Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 18-12-2014, 12:33 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Assassins Creed Series

Quick question for anyone who knows....

I've played AC1, 2 and Brotherhood, I meant to continue playing them all but have massively fallen behind, still need to play Revelations, 3, Black Flag, Rogue and Unity....

Do I really need to have played all of them in order to play the newer ones on Xbox One, i.e. for the story line.

Golf handicap - 12
Golf Blog - http://wp.me/p7sKN4-4
Blog Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/UsingTheBounce/
Old 18-12-2014, 01:38 PM
Voice of HOL Radio

Hambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Both Black Flag and Unity are separate, but linked, storylines.

Shame you missed revelations to end Desmond's storyline but in all honesty you can just read the wikipedia entries on plot to satisfy your curiosity and won't have missed anything wortwhile in terms of AC3.

I found Black Flag to be excellent. Unity is a bit of a disappointment as things stand, but not played too much of it due to COD addiction problems.

Rogue has passed me by due to it being on the previous gen. From reviews I'm not too fussed.

I'm a little frustrated with the series in general - the Desmond storyline was superb, but they are really struggling to create the same level of intrigue in the newer games IMO.

Itunes: www.holradio.net/itunes

XBOX ONE gamertag : HAMBO x1980x
Old 18-12-2014, 01:53 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Lost interest after AC2. Was gripped by Ezio's storyline and thought the twist at the end was cracking. Tried Revelations thought it was turgid and haven't been back since.
Old 18-12-2014, 05:28 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Might just swipe Black Flag from my brother and pick the series up from there then. Not sure if I can be bothered to play through all the others that I have missed, my motivation for last gen games has now dwindled completely.

Golf handicap - 12
Old 18-12-2014, 11:22 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Play black flag, it's super fun. The last AC game I played before that was AC2 and I didn't miss anything in the storyline. As long as you are familiar with the basics (assassins v Templars, you are a descendant of an assassin who replays genetic memories via a VR machine etc) then you're good to go. The characters are all different so it can be standalone.
Old 19-12-2014, 11:04 AM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Loved AC2, also enjoyed Brotherhood.

Didn't play Revelations but then found AC3 terrible. There is a storyline in there but not sure you really need to play every game to get the jist of what is going on etc.

I have asked for Unity for Xmas so looking forward to it, although heard mixed reviews so far.
Old 19-12-2014, 11:49 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
I backed off the franchise after playing AC3. AC2 and Brotherhood appear to be the zenith. I had high hopes for Unity but the reviews are not good.

I am beginning to think they are simply rolling out titles too quickly. Ubisoft have a policy of a release a fiscal year, and each title has a two year development.

This seems to work when not much is changing, but seems to fall down when there is significant change. So take AC to AC2 . Significant change and only standard two year development but triple the number of people working on it that AC did. Brotherhood and Revelations were not exactly massive differences, and revelations was only really let down by the story.

But the real issue appeared to be between Revelations and AC3. There was a two and a half year development run which was the longest yet but it appears to not be enough. You've moved away from cities and are into a larger world that needed a lot more things to do. The tree running thing for me didn't work, the hunting was dull and the ships thing was dull and didn't really fit in with the wider story. the whole thing struck me as rushed.

And now we have two releases this year, Rogue and Unity. And Unity is moving back to what they are good at but it is getting panned. Seems they are bleeding the franchise rather than making really good games. It get financially (i.e. total franchise sales will be pretty close to the GTA franchise and in lots less time) it but it is a shame.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 19-12-2014, 12:22 PM
Bass Man

bunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I tried getting into this with AC1 a few months ago. Really wanted to like it as I love the fact they have lovingly recreated the cities etc. But I dunno something just didnt click with me. might have to give it another go but upgrading to a ps4 next week so might just have to give the series a miss altogether.
Old 19-12-2014, 12:39 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
AC1 is fairly boring and repetitive though to be fair - AC2 is ten times better.
Old 19-12-2014, 01:00 PM
Bass Man

bunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Might have to just push through it I guess! or skip to blag flag which is the one that really interests me!
Old 19-12-2014, 01:17 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Assassins Creed 2 of all the games if you only ever played one game is the one I would say you HAVE to play.
Old 19-12-2014, 01:26 PM
Shefki Kuqi fan

ChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChaceTheAce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Next years AC is set in Victorian London. Nice.

