Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 15-07-2017, 07:44 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Random bump?

It's not happening. It's a lazy cheap story - something Andros is certainly not!
Old 15-07-2017, 08:13 PM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down low
One of those sales that if it happened just wouldnt make sense (unless it was mega bucks)

It's not like in previpus years where we were desperate/keen for money (pick your favoutote fire sale player - Svennson, Jansen, Tuttle etc.)
The One More Point book is underway....and only 12 years late. This will be a book about not just One More Point but a look at all fanzines and their impact. It will look at what it was like being a Palace fan and football fan back in the 80s/90s. If you have comments, memories or just to remind me some (most likely drunken) incident back in the day then please PM me. And if you can think of a decent title then please step right up!
Old 15-07-2017, 08:34 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
One of those sales that if it happened just wouldnt make sense (unless it was mega bucks)

It's not like in previpus years where we were desperate/keen for money (pick your favoutote fire sale player - Svennson, Jansen, Tuttle etc.)
Craig Moore - single best centre back I've seen for us! Thorn / Young a better pairing, but Moore was a class above!
Old 15-07-2017, 09:20 PM

kyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We need him . Quality hard working player .
Will suit the new manager
Old 16-07-2017, 07:51 AM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I would not be totally dismissive of this rumour, he could well be seen as Newcastle's "major" summer signing to pacify their fans and make every effort to pull it off. Just wonder if Townsend would turn it down?
Old 16-07-2017, 12:31 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
I would not be totally dismissive of this rumour, he could well be seen as Newcastle's "major" summer signing to pacify their fans and make every effort to pull it off. Just wonder if Townsend would turn it down?
I think Newcastle need to think again if they think they can just nip in and sign an important player from us. We have a new manager who means business and is clearly looking to strengthen our team and squad. Of course Newcastle are a bigger club than we are but they don't actually have a team that will do much this season and Townsend could really shine this season and seal a place at the workd cup. Don't see him going anywhere
Old 16-07-2017, 01:13 PM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
I think Newcastle need to think again if they think they can just nip in and sign an important player from us. We have a new manager who means business and is clearly looking to strengthen our team and squad. Of course Newcastle are a bigger club than we are but they don't actually have a team that will do much this season and Townsend could really shine this season and seal a place at the workd cup. Don't see him going anywhere
I am not suggesting we get rid off especially if we see a fully committed Townsend as when we saw towards the end of the season he is a big asset, but unfortunately we did also see the other side quite often.
With Newcastle struggling to bring in signings, a "name" to pacify the fans? i just wonder, and by bringing back an old favourite might do the trick. I also think if a bid around 23-25m might well tempt FdB, knowing he is able to bring in good alternatives at sensible fees which will balance the books, especially with the future spending he may have in mind.
Old 16-07-2017, 01:41 PM
Supporting Palace away

Eagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think what Andros wants is a big factor. The chance to play under FDB or Rafa Benitez? FDB may be a bit of an unknown but I would think he is infinitely more impressive than Rafa.
Old 16-07-2017, 01:45 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Away View Post
FDB may be a bit of an unknown but I would think he is infinitely more impressive than Rafa.
Yes Rafa only managed to win the Champions League among many other things, what a scrub

@RisZero
Old 16-07-2017, 02:04 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
Craig Moore - single best centre back I've seen for us! Thorn / Young a better pairing, but Moore was a class above!
We didn't sell Moore - iirc we couldn't afford to keep up the payments so the huns took him back.
Old 17-07-2017, 12:11 AM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisZero View Post
Yes Rafa only managed to win the Champions League among many other things, what a scrub

His record is so over rated. Vastly so. Spent buckets at Liverpool and only had 1 decent season in the league.

Sure he's great if you are into cups over the league bread and butter. And if you are find with huge spending without raising the expectation level.

Went to depth on his record in a recent pod.

On iTunes under DGFootball on iTunes Podcast App or here https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...125711476?mt=2

Also on ACAST too:
https://www.acast.com/dgfootball
Old 17-07-2017, 12:25 AM
Banned by Moderators

jimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is here
If he signed for Newcastle now, he'd have made a very tidy sum in contract dealings, and no doubt, pay increases over the last twelve months. Fact is the vast majority of footballers would take that in a heartbeat. Be gutted, but not surprised, if he's a Newcastle player come September.
Old 17-07-2017, 12:27 AM
Banned by Moderators

jimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is here
Quote:
FDB may be a bit of an unknown but I would think he is infinitely more impressive than Rafa.
Do what mate?
Old 17-07-2017, 12:32 AM
Banned by Moderators

Who'd want to play for a loser like Benitiez....

