Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 11-01-2019, 07:11 AM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Apologies for half-hijacking the thread but in other 'Who the **** does that West Ham idiot think he is?' news, Arnautovic now 'wants to go to a new market and challenge for [Chinese Super League] titles' 18 months after signing a 5 year contract........

To view the link you have to Register or Login
IF Arnautovic is off , and I think he is , we better cracking on and sign whomever were looking at because West Ham will have plenty of cash and will highjack anyone we're in for.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:20 AM
Thread Killer

bern5161 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbern5161 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbern5161 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbern5161 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbern5161 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbern5161 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbern5161 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbern5161 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbern5161 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbern5161 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbern5161 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Maybe he’s conflicted between playing for the Republic or the North
Old 11-01-2019, 07:44 AM

palace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
I have no idea who he is
Could someone enlighten him please so i can find out who he is
Old 11-01-2019, 08:16 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palace64 View Post
He's the nephew of Declan Curry
Old 11-01-2019, 08:25 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
He's the nephew of Declan Curry
Declan Chutney is no relation.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:15 AM
A gift

CarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think it's ridiculous. I still (probably naively) love international football because it's the one aspect of the game (especially in England) which can't be (or shouldn't be) tainted by player greed, ambition or profile to the same extent club football can. It's a glorious oasis of genuine passion where you play for a team because you support them and not because you have the ability to choose which country is the most likely to win a trophy or a country you have tenuous connection to, just so you can experience international football.

I understand every situation is not as straightforward as this in terms of only having one team you support. My grandparents were Indian and born in India, my parents were born in Kenya and Uganda respectively, have now spent most of their lives in England but consider themselves to be Indian and having been born and bred in Croydon, I feel nothing other than English. Now neither of my parents are into football, so for me supporting England was a very straightforward choice but if they had been, I might find myself in a situation where I supported England and to a lesser extent India or perhaps even Kenya and Uganda too. Similarly, I have friends with parents from different countries who support more than one international team. I don't have an issue with this because there are all sorts of worthy reasons why someone might support a team different to the country they were born in.

However, for footballers to split loyalties like this is completely impractical and can be seen as disingenuous, as often the reasons they switch allegiances aren't clearly stated. This causes resentment from fans and taints the idealist view that international football is all about passion, like it is for us fans, rather than personal greed and ambition.

Whilst we assume Declan Rice is treating this situation like a club move and switching allegiance to England because he's now at a stage where he can challenge for a place in a squad for World Cup and Nations League semi-finalists, it might simply be that he's been raised to support both teams and would like to play for both because the current rules allow him to do so. If this is the case, to hold this kind of dual/multi-support of teams personally is understandable. However, as a professional and to maintain the integrity of international competition and out of respect to a loyal fanbase, I think you should be made to pick one team at your international debut (friendly or underage) and then not be allowed to change afterwards.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:18 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's understandable him taking his time in deciding which Nation to play for, he knows with one he will be picked without hesitation from day one, whilst with England he would still be behind in the pecking order possibly for the next 2 or so years.
One thing is for sure he is an excellent Defensive Midfielder in the making and in my opinion far superior to Dier, and its good news to see Man City are very keen as they would take his game to the next level, and with that in mind his choice of which Nation to choose should be a no brainer.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:24 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
The fact that the number of teams qualifying for the Euros and World Cup is increasing continuously makes using grand parents background a more realistic choice. Up to him entirely but I do feel a little sympathy with players brought up in local leagues who then don't get selected because the diaspora suddenly decide they have an interest in representing their grand parents country when they qualify for a big tournament. Not that I blame anyone.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:25 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Who really cares? A West Ham player deciding between two teams I couldn't give a shit about.

To me, this situation is no different to a player deciding who to go to when a club has accepted offers from clubs to buy them. But that's because international football has turned into an annoyance that either interrupts the proper football or acts as background noise in the summer of a major tournament.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 11-01-2019, 09:31 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
People expecting their own beliefs to be applied to someone’s else’s situation...
Old 11-01-2019, 09:32 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

People expecting their own beliefs to be applied to someone’s else’s situation...
Old 11-01-2019, 09:33 AM
Casual user

Catford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosTheFinger View Post
I think it's ridiculous. I still (probably naively) love international football because it's the one aspect of the game (especially in England) which can't be (or shouldn't be) tainted by player greed, ambition or profile to the same extent club football can. It's a glorious oasis of genuine passion where you play for a team because you support them and not because you have the ability to choose which country is the most likely to win a trophy or a country you have tenuous connection to, just so you can experience international football.

I understand every situation is not as straightforward as this in terms of only having one team you support. My grandparents were Indian and born in India, my parents were born in Kenya and Uganda respectively, have now spent most of their lives in England but consider themselves to be Indian and having been born and bred in Croydon, I feel nothing other than English. Now neither of my parents are into football, so for me supporting England was a very straightforward choice but if they had been, I might find myself in a situation where I supported England and to a lesser extent India or perhaps even Kenya and Uganda too. Similarly, I have friends with parents from different countries who support more than one international team. I don't have an issue with this because there are all sorts of worthy reasons why someone might support a team different to the country they were born in.

However, for footballers to split loyalties like this is completely impractical and can be seen as disingenuous, as often the reasons they switch allegiances aren't clearly stated. This causes resentment from fans and taints the idealist view that international football is all about passion, like it is for us fans, rather than personal greed and ambition.

Whilst we assume Declan Rice is treating this situation like a club move and switching allegiance to England because he's now at a stage where he can challenge for a place in a squad for World Cup and Nations League semi-finalists, it might simply be that he's been raised to support both teams and would like to play for both because the current rules allow him to do so. If this is the case, to hold this kind of dual/multi-support of teams personally is understandable. However, as a professional and to maintain the integrity of international competition and out of respect to a loyal fanbase, I think you should be made to pick one team at your international debut (friendly or underage) and then not be allowed to change afterwards.
Nicely put Carlos.....

(Bit serious though...Cheers, national representyboys!)
Old 11-01-2019, 09:33 AM

cockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What really matters is where he stands on poppies.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:35 AM

CommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post
IF Arnautovic is off , and I think he is , we better cracking on and sign whomever were looking at because West Ham will have plenty of cash and will highjack anyone we're in for.
Yep. I had resigned myself to signing Antonio when West Ham got a new striker in. That might change now that Arnautovic seems to want out.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:08 AM

CK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
But you use the American word for ‘Mum’?
Spell check.......sorted
Old 11-01-2019, 12:30 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Spell check.......sorted
I know it’s my issue and a losing battle, but slowly this Americanism is taking over. Excuse me.
Old 11-01-2019, 12:49 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
It's understandable him taking his time in deciding which Nation to play for, he knows with one he will be picked without hesitation from day one, whilst with England he would still be behind in the pecking order possibly for the next 2 or so years.
One thing is for sure he is an excellent Defensive Midfielder in the making and in my opinion far superior to Dier, and its good news to see Man City are very keen as they would take his game to the next level, and with that in mind his choice of which Nation to choose should be a no brainer.
He is a regular at West Ham and has signed a new deal, why would he want to play for Man City reserves?

As for International choice he has already chosen, he’s played for Ireland in a full international twice

But he’s using the back door to get out as they were only friendlies.
Old 11-01-2019, 01:51 PM

Sharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
My dad was a paddy and my mum english. I was born here and have no question who to support. Twat.
Plastic.
Old 11-01-2019, 01:55 PM

Sharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockles View Post
What really matters is where he stands on poppies.
In the garden probably.
Old 11-01-2019, 02:46 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palace64 View Post
Quality young CDM, best young player in the league this season after Aaron for me.