Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 25-09-2017, 12:14 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
There's enough going on here and we need to stop the hand-wringing about goalkeepers, strikers and managers.
Strikers plural? Since when
Old 25-09-2017, 12:43 PM

Palacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We have to get some self respect & confidence back. We just have to score against Man U or Chelsea and keep a clean sheet at newcastle.

The midfielders have to start stepping up, as we need the goals from them. AT, YC, RLC, punch & wilf need to be scoring 5+ goals per season. Until they do we are f-ed.
Old 25-09-2017, 12:50 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle View Post
This place we find ourselves in is desperate. ...... It may not even make a huge difference, but it has to be better for all concerned than adding to the already sizeable noise that surrounds the team.
I agree with your underlying point and think I am already there with you even if some posts might be misinterpreted, I don't know. For the record I am fine with the Roy/Ray combo going forward. I would by lying if I was optimistic right now and I don't think it's wise to pretend everything is rosy but looking forward is our only option. It does have to be in the context of what has happened and our current 'state' though. Equally damaging as negativity right now is some over optimistic proclamation that we are too good to go down and that 'everything is gonna be alright'. The song is great but it's not a viable tactic.

So looking forward, my concerns aren't particularly the Manager. My biggest worry is the nature of the squad. This isn't attributable to one Manager but rather to management of squad makeup over time. Roy/Ray have no choice but to limp through until January collecting as many points as possible. If they can achieve that then we can potentially buy (overpriced) reinforcements or perhaps as likely right now, is that we start to shape the squad for Championship by letting a bigger name go to fund several younger players. I will put together a post for the Transfer thread on this later maybe.

Roy has the calm persona needed right now I suspect. The return of Wilf will give us all a lift and if Benteke's injury isn't too bad and he can find some form and importantly some goals, who knows. We do need to get behind the team and the club right now though. Newer fans won't want to hear this but it can and does get worse than this, but it makes the successes all the more enjoyable. If we pull this miracle off one more time then that would be a celebration.
Old 25-09-2017, 02:15 PM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
This wonderful result is regularly cited as a sign of how good we really are but it isn't a repeatable performance for us is it? I.e. 3 games later ? we were losing to Burnley at home 2-0, thrashed 5-0 at the Etihad (last year) etc. The sad and depressing truth is that the Palace squad has consistently performed, over a season, at relegation levels for the past 4 years.

Kidding ourselves that it is just about formations or tactics is folly and arguably part of the problem at the top. The failure to upgrade the physical infrastructure at the club gets criticism but I think the current state of the squad indicates a far bigger failure to upgrade and manage the quality, ages and contracts in the 25. We have added big money individuals but taken the eye off the squad strength as a whole.

The Sporting Director purports to fix that but why we have chosen DF for that I have little idea. It could have made sense if we were in League 1.
I agree to an extent - the squad isn't great but let's at least stick to what our, pretty decent, first XI do best.
Old 25-09-2017, 03:22 PM

Lee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Lombardi View Post
For a team like Palace success goes in cycles and has done for years... you have the highs like the Play-off final at Wembley and the lows like the 97/98 season when we were totally humiliated in the Premier League.

It's time for another slump... it's painful, but it was always coming.

If you don't like it... don't support Palace.
Mate 50 years I've lived what you say, but is it really necessary? Why can't we break this merry go round? Fulham managed it for a lot longer than our cycle and they are a much smaller club, the same can be said of Coventry city (albeit they are in a shit state now, but did have 20+ years at the top) and the likes of Southampton, WBA, Stoke have established themselves in the long term, so why not us?

There simply seems to be no plan, no consistency whether it be management, recruitment,academy it has just been five years of solving one crisis after another. How is it possible that we've not established one player from the academy in the last 7 years?
How could someone as successful as SP seriously allow the club to go into a season with only one striker and thenon the last day of the window buy another centre back to go with the other six?
I've heard our wage bill is now 109mil and we owe circa 50 mil in outstanding transfer fees

A truly astonishing mess, that will almost certainly take another five years of fire sales to get back into shape.
Old 25-09-2017, 08:41 PM

TomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Message to Steve Parish:

"Having leveled my palace, don't erect a hovel and complacently admire your own charity in giving me that for a home." (Emily Bronte)
Old 25-09-2017, 10:35 PM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The scene is set for an incredible comeback after losing the first 11 games without scoring a goal. Either that or we only score in 2 games all season, beating Brighton on both occasions and losing every other game to nil.
Old 25-09-2017, 11:02 PM

The Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I agree with your underlying point and think I am already there with you even if some posts might be misinterpreted, I don't know. For the record I am fine with the Roy/Ray combo going forward. I would by lying if I was optimistic right now and I don't think it's wise to pretend everything is rosy but looking forward is our only option. It does have to be in the context of what has happened and our current 'state' though. Equally damaging as negativity right now is some over optimistic proclamation that we are too good to go down and that 'everything is gonna be alright'. The song is great but it's not a viable tactic.

