Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 21-10-2004, 08:33 PM

bartram : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebartram : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebartram : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebartram : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebartram : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebartram : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebartram : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebartram : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebartram : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebartram : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebartram : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Peter Coker

Anybody knows something about a bloke called Peter Coker . His brother runs a restaurent in Odense in Denmark and claims that Peter played for Palace a couple off times around 1985 or 86
Old 21-10-2004, 08:42 PM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Peter and Wayne Wheatley were both at Selhurst school when myself and Archie Leitch were there. They did play for Palace. Many appearances at youth level - not sure about the first team.

Peter was an uncompromising defender, and everyone thought he would make it. It would have been the late 70's when they were at Palace though, not the mid 80's.
Old 21-10-2004, 09:54 PM

big bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Peter was from the Parchmore Road and I first played with him in 1970 for a Sunday League team called Green Star. They had four or five players who everyone assumed would make it as pro's.His brother was Paul, a lovely bloke but without an ounce of football in him.Later played with Peter at Norbury Manor. As a ball playing centre half he was absolutely brilliant and not one bit big headed.Joined Palace and was doing well.One year he was named club man of the year and was on the verge of the first team.Then just like that in the late 70's he was released.He never played a first team game and I've no idea where he ended up.
Old 21-10-2004, 11:26 PM

ian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Peter's name is listed as an Apprentice in the Palace Handbooks for 1974/5 and 1975/6 .
Old 21-10-2004, 11:35 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He got married to a bird called Reo
Old 21-10-2004, 11:38 PM
Fading into memory.

E.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
May have been 'Young Player Of The Year' one season?
Where I can't be seen, I don't wanna be free
Old 22-10-2004, 12:00 PM
Watching The Reserves Again

arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell
Might have made it as far as the reserves, but he definitely DIDN'T play for the first team.
Old 22-10-2004, 08:28 PM

Daily Mal Daily Mal Daily Mal Daily Mal Daily Mal Daily Mal Daily Mal Daily Mal Daily Mal Daily Mal Daily Mal
Any relation to Ade Coker who played for West Ham in the mid-late 70s?
Old 26-10-2004, 09:29 PM

ian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Peter Coker played in the Youth Teams alongside the likes of Sansom, Smillie, Nicholas, Gilbert, Hilaire, Murphy and Walsh in 1975/6. Was voted Palace Young Player of the Year (1975 I think) and signed a full contract on 25th October 1975. Was in the team that reached Youth Cup Semi-Final in March 1976 and I do not think he is related to Ade Coker of West Ham as he is Caucasian
Old 15-11-2004, 09:28 PM

Heard yesterday (14th Nov) Peter went to Chelmsford City after Palace where Bobby Kellard was manager and Len Tomkins was playing there as well.
Old 13-01-2018, 09:48 PM

Elvin K Box is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartram View Post
Anybody knows something about a bloke called Peter Coker . His brother runs a restaurent in Odense in Denmark and claims that Peter played for Palace a couple off times around 1985 or 86
Peter is a great guy and signed as an apprentice for the Palace in the 1974-75 season. He never 'made it' at the highest level, but is well known to those who played for Palace at that time.
Peter is still alive and kicking and still follows the Palace!
Old 14-01-2018, 08:29 AM

Hadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
Peter was from the Parchmore Road and I first played with him in 1970 for a Sunday League team called Green Star. They had four or five players who everyone assumed would make it as pro's.His brother was Paul, a lovely bloke but without an ounce of football in him.Later played with Peter at Norbury Manor. As a ball playing centre half he was absolutely brilliant and not one bit big headed.Joined Palace and was doing well.One year he was named club man of the year and was on the verge of the first team.Then just like that in the late 70's he was released.He never played a first team game and I've no idea where he ended up.
Remember Green Star, did Tony Taylor and Gerry Queen do some coaching for them back in the day?
Old 14-01-2018, 12:32 PM

Swoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think He went to Carshalton Athletic after Chelmsford, as I’m sure I played against him at Colston Avenue.
Old 15-01-2018, 02:05 PM

cad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Remember Peter Coker playing for the juniors. Also remember Green Star. They were the main junior team when I was a kid.

Peter, 2nd from the right, in this photo from a programme in 1976. In case you can't read the caption (l to r): Chris Sparkes, Billy Gilbert, Neil Smillie, Steve Brennan (who sadly passed away in 2015), Peter Coker and Ian Walsh. Lying across is, of course, Vince Hilaire. Photo was by club photographer Keith Payne.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CP1003.jpg (424.8 KB, 55 views)
Old 15-01-2018, 08:30 PM

Hadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
You may remember Doug Fletcher from Green Star juniors back in 69/70 perhaps cad?
Old 15-01-2018, 09:57 PM

cad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadham Eagle View Post
You may remember Doug Fletcher from Green Star juniors back in 69/70 perhaps cad?
Knew Green Star by reputation. One or two of the kids from school went on to play for them but I played for a team who got slaughtered by teams who got slaughtered by Green Star.