Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Hide and seek
He hides too well we will never find him 358 47.23%
He's great! 251 33.11%
Moo! 149 19.66%
Voters: 758. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-06-2018, 01:24 PM

The Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He has lost his mojo as well as some pace
Old 15-06-2018, 05:30 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Having failed to make the Belgium squad following the season he's had it's really a now or never season coming up for him. Only Roy can gauge whether his mental state is one that's willing to turn it around. He's had a shocker of a season but we still know full well on his day he can be a top player.

Not that it's much to go by but his Twitter suggests he wants to put things right. It's just whether Roy can get him not only up to scratch but accustomed to our style too. The two mobile forwards up top really caught teams out so it'll be interesting to see what Roy does.

Whatever happens I fully trust Roy to make the right decision along with Ray and Reid.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 15-06-2018, 06:19 AM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Hopefully the summer off will sort him out.
Old 15-06-2018, 10:11 AM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Just a coincidence probably but 80% of Benteke fans/those who want him to stay voted Leave in the EU Referendum according to latest Mori poll.
Old 15-06-2018, 11:13 AM

Location: Village of Shepherdswell, which is between Dover and Canterbury.
pots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Nice thunderbird reference.
Old 15-06-2018, 11:15 AM

Location: Village of Shepherdswell, which is between Dover and Canterbury.
pots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sorry! that reply was meant for the Fulham away discussion where Benteke scores with a Rick o'shea off his shlong.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:44 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just want to say that I love the big guy, and back him to come back firing this season!
Old 11-07-2018, 09:26 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
Just want to say that I love the big guy, and back him to come back firing this season!
Good interview with him on the website too talking about learning to play in a different way to fit into the way the manager wants to play.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:58 AM

alexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
20 Goals next season please Big Ben.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:09 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcpfc View Post
20 Goals next season please Big Ben.
I don't care what anyone says he has it in him.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:34 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Good interview with him on the website too talking about learning to play in a different way to fit into the way the manager wants to play.
Which is encouraging. But the number one thing he needs to do is learn how to shoot again. He didn't do the basics last season. He needs to restore his confidence in front of goal. Hopefully this is a fresh start for him.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:37 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
I thought he look revitalised in his interview.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:50 AM

alf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
Turn the annoying music off and watch this To view the link you have to Register or Login

the Benteke we had last season was slow in terms of running, slow to shoot, awful when shooting and was even arrogant in goal celebrations unlike the video. If Benteke plays like that for us next season we easily get top 8. He most likely wont though. Ever since he has been here he hardly scores with his feet! The first season was a good season and obviously last season was horrendous. I rate him and I like him a lot, but Id probably say if someone offers 20M then we have to take it. He should have been a very good striker for us. He should have been a poor mans Drogba. In the clips for Villa hes scoring free kicks, volleys, bicycle kicks, goals from outside the box, headers and 1 on 1s. Dont understand it
Scoring with both his right and left foot. Come on Christian show us some of that old magic this coming season. It's in their somewhere.....believe!
Old 12-07-2018, 08:29 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I thought he look revitalised in his interview.
He looked motivated and fresh, he has added new stuff to his game and I think this season we will reap the benefits.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 12-07-2018, 08:43 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Don't understand the argument he looked revitalised/ fresh in the interview. He might be but I don't know how you can see it in that video. Very little energy in him (although I think that is his personality). He did seem determined which is good but also still seemed a bit down/ regretful about last season and didn't come across as particularly confident. Clearly wants goals in pre-season in order to get that back.

That said, I do think he will get more goals this season and hopefully up his performances in general.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:51 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
I thought often in interviews last season he looked down with very little smiles and the world on his shoulders. I just thought he looked a different person, that's all. Hopefully the summer off has done him some good. Would be fantastic if he could get a goal against Fulham to kick start his season. What we don't want is another 3/4/5 games without scoring or he might go into his shell.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:58 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Don't understand the argument he looked revitalised/ fresh in the interview. He might be but I don't know how you can see it in that video. Very little energy in him (although I think that is his personality). He did seem determined which is good but also still seemed a bit down/ regretful about last season and didn't come across as particularly confident. Clearly wants goals in pre-season in order to get that back.

That said, I do think he will get more goals this season and hopefully up his performances in general.
I wasn't arguing, I was calling it as I see it.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 12-07-2018, 09:00 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
I thought often in interviews last season he looked down with very little smiles and the world on his shoulders. I just thought he looked a different person, that's all. Hopefully the summer off has done him some good. Would be fantastic if he could get a goal against Fulham to kick start his season. What we don't want is another 3/4/5 games without scoring or he might go into his shell.
Still looked quite broody/ down/ world on his shoulders to me. Spoke slowly, I didn't notice many smiles and he looked a bit depressed to me. Nothing wrong with what he said but he didn't look either up/ energised/ confident to me. I suspect only goals would bring that back and he obviously wants to start getting them soon. He already seems anxious to score in pre-season, but I would say anxious rather than confident about getting them.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:03 AM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
I wasn't arguing, I was calling it as I see it.
Maybe I should have said 'theory' rather than argument. He looked down and a bit depressed to me. Very little energy. Not much positivity, determination yes, positivity no.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 12-07-2018 at 09:06 AM.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:07 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yup, tonight is important too. It might only be Helsingor, who transfermarkt value the entire squad at a little over 4m (Puncheon, Dann, Ward, Riedewald all valued higher individually) but finding the net is finding the net.

A goal or 2 in what is likely to be at best 45 minutes tonight and then again on Monday should set him up for the tougher games in the next few weeks.

Needs to get a couple across the 3 games here to take real confidence into the season opener and i agree a goal in that, assuming he starts, and we could see a very different Benteke this season.