Because they're chocolate biscuits.
Old 19-12-2014, 03:58 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Apparently after next years one in London they're going to bring it up to date and have a modern storyline with modern surroundings etc

Golf handicap - 12
Old 20-12-2014, 12:51 AM
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny32 View Post
Apparently after next years one in London they're going to bring it up to date and have a modern storyline with modern surroundings etc
Not sure if that interests me. The thing I loved about the Assassins Creed 2 set of games was the historical setting and characters which to me fit into the Story of Assassins vs Templars. Modern day story I don't think the series can match up to "similar" games.

But we shall see how it goes... I cannot wait for Unity as the French Revolution etc should be a good setting. The American storyline was just soooooooo dull.
Old 26-12-2014, 11:01 AM
Pokemon Trainer

Played about 25 minutes of Unity and loving it already. Love the scene, the characters and the game play already. AC3, talk about over complicating a winning formula, not Ubisofts finest hour that one I am afraid. I never played Black Flag, and although it was apparently a good game I am kind of glad I took a year off otherwise I might not have been quite as excited for ACU.
Old 26-12-2014, 08:28 PM

eagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I loved the earlier ACs, I think I'm going to wait for Victory next year. Victorian London has been the setting I've wanted since the Ezio days.
Old 01-01-2015, 04:26 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Liking Unity... It is a bit clunky though and I often find Arno climbing up a random building or something when I don't want him to at times, but that can be ironed out hopefully.

Definitely a massive improvement on AC3 which was just an absolute mess of a game. In this one I acrually enjoy sneaking around, which just seemed laboured and too much effort.

Also loving the different bits of uniforms etc in Unity. Got Arno dressed up in a nice Green Napoleon outfit thus far.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:25 AM
Pokemon Trainer

Syndicate now out but decided to try and get through Unity after stalling early on. I think part of the problem is I was trying to play it too much like ACII. And now I have learnt a few tricks I am really enjoying it.

I still find it too easy to get spotted by guards though, and I hate the fact they can shoot at you now. It's almost impossible to attack back when you are being shot at, so often you just gotta run.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:33 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm making my way through Black Flag at the moment. Probably one of my favourites so far due to it's locations and the characters. I'm doing loads of the side missions, which I very rarely do. Probably get Rogue for Christmas and hopefully save up for a PS4 for after Christmas and get the next gen games too.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:36 PM
Pokemon Trainer

I do really enjoy Unity, but it's glitched as **** which is the biggest problem with it. So annoying when trying to run away from guards and run up a wall I don't want to. Also I have noticed a few times I knock a guard over in a fight and my instant instinct is to kill and maime him on the floor, but no matter how many times I hit stab Arno stands there and allows him to get up and hit him. So infuriating, but the game isn't as bad as people say it is.

Thus far I have played four AC games and this would be my order from best to worst.

1. Assassin's Creed II
2. Brotherhood
3. Unity
4. Assassin's Creed III

At the moment I am going around Paris finding all the view points to open up the map and trying to earn as much money as I can. I need better armour and weapons. The one map disappointment for me is that you can go anywhere in Paris which kind of defeats the object for me. With ACII in particular I liked the fact if you strayed too far you got a warning or kicked from the animus thus actually having to complete missions to unlock the map. They seem to be over simplifying the game in that sense. It's still a great shame they made such a hash of ACIII.

Last edited by Latvian Eagle; 04-11-2015 at 03:43 PM.