Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 15-03-2005, 03:58 PM

Jay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
The return of Doctor Who

As everyone should be aware, the tv moment of the year is almost upon us and everybody's favourite Time Lord returns to our screens on the 26th of March.

How many BBS'ers are as excited as I am about this?

I'm a big fan of the old series and am very excited about the prospect of bringing it into the 21st century. Chris Ecclestone is, I believe an inspired choice to play the Doctor and from what I know about the new series, it will be must see television.
Old 15-03-2005, 04:03 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
i am looking forward to it.

One of my mates downloaded the 1st episode off the interweb and says that it's good
Old 15-03-2005, 04:04 PM
has jumped ship.

RickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yeah, i tailed off a bit towards the end but looking forward to the new series.

christopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikiki
Can't wait
Diamond Geezer

palace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
hhhmm not gonna have any preconceptions, dont want to build it up to much only to be dissapointed, after all this is the BBC!
Old 15-03-2005, 04:10 PM

christopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikiki
Quote:
Originally posted by palace_crystal
hhhmm not gonna have any preconceptions, dont want to build it up to much only to be dissapointed, after all this is the BBC!
Exactly what I thought initially. Having now seen the people involved, writing and acting wise, I feel better.

And the Beeb seem to be treating it right so far...
Old 15-03-2005, 04:13 PM

Jay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
Quote:
Originally posted by christopher
Exactly what I thought initially. Having now seen the people involved, writing and acting wise, I feel better.

And the Beeb seem to be treating it right so far...
Absolutely, the writing team behind the new series is top, top class, the actors signed up are extremely well respected and the special effects have been made by an Oscar winning production team.

I have no doubts that it will be a fantastic success.
Old 15-03-2005, 04:14 PM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Read a few message boards where this episode is posted to download and if you're looking forward to it, don't get your hopes up too much.

I'm going to wait until it's broadcast to give my own opinion - I'm hoping these folk are majorly wide of the mark.
Old 15-03-2005, 04:16 PM
what's going wrong today?

Simon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSimon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSimon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSimon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSimon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSimon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSimon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSimon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSimon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSimon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSimon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world

Last edited by Simon A; 15-03-2005 at 04:29 PM.
Old 15-03-2005, 04:21 PM
Uzi Lover

Boyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for you
I've seen the first episode.

It's very different to the old series - so don't go into it expecting anything like that. More humour and a lot faster paced as well - although this could be down to the fact it was the first episode.

It'll be a love it or hate it thing, but then again the same could be said about the first one I guess. No doubt some fanatics will no doubt be burning their cardboard Tardis's (Tardii?) in outrage but I reckon the kids will like it.

The two leads are very good.
Old 15-03-2005, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil
Read a few message boards where this episode is posted to download and if you're looking forward to it, don't get your hopes up too much.

I'm going to wait until it's broadcast to give my own opinion - I'm hoping these folk are majorly wide of the mark.
I read one review of the first episode that was so unbelievably scathing I doubt the writer had any intention of enjoying the episode, and went in with a stern desire to hate it.

Another I read from the Guardian was pretty positive by Guardian standards.

The general feedback I have heard from people have seen it is unbelievably positive, so I'm sure I will enjoy it myself.
Old 15-03-2005, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Boyandy
I've seen the first episode.

It's very different to the old series - so don't go into it expecting anything like that. More humour and a lot faster paced as well - although this could be down to the fact it was the first episode.

It'll be a love it or hate it thing, but then again the same could be said about the first one I guess. No doubt some fanatics will no doubt be burning their cardboard Tardis's (Tardii?) in outrage but I reckon the kids will like it.

The two leads are very good.
I think the fast pace is to be expected; they are condensing one whole story into one 45 minute episode, which is a big diversion from traditional Who. However this is a consequence of modern day television and I think it's fair to say that the old format would not have washed with a modern day audience.

I have no problem with it being radically different, towards the end of its run in the late 80's the show stank badly and was crying out for a revamp. A new Who for the 21st Century is good news all round, as far as I'm concerned.
Old 15-03-2005, 04:26 PM
what's going wrong today?

Simon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSimon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSimon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSimon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSimon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSimon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSimon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSimon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSimon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSimon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSimon A was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
I don't care what any of you say, nothing will ever match the Daleks.

E-X-T-E-R-M-I-N-A-T-E
Old 15-03-2005, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Simon A

E-X-T-E-R-M-I-N-A-T-E
Agreed
Old 15-03-2005, 04:59 PM
Diamond Geezer

palace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
Absolutely, the writing team behind the new series is top, top class, the actors signed up are extremely well respected and the special effects have been made by an Oscar winning production team.

I have no doubts that it will be a fantastic success.
Just because you have the right tools, it doesn't mean you can do the job properly!
Old 15-03-2005, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by palace_crystal
Just because you have the right tools, it doesn't mean you can do the job properly!
Indeed not, but I'm confident that the people behind the new series will do the job properly.

Anyway, we shall all see soon enough.
Old 15-03-2005, 05:21 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
hmm I take it there's no regeneration seen at the begining? Always a highlight when I was a lad.
Old 15-03-2005, 05:51 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Personally, I think this may be a mistake. Some things are better left as excellent memories, rather than these constant attempts to recreate past successes.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 19-03-2005, 02:12 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Is it just me, or does Billy Piper look pretty seductive on the BBC web site stuff?
Old 20-03-2005, 07:20 PM
Soup is good food.

celery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behind
Quote:
Originally posted by Simon A

E-X-T-E-R-M-I-N-A-T-E
They had kitchen utensils for weapons.
They couldn't walk upstairs . .

They even struggled with any sense of horizontal direction . . .

Supreme Beings of the Universe eh?

Supreme Wheelie Bins more like.

Last edited by celery stick; 20-03-2005 at 08:16 PM.