If you have an interest in common I think.
Old 19-11-2018, 05:35 AM

They don't let them know, but if you popping up on suggested friends or suggested search it's quite likely they can guess.
I keep getting friends of friends who are attractive young ladies appearing first on my PYMK I doubt they have been checking me out and I have only looked at theirs once after they first appeared.
Old 19-11-2018, 08:50 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
It's to do with location I'm sure or your google search. Last weekend, I was at my parents when and an electrical issue occurred. My Dad could recall the electrician's full name but remembers his first name so I Googled his first name and electrician. An hour later he came over. That night he was on my 'people you might know' list as the first one. I never searched on FB for him so it must be to do with location or your google search.
Old 19-11-2018, 09:12 AM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
PEEK 53280
PEEK and POKE were just methods which read andd wrote directly a specified memory address. Of course this is a required feature in all low-level programming. BASIC didn't support or expect much low-level memory manipulation in code but ZX Spectrum was a platform renowned for hacks, and one of these involved coposing machine code which you would poke into reserved memory a byte at a time. And you reserved the memory by providing a REM statement (i.e. a comment in code) and filling it with junk!

Give me typed pointers and memory allocation on the heap any day.
Old 19-11-2018, 09:33 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Hedgehog - you are right, the bloke probably searched for you and took a look at your profile. The chances are, he was just being nosey and so nothing to worry about.

I remember walking into my office one afternoon and the security guard stopped me just to take a look at my pass. He did, and I walked off to my desk. After about an hour of being bored, I got my phone out to have a quick look on Facebook, only to see the security guard’s face pop up on there as a suggested friend We had no friends in common or anything like that - I reckon he fancied me and wanted to find some pics of me

Last edited by cpfc4evandeva; 19-11-2018 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Jet lag spelling.
Old 19-11-2018, 09:41 AM
Significant Udder

Direwolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
PEEK and POKE were just methods which read andd wrote directly a specified memory address. Of course this is a required feature in all low-level programming. BASIC didn't support or expect much low-level memory manipulation in code but ZX Spectrum was a platform renowned for hacks, and one of these involved coposing machine code which you would poke into reserved memory a byte at a time. And you reserved the memory by providing a REM statement (i.e. a comment in code) and filling it with junk!

Give me typed pointers and memory allocation on the heap any day.
Am I the only one who hasn’t a clue what you just said?