Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 11-01-2019, 08:49 AM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Andrew Neill brought the conversation to a swift end and linked to a VT. Jones was gone when they next went back to the sofas after the VT piece - but don't know whether that was pre-planned or not.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:36 AM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by laths View Post
Owen Jones what a tool, pissing off Portilo and Andrew Neil
A tick in the box if he managed that. Odious pair of *****.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:46 AM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Poor Owen Jones. He soooooooo desperately wants to be Jezza's friend, but Jezza doesn't like him. It's really rather sad.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:35 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Nish Kumar is from Croydon, supports Man Utd & described C*ntona as his favourite ever player due to his "kung fu skills". The bloke is an utter c**t who I cannot watch. I want him to die.
Fair point. He made a good point about it feeling like groundhog day though.
Old 11-01-2019, 01:43 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith View Post
He made a few good points, but there was an awful lot of "look at me", which he is prone to do a lot, as well. It is grating on programmes such as Mock The week, but painful on something like Question Time.
Old 11-01-2019, 01:50 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Has anyone yet pointed out that Question Time is a political programme, and therefore this thread is in the wrong forum?

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 11-01-2019, 01:54 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
He made a few good points, but there was an awful lot of "look at me", which he is prone to do a lot, as well. It is grating on programmes such as Mock The week, but painful on something like Question Time.
I have not watched the whole programme, but did see the bit where he claimed how indignant he was. It had less the air of sincerity and more the 'look at me' that you state.

Wish they would drop the celebrity guest slot, bar a few exceptions, it is one of the reasons why the programme has gone downhill.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 11-01-2019, 01:55 PM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Has anyone yet pointed out that Question Time is a political programme, and therefore this thread is in the wrong forum?
Yes, i did last night
Old 11-01-2019, 01:57 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
I have not watched the whole programme, but did see the bit where he claimed how indignant he was. It had less the air of sincerity and more the 'look at me' that you state.

Wish they would drop the celebrity guest slot, bar a few exceptions, it is one of the reasons why the programme has gone downhill.
That was a particular low.

The celebrity slot is ok; at least they say what they think rather than toeing the political party line.
Old 11-01-2019, 01:58 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith View Post
No. The only groundhog day I want him involved in is if every morning when his alarm clock goes off he wakes up to find me stood by his bed & I immediately bash him in the face with a shovel.
Old 11-01-2019, 02:06 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Eagle View Post

The celebrity slot is ok; at least they say what they think rather than toeing the political party line.
You maybe right, but my impression is that they simply go for the applause. It is not that hard to get a question Time audience to applaud as they act like trained seals to a stimulus. It could be as simple as the celeb guest looking at them and making some kind of simplistic gesture. At least 50% will find themselves for no reason of note slapping one hand into the other.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 11-01-2019, 02:48 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
This thread is in the wrong forum. Time to pm Maidstoned I feel.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.
Old 11-01-2019, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Bore off.
Old 11-01-2019, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Eagle View Post
That was a particular low.

All depends on the celebrity, but they fails way more often than they succeed.
Old 11-01-2019, 04:07 PM

west eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
the whole programme just reinforces how poor our politicians are!

shocks me every Thursday that the country is run by such people! playground politics.
Old 11-01-2019, 04:09 PM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
You maybe right, but my impression is that they simply go for the applause. It is not that hard to get a question Time audience to applaud as they act like trained seals to a stimulus. It could be as simple as the celeb guest looking at them and making some kind of simplistic gesture. At least 50% will find themselves for no reason of note slapping one hand into the other.
Yep. I often wonder if the QT audience seem to think it is an episode of through the key-hole. You know, where after Lloyd Grossman pointed that this house-owner had shit-tonnes of personal cricket memorabilia, the 'celebrity' panel say - "I think that this person may be well-known for his involvement in cricket" and the audience clap along like moronic seals.

Make some sort of plea to the audience that paints whatever incumbent government in some sort of bad light and you'll get a whoop, a few cheers and more than 50% of the room clapping.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:20 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Bore off.
Thanks, Richard. But what's the point of a politics forum if you don't put political threads in it. And this isn't a case of 'everything is politics'. QT is the Beeb's flagship political programme.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 11-01-2019, 06:23 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Excellent point, well made.

But there are several political threads in GCC so I suspect the Politics Forum is not really about politics. Which confuses matters still further.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 11-01-2019, 06:31 PM
Class Swot.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Shall I.move it?

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 11-01-2019, 06:36 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Always enjoy it when someone makes an impassioned rant and brings it to an end with a crescendo expecting applause but gets silence.

Have to say for a debut, thought Fiona Bruce was brilliant. Like she’d been doing it for years.

I’m off to the guilty fancies thread.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel