Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 29-01-2018, 03:52 PM

DE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Bombardier have won!!!
wow, in catch-up mode, great news.
Old 29-01-2018, 03:55 PM

dogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
If Trump creates jobs in and reduces inequality and drug dependency in those areas neglected by previous presidents he deserves some credit.
Yes - Provided those jobs are real jobs, with reasonable income, that inequality reduction is significant across the board, without a drop in living standards, and not through recalculation and that dependency reduction is achieved without manipulating stats.

Problem is, I can't really see how that's going to happen.

Presidents should be measured on real things, not the illusion of making things seem better; Creating 10,000 jobs on minimum wage isn't an achievement.

Obama just seemed like a better president than Bush because he was more eloquent, black and he knew he could always try to do 'the right thing' because the republicans would block it (like gun control).

He only looks better than he was, because the new guy is a f**king walking disaster zone with no inner monologue.

Every US president of my lifetime has been a s**t president, because they're not representing the people, but corporate interests and lobbyists. The republicans are just more honest about it.
Old 29-01-2018, 03:55 PM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgusset View Post
Bit dull on the hol now is it?
I look forward to your threads on Milo, how men are really badly treated and bleedin foreigners.
Perhaps you should go back ?

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 29-01-2018, 04:27 PM
Banned by Moderators

nickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
Perhaps you should go back ?
Alas I'm confined to chatting with the likes of you until Armageddon.
If you’re on the left, disagree all you want, but for feck’s sake try to find it in your hearts to treat each other with a modicum of respect and refrain from vile personal abuse. If you’re on the right… just try to find your hearts. And good luck with that.
Old 29-01-2018, 05:04 PM

redsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Bush was incompetent but provided the puppet on a string and Obama would have made a brilliant game show host. Clinton would be wonderful in a circus spinning plates. No wonder Trump was elected I think we are all tired of pretty politics and game players. What was needed is a game changer and by golly we now have one. But.....it won't be pretty for the moonbats.
Old 29-01-2018, 06:10 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Would have been interesting to see what Obama could have achieved with both houses behind him, and also interesting to see how little Trump can do with both houses behind him
Old 29-01-2018, 06:46 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox View Post
Bush was incompetent but provided the puppet on a string and Obama would have made a brilliant game show host. Clinton would be wonderful in a circus spinning plates. No wonder Trump was elected I think we are all tired of pretty politics and game players. What was needed is a game changer and by golly we now have one. But.....it won't be pretty for the moonbats.
Incompetent? Bush created ISIS. And on what grounds? Invading Iraq even though the 9/11 lot came from Saudi. Incompetent hardly covers it. Trump is a prick, end of. May as well have Don King as President.
Old 29-01-2018, 06:48 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
I am amazed at the hatred aimed at Obama. He inherited a total disaster zone from the Republicans. He did pretty well considering a large band of republicans sole aim was to block legislation, no matter what the cost to the country.
Old 29-01-2018, 06:49 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Agreed

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 29-01-2018, 06:58 PM

redsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Same thing is going on today
Old 29-01-2018, 07:37 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
I am amazed at the hatred aimed at Obama. He inherited a total disaster zone from the Republicans. He did pretty well considering a large band of republicans sole aim was to block legislation, no matter what the cost to the country.
I like Obama, and thought he did a pretty decent job, but for every legislation blocking republican is an executive order. Congressional opposition is fairly common for presidents - did Obama suffer any more than anyone else?

His biggest criticisms always stemmed from the half arsed universal health care, which was really Hillary's attempt at securing a legacy more than him.
Old 29-01-2018, 07:39 PM
Banned by Moderators

Stirlingsays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStirlingsays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStirlingsays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStirlingsays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStirlingsays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStirlingsays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStirlingsays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStirlingsays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStirlingsays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStirlingsays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStirlingsays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Incompetent? Bush created ISIS. And on what grounds? Invading Iraq even though the 9/11 lot came from Saudi. Incompetent hardly covers it. Trump is a prick, end of. May as well have Don King as President.
Its disingenuous to say Bush created Islamic State. While it's certainly true that he intended to pull troops out he never actually implemented the full withdrawal that enabled IS to grow.

That decision and action was undertaken by Obama. A policy of withdrawal he regularly announced he was going to do during his election campaign. This was popular...especially with those that practice short term thinking..... but it was naivete and ultimately the responsibility of Obama.....as IS grew powerful under his watch.

Last edited by Stirlingsays; 29-01-2018 at 07:41 PM.
Old 29-01-2018, 07:40 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirlingsays View Post
It's a forum post not the Magna Carta......are you trying to pass some small minded critic exam or something?
Well I did critique a small minded post I suppose.
Old 29-01-2018, 07:42 PM

wavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I think this link shows the far more honest and less biased reality of where most people in the US are with the ACA.

Like I said....and for obvious reasons, it depends upon how it affects you.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
From your own link over two thirds of Americans want to keep Obamacare.

It's more expensive than most would like but it's certainly not death spiraling as the GOP like to claim and for many Americans it's a life line. With a bipartisan push and additional regulations the uptake could be improved reducing the premiums.

To blame its shortcomings on Obama would be very one-eyed.
Old 29-01-2018, 08:13 PM
Banned by Moderators

Stirlingsays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStirlingsays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStirlingsays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStirlingsays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStirlingsays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStirlingsays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStirlingsays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStirlingsays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStirlingsays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStirlingsays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStirlingsays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavey View Post
From your own link over two thirds of Americans want to keep Obamacare.

It's more expensive than most would like but it's certainly not death spiraling as the GOP like to claim and for many Americans it's a life line. With a bipartisan push and additional regulations the uptake could be improved reducing the premiums.

To blame its shortcomings on Obama would be very one-eyed.
I think it's fair to say the ACA isn't as unpopular as I initially thought.....though it's not as popular as you claim either. You write statements that ignore the fact that it's definitely unpopular with those who are actually footing its bill.

Personally I'm a supporter of a variant of a single payer system. So I'm a democrat on this issue......However, what Obama did was start the initial move towards a fairer system....But it doesn't actually work properly with their current large private health sector.

So.....it isn't a good system....A system implemented before the structural systems are there to support it......but it was a stumble in the right direction.
Old 29-01-2018, 10:03 PM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Presidents can be judged upon two things.....the touchy feely stuff of public relations....which is mostly fluff....and the serious judgement of how much of their programme they can get through and what the effect of it is......personally I think that once a president is elected that they should be allowed to get most of their programmes through....that way they can be properly judged and the country isn't in lame duck land....something Obama suffered so much of he could have changed his name to Donald and started quacking.

Apart from his affable nature and ability to tell jokes I disliked or shrugged about lots of what Obama did.....he was awful on foreign policy....allowed IS to grow and become a real problem......poor for his country on trade.....did what was unfortunately probably necessary to stabilize the economy......tried with the healthcare system.....all in all...not a good president.

If it's any consolation the US hasn't had a good president in my lifetime....globalization has been screwing them in the arse for decades......Kennedy was looking good but he was before my time......he probably screwed as many things in the arse as he could while he was there before he got screwed in the head himself.
Well America gave him a second term. Will Trump get one?
Old 29-01-2018, 10:06 PM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Its disingenuous to say Bush created Islamic State. While it's certainly true that he intended to pull troops out he never actually implemented the full withdrawal that enabled IS to grow.

That decision and action was undertaken by Obama. A policy of withdrawal he regularly announced he was going to do during his election campaign. This was popular...especially with those that practice short term thinking..... but it was naivete and ultimately the responsibility of Obama.....as IS grew powerful under his watch.
ISIS ruled and grew in an Iraq weakened by Bush and Blair's joint misjudgements.
Old 29-01-2018, 10:15 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Yes.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 29-01-2018, 10:16 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
Well America gave him a second term. Will Trump get one?
Mmmm....predictions are a little bit of a stretch in politics....but hey.

Well he's one year into his term I think it's a little early to gauge how successful he will be with the economy over his term......which is essentially why he was elected. All the hyperbolic 'literally shaking' reactions from the lefty type US media only play with their base...if anything it alienates the people the democrats want to get out if they want to ensure they can beat Trump.

If Trump can raise the prospects of the poorer voters who voted him in he properly has a good chance.....though it depends upon his democratic opponent obviously.

The Democrats with their intersectionally and militant feminism and the republicans with.....well Trump are both very divisive camps right now.
Old 29-01-2018, 10:17 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
ISIS ruled and grew in an Iraq weakened by Bush and Blair's joint misjudgements.
I'm not going to defend the Bush handling of the Iraq war.

I wasn't against it as a concept but I was against its handling.