Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

View Poll Results: Red or White Poppy ?
White 14 6.57%
Red 139 65.26%
Both 4 1.88%
Who cares both are fine . 28 13.15%
Moo 28 13.15%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2017, 12:02 PM

DE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I donít - but hey ho.
I do have a dislike of The French - but I donít know if that makes me racist in some folks books - probably does.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:27 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DE - Glad All Over View Post
I donít - but hey ho.
I do have a dislike of The French - but I donít know if that makes me racist in some folks books - probably does.
Do you think being racist is bad?
Old 07-11-2017, 12:28 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by DE - Glad All Over View Post
I donít - but hey ho.
Only those people who don't understand English.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 07-11-2017, 12:31 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Only those people who don't understand English.
are you doing semantics again?
Old 07-11-2017, 12:34 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
are you doing semantics again?
Language matters. Words matter. Meaning matters.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 07-11-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Language matters. Words matter. Meaning matters.
So who do you feel you can be racist against and who can you not be racist against?
Old 07-11-2017, 12:38 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
So who do you feel you can be racist against and who can you not be racist against?
Other races?

Just guessing mind.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:39 PM
Untapped potential....

DAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
You have missed the point. NO ONE is offended by Poppies, its a load of bollocks mainly put about by Right Wing retards and shared by divs on faceache.
This. White poppy's are complete non-issue. The poll should be changed to who has SEEN a white poppy rather than who is going to wear one
Old 07-11-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Other races?

Just guessing mind.
what other races?
Old 07-11-2017, 12:48 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
what other races?
Any?
Old 07-11-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Any?
You're walking into a trap I'd sprung for Maz
Old 07-11-2017, 12:53 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Other races?

Just guessing mind.
I'd suggest a person is more ******* ignorant and stupid to somehow dislike an entire nation of 60m, than racist in it's best understood definition.

However, the CPS allows for the definition of racial group to include nationality or citizenship, so not sure it is quite so cut and dried as that. I remember that from some other discussion, but not sure how it is practically applied.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:54 PM

Basically you either have to accept racism as the term for any kind of prejudice against an other based on their ethnicity or nationality or you have to never use the term for anything and come up with a different form of language.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:54 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
I sent him on in advance.

If a Brit doesn't like the French it is more likely to be a case of xenophobia than it is racism.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 07-11-2017, 12:56 PM
Got any nuts?

Quote:
Well done you.

Iím not though.

And you set a trap for someone, you donít spring it.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:58 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
However, the CPS allows for the definition of racial group to include nationality or citizenship, so not sure it is quite so cut and dried as that..
That was simply to allow certain crimes to all be codified into one piece of legislation rather than an attempt to change the language. Legalese and language are not always the same.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 07-11-2017, 12:58 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Well done you.

Iím not though.

And you set a trap for someone, you donít spring it.
Semantics . Words don't matter any more.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 07-11-2017, 01:00 PM
Part Time Football Agent

Silks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
As a fly is to sh*t, Kidofwonder is to political threads on this board

Don't worry, it's not an attack on you Kidofwonder, merely just an observation that if any thread needs a sprinkle of liberalism, you can be relied upon.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:01 PM

If we want to get really technical there is no such thing as race and the ideas of race come from the eras of colonialism that sets up White as the marker of correctness and any other identity as other.

example

a Jamaican man and a Nigerian man will both be identified as 'Black' but their actual culture is very different. but whiteness paints their 'race' as the same, as 'Black' by virtue of being not 'White'.

It's like when all the political idiots decry 'identity politics' and it's equally as prevalent on the far left as the far right. They say it's divisive against their struggle or whatever.

But 'identity politics' is about a relationship to power. If one group is cast as the dominant and somehow more valued, the experience of that Jamaican man and Nigerian man will be culturally different but because by the powerful they are seen as -the same- they will have the same kind of issues to overcome in society, therefore it seems only right that they will probably identify with elements of the same experience.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:04 PM

If you don't believe me, just look at posters who are on the right on here. They believe that somehow immigration is some kind of cultural war being fought against a white British identity.