Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 13-11-2017, 12:55 PM
Man of the weld

Pat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quite how that would be policed is another thorny issue.
Old 13-11-2017, 01:25 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I don't really mean officially, passport or nationality wise. I mean for the purposes of having a say in the future of the place. Voting, really. I guess you could exclude people who use it as a holiday home and don't pay taxes there or otherwise contribute. Empadronados.
Old 13-11-2017, 01:29 PM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I don't really mean officially, passport or nationality wise. I mean for the purposes of having a say in the future of the place. Voting, really. I guess you could exclude people who use it as a holiday home and don't pay taxes there or otherwise contribute. Empadronados.
i think this is the key. If you have paid taxes somewhere surely you deserve a say?
Old 13-11-2017, 01:58 PM
Man of the weld

Pat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not me. I've been here 12 years but I can only vote in local and European elections.
Old 13-11-2017, 02:03 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Yeah, me too, 27 years, in fact. But I think it’s wrong.
Old 13-11-2017, 02:34 PM

nicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat of the Palace View Post
If an effort to integrate is made I would agree. (not just talking about Spanish immigrants)
The logic that says inland Catalonia should be independent because the majority of the inhabitants want it.... also dictates that Barcelona gets to stay in Spain if thats what they want.
Old 13-11-2017, 03:19 PM
Man of the weld

I think unless it's Catalunya as a whole it's not a goer. I'd be interested to see the numbers behind the maps though and how recently they were compiled. Public opinion is changing quite quickly.
Old 13-11-2017, 03:47 PM
Middle class left.

It’s like London and Brexit.
Old 13-11-2017, 04:05 PM
Man of the weld

Quote:
Itís like London and Brexit.
Full of blow-ins ?
Old 13-11-2017, 04:49 PM
Middle class left.

Ainít we all?
Old 13-11-2017, 05:54 PM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yeah, me too, 27 years, in fact. But I think itís wrong.
Didn't you think you should have a brexit vote? After 27 years away!
Old 13-11-2017, 06:10 PM
Man of the weld

To be fair brexit affects Brits living in Spain.

It's a shame there isn't a separate brexit thread (or 20) to discuss the ins and outs of it all.

That way this thread could be about the subject in hand.
Old 13-11-2017, 06:20 PM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Tell Heb he's posted here much more on Brexit... I'm just shocked at the front of someone thinking they should expect a vote in a country they haven't lived in for nearly 30 Years..just for the record I would have given EU citizens who had lived and payed tax in the UK for five years or more a vote on brexit.
No surprise Spain doesn't give you a national vote.
Old 13-11-2017, 08:51 PM
Middle class left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Didn't you think you should have a brexit vote? After 27 years away!
I do, but I think EU citizens living in the UK should have had one, even more blatantly.
Old 13-11-2017, 08:52 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I do, but I think EU citizens living in the UK should have had one, even more blatantly.
Nope No Way.
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

Old 14-11-2017, 12:45 PM
#Hadron Collider

Quote:
After 5 years as a tax paying member of society with no recorded crimes to their name..then yes I agree...but we were talking about ..stay away you ... wanting a vote!
27 years and you think your still in the tribe.. no way Jose!
Old 14-11-2017, 01:16 PM
Middle class left.

Perhaps, as Pat suggests, this is a conversation for another thread.
Old 14-11-2017, 01:57 PM
Man of the weld

There is demo on the 7th of December in Brussels. There are two planes chartered from Lleida airport.
Judging by the sour faces the GC had on when I was out at the airport working last week because I was talking Catalan they'll all be cavity searched before they get on the plane.
Old 14-11-2017, 02:37 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login

So what happens if separatists get a majority? I guess they can't hold a binding referendum so they just push for more autonomy?
Old 14-11-2017, 03:06 PM
Middle class left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat of the Palace View Post
There is demo on the 7th of December in Brussels. There are two planes chartered from Lleida airport.
Judging by the sour faces the GC had on when I was out at the airport working last week because I was talking Catalan they'll all be cavity searched before they get on the plane.
Two planes paid for by the Catalan taxpayer?