So looking forward, my concerns aren't particularly the Manager. My biggest worry is the nature of the squad. This isn't attributable to one Manager but rather to management of squad makeup over time. Roy/Ray have no choice but to limp through until January collecting as many points as possible. If they can achieve that then we can potentially buy (overpriced) reinforcements or perhaps as likely right now, is that we start to shape the squad for Championship by letting a bigger name go to fund several younger players. I will put together a post for the Transfer thread on this later maybe.

Roy has the calm persona needed right now I suspect. The return of Wilf will give us all a lift and if Benteke's injury isn't too bad and he can find some form and importantly some goals, who knows. We do need to get behind the team and the club right now though. Newer fans won't want to hear this but it can and does get worse than this, but it makes the successes all the more enjoyable. If we pull this miracle off one more time then that would be a celebration.
My concern is the decision making skills of the owner running the club.
Old 27-09-2017, 09:42 AM
Question!

AJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anyone else getting tired of the same greeting I'm getting from all work colleagues?

Morning "insert name here" how are you?

Yeah good you?

Yeah not bad, cor Palace are shit aren't they!

Yes...thanks....hadn't noticed

I wager many of you are going through this tedious exchange as much as me.

Now repeat after me "I AM FREE".
Old 27-09-2017, 09:54 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ's right boot View Post
Anyone else getting tired of the same greeting I'm getting from all work colleagues?

Yeah good you?

actually im getting fed up with fellow palace fan work colleagues who keep bringing up the subject. Yes i know we are sh!te

Last edited by macstar; 27-09-2017 at 10:31 AM.
Old 27-09-2017, 10:09 AM
A Bit Ranty Today!

Scroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm making friends through it, plucky (useless) Palace are everyone's favourite second team again!
Old 27-09-2017, 10:31 AM

JackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroatey View Post
I'm making friends through it, plucky (useless) Palace are everyone's favourite second team again!
I'd prefer to banter & stick than the outpouring of sympathy I'm getting all the time.
Old 27-09-2017, 10:46 AM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
I'm just upset that we'll have to sell Wilf
Old 27-09-2017, 11:04 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Bolton failed to score last night, making that 7 games without scoring for them! It could be worse
Old 27-09-2017, 11:08 AM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Oddly enough in all the years supporting Palace I have felt far worse than this in terms of how shit we play. Even in recent years the Taylor and Freedman dross was far harder to watch. Wilf will be back soon and Sakho will settle the back line down. We will come good and catch some of the others up.
Old 27-09-2017, 11:11 AM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Quote:

Yeah good you?

Where do you work ... We could all come round and slap them up a bit for you maybe?
Old 27-09-2017, 11:32 AM
Jog on........

NRM the 2nd is just too good for youNRM the 2nd is just too good for youNRM the 2nd is just too good for youNRM the 2nd is just too good for youNRM the 2nd is just too good for youNRM the 2nd is just too good for youNRM the 2nd is just too good for youNRM the 2nd is just too good for youNRM the 2nd is just too good for youNRM the 2nd is just too good for youNRM the 2nd is just too good for you
Quote:

Yeah good you?

For me it's the constant shock of my colleagues at our demise and that I must be distraught beyond all recognition. Im bored of saying no it's been coming what else do you want me to respond with after every match. Stop asking what's happening at palace week in week out.
Old 27-09-2017, 11:38 AM
Question!

AJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Where do you work ... We could all come round and slap them up a bit for you maybe?
If I posted that, you'd want to slap my colleagues even if Palace has been unbeaten in 30 games haha

Now repeat after me "I AM FREE".
Old 27-09-2017, 11:47 AM
Looking to curl one

ScottHooky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScottHooky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScottHooky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScottHooky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScottHooky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScottHooky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScottHooky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScottHooky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScottHooky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScottHooky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScottHooky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Bolton failed to score last night, making that 7 games without scoring for them! It could be worse
Palace: "Hold my beer..."
Old 27-09-2017, 12:05 PM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Yeah good you?

Yep. The majority of my fellow colleagues are Scandinavian/Nordic so invariably they are all Moan U/Liverpool etc, so makes it even more annoying hearing it from them.

I do have a Finnish Helsinki supporter colleague though whose second team is Palace (due to the Riihilahti/Forssell connection) and hes used to the pain having followed us so long