Quote:

EFL Championship, with Newcastle United FC in May 2017.
Italian Super Cup, with SCC Napoli in December 2014.
Italian Cup, with SSC Napoli in May 2014.
UEFA Europa League, with Chelsea FC on May 15, 2013.
FIFA Club World Club Cup, in December 2010 with Inter Milan.
Italian Super Cup, August 2010 with Inter Milan.
Community Shield, with Liverpool FC in August 2006.
FA CUP, with Liverpool FC on May 13, 2006.

European Super Cup with Liverpool FC in August 2005.
UEFA Champions League, with Liverpool FC on May 25, 2005.
UEFA Cup with Valencia CF SAD on May 19, 2004.
Premier League (La liga), with Valencia CF SAD in May 2004.
Premier League (La liga), with Valencia CF SAD in May 2002.

Promotions:

To Premier League, with Newcastle United FC in May 2017.
To First Division (La liga), with the SAD CD Tenerife in June 2001.
To First Division (La liga), with the CF Extremadura SAD in May 1998.
Old 17-07-2017, 11:45 AM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I think what Andros wants is a big factor. The chance to play under FDB or Rafa Benitez? FDB may be a bit of an unknown but I would think he is infinitely more impressive than Rafa.
Ummmmm It's not like Rafa Benitez isn't an internationally renowned manager won several cups including the Champions league, couple of league titles.
Old 17-07-2017, 11:53 AM
It's all in the game

gamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Townsend clearly enjoyed himself during the second half of last season, so is unlikely to be in a hurry to return to Newcastle.

Add to that the fact that's he's an extremely important player for us and is in contract until 2021, there's not a chance in hell he will be leaving us for them unless there is silly money involved.
Old 17-07-2017, 11:56 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the gent View Post
Who'd want to play for a loser like Benitiez....

EFL Championship, with Newcastle United FC in May 2017.
Italian Super Cup, with SCC Napoli in December 2014.
Italian Cup, with SSC Napoli in May 2014.
UEFA Europa League, with Chelsea FC on May 15, 2013.
FIFA Club World Club Cup, in December 2010 with Inter Milan.
Italian Super Cup, August 2010 with Inter Milan.
Community Shield, with Liverpool FC in August 2006.
FA CUP, with Liverpool FC on May 13, 2006.

European Super Cup with Liverpool FC in August 2005.
UEFA Champions League, with Liverpool FC on May 25, 2005.
UEFA Cup with Valencia CF SAD on May 19, 2004.
Premier League (La liga), with Valencia CF SAD in May 2004.
Premier League (La liga), with Valencia CF SAD in May 2002.
So about half are 50:50 matches or invitational competitions where they were the biggest team?

He did really well with Valencia but i think they spent a huge amount of money didn't they, from which they have struggled to recover?

Did well with Liverpool, again spending money and had an FA Cup and CL to his credit but still nowhere near the PL title. Chelsea were about the biggest team in the Europa League and spend fortunes in comparison to the others.

Newcastle spent a ridiculous amount of money to win the Championship last year. Think their spend was more than a few PL clubs managed last season. Now they are not out spending money reports start to gather that he is not happy.
Old 17-07-2017, 01:30 PM

RPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Nonsense, hes happy at Palace and we need him
Old 17-07-2017, 01:34 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
In terms of W/C he's probably better with us too
Old 17-07-2017, 01:40 PM

tsunamiman will cross the room to turn the lights down lowtsunamiman will cross the room to turn the lights down lowtsunamiman will cross the room to turn the lights down lowtsunamiman will cross the room to turn the lights down lowtsunamiman will cross the room to turn the lights down lowtsunamiman will cross the room to turn the lights down lowtsunamiman will cross the room to turn the lights down lowtsunamiman will cross the room to turn the lights down lowtsunamiman will cross the room to turn the lights down lowtsunamiman will cross the room to turn the lights down lowtsunamiman will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
So about half are 50:50 matches or invitational competitions where they were the biggest team?

He did really well with Valencia but i think they spent a huge amount of money didn't they, from which they have struggled to recover?

Did well with Liverpool, again spending money and had an FA Cup and CL to his credit but still nowhere near the PL title. Chelsea were about the biggest team in the Europa League and spend fortunes in comparison to the others.

Newcastle spent a ridiculous amount of money to win the Championship last year. Think their spend was more than a few PL clubs managed last season. Now they are not out spending money reports start to gather that he is not happy.
Newcastle had a negative net spend of like 30mill last year....so they were just replacing what they had lost.

Also, personal opinions on how good a manager he is aside. To say FdB is a bigger draw than Rafa is ludicrous.