Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 08-06-2018, 01:06 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_Nash View Post
Brought him in when he was at top guy level (at Impact) and buried him in the mid-card straight away. They should be pushing him as an unstoppable monster, not putting him in shit comedy segments like that Sisters thing - they tried the This Is Your Life bit with Bayley last year and it was universally slated, so they just go and do it again.
Don't forget the "Old Day" segment too. Plus Cass beating up a little person on SD a couple of weeks ago. Vince likes to take one step forward and three steps back. Into lava.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:08 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
LOL. Calm down mark.

The attitude era and the Hogan era drew more ratings than any other time in wrestling. That appealed to the casual fan. This current version appeals to the marks and children. Nothing wrong with kids loving it but the adults watching people play fight for 20 mins a match is a bit weird.

The ratings are at a low. House show attendances are a dwindling. People seen on their phones during the matches...... but yeah this is better than anything.
This post makes no sense. I don't understand what you're complaining about.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:12 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
I don't get people wanking themselves silly over the attitude era. go back and watch it and a lot of it just doesn't hold up. That's not just because a lot of it is outright offensive but it's just not good writing.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:27 PM
Returned.

Daniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
Don't forget the "Old Day" segment too. Plus Cass beating up a little person on SD a couple of weeks ago. Vince likes to take one step forward and three steps back. Into lava.
Yep. That was utter shite, too.

Nia going on about beating the bully.. next match was Lashley and Braun throwing Owens and Zayn around like ragdolls. Beat the bully if you're 3x the size, perhaps. If not, just get thrown around until they get bored.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:13 PM

Zohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
I don't get people wanking themselves silly over the attitude era. go back and watch it and a lot of it just doesn't hold up. That's not just because a lot of it is outright offensive but it's just not good writing.
Itís a matter of opinion though. In my view it was the golden era of wrestling, because there were 2 products, (3 if you include ECW) trying to out do each other in the Monday Night Wars, loads of talent moving in opposite directions which created a layer of genuine storylines happening beneath the scripted ones. it was a far grittier product, with a lot more heavy bumps, bigger personalities, some more adult themes, loads of shock heel turns and twists you didnít see coming. Now to me it just seems stale and sanitised. I donít see what was offensive about it, maybe a bit ott at times, it was just different to this one.

For me wrestling died with the disappointing invasion storyline and has been a different animal since. I only dip in and out very infrequently on tv and sometimes a quick look at this thread. Just my opinion though.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohar's Penalty View Post
Itís a matter of opinion though. In my view it was the golden era of wrestling, because there were 2 products, (3 if you include ECW) trying to out do each other in the Monday Night Wars, loads of talent moving in opposite directions which created a layer of genuine storylines happening beneath the scripted ones. it was a far grittier product, with a lot more heavy bumps, bigger personalities, some more adult themes, loads of shock heel turns and twists you didnít see coming. Now to me it just seems stale and sanitised. I donít see what was offensive about it, maybe a bit ott at times, it was just different to this one.

For me wrestling died with the disappointing invasion storyline and has been a different animal since. I only dip in and out very infrequently on tv and sometimes a quick look at this thread. Just my opinion though.
Fair enough! I think Wrestling is as good as it's ever been if not better. WWE is neither here nor there as its not really wrestling anymore.

The independent scene is doing better business than ever. All In sold out 10,000 in half an hour. Progress are doing Wembley Arena. The Young Bucks have funkopops which is crazy for non WWE guys.

You just have to go and seek it out.

Go watch Matt Riddle and Minoru Suzuki beat the ever loving **** out of each other if you want hard hitting action or the Omega/Okada matches in New Japan to see physical storytelling at its finest.

If you want extreme go watch the death house match from Fight Club Pro or CZW tournament of death.

It's all there if you seek it out and its all online for like a fiver to a tenner a month
Old 09-06-2018, 07:36 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
TBH I don't think any of the things you listed will sway those harking back to the old days to change their mind. Maybe some of the more sadistic old school ECW fans will like the CZW stuff. But there's no real comparison between strong style wrestling or cruiserweight/junior heavyweight that's made a big impact on the business and the wrestling from say 1996 to 2003 that most wish was still alive and kicking.

As for the "adult themes" mentioned by someone above? Kinda glad we don't have that anymore. Don't want to see storylines about necrophilia, miscarriages or people getting their nuts electrocuted if i'm honest! Give me a well worked wrestling match between two athletes over that shit any day.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:36 AM
Returned.

Daniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betray
did you see that HHH and Steph went to LA to lobby for an Emmy award?! They showed the WWE24 episode on the women's revolution, Raw 25 and the Mixed Match Challenge.

None of the shows were stand out amazing though. I thought that women's rev WWE24 was the worst of all of them. Came across really false and scripted to me. And Raw 25 was shit, I thought, a clunky mess with bored fans forced to watch on TVs in the arenas. I didn't see the Mixed Match Challenge at all.

Do they think they are making good, award-winning television!? strewth.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:55 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
You will never see a better match than Okada-Omega today.

Absolutely brilliant and something the WWE should learn from.

Their story-telling, the build, the importance of certain matches and rivalries all building together.

Artwork.

Jericho vs Naito wasn’t half bad.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:27 PM
Slip it!

Abjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Blimey, I started something there with my Lashley comment didn't I? I'll leave it alone anyway, so as not to be too much of a mark or whatever.

Just finished Dominion, anyway. And definitely agree with the above, Okada v Omega was unreal.
Old 10-06-2018, 12:24 AM
43% Burnt

I was at work when it was on and managed to catch 5 minutes of it. Itís was during the last fall when they could barely move and even that was amazing. Need to watch it in full tomorrow.

Although Iíll skip the Elgin match. Because **** that guy.
Old 10-06-2018, 03:18 AM

Norwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There is a lot to be said that wrestling has never been stronger as it is right now.

WWE with the Network have access to broadcast to an international audience. They will test the waters with the UK market for the upcoming event. If that is successful then there is scope to create "independent" markets in the UK, Mexico, Japan, Europe plus NXT.

On top of that some of the action coming out of Japan at the moment is sublime. I just wish that there was a better end product with some of the "graduates" from NXT onto the main roster. There has been some incredible success stories but also some absolute pointless dross and feels very hot and cold sometimes.

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 10-06-2018, 07:49 PM

LSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just seen Okada - Omega, wow!!
Old 13-06-2018, 04:18 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Corbin finally leans into it. Coming for you next, Dean.

Old 13-06-2018, 04:48 PM
Between matches

MasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Okada Omega was incredible. Canít recall a WWE match tell a story like that in a long time
Old 13-06-2018, 04:49 PM
Between matches

MasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
And Iíll be honest itís the first time Iíve watched either of them properly
Old 13-06-2018, 11:48 PM
Returned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post
Corbin finally leans into it. Coming for you next, Dean.

About time!!!

And Dean's lunatic fringe has to go.
Old 14-06-2018, 01:20 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Looks like we're finally getting our New Day vs Elite confrontation.

Last edited by Funk Butter; 14-06-2018 at 01:38 PM.
Old 14-06-2018, 01:41 PM
43% Burnt

WWE talking about The Elite on there website, even though it's just about them playing games against New Day, is wild.

Just imagine if Vince green lit a little physical confrontation at E3 too...
Old 14-06-2018, 09:39 PM
43% Burnt

To view the link you have to Register or Login

WWE in 2018 ladies and gentlemen. What a time to be alive.