Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 19-01-2018, 04:10 PM

Lords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
British Gas Homecare

Just had the renewal come through on my British Gas homecare. Now on the web site the most expensive cover (homecare 4) is advertised at £20.50 per month. My renewal has just come through at £511.30 which works out at £42.58 per month and I am being told that this is because the prices on the website are for new customers only. Am I alone in thinking this is outrageous, over twice the price of what's on the website? Just been in touch with BG and they are going to look at the prices and give me a call back in 48 hours. Sorry bit of a rant, but anybody thinking of taking out a BG homecare policy please note that your subsequent years will take a flying leap in price.

I must admit that something in the back of my mind says that this is not allowed but I may be wrong there.
Old 19-01-2018, 04:39 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Why not let your policy lapse for a day, and then become a new customer?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 19-01-2018, 04:42 PM

Stonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just tell them you are going with some other company.
I do this with Green flag for beak down cover and they always reduce the price to the new costumer price!
Old 19-01-2018, 04:43 PM
Hello Everyone

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lords Eagle View Post
Just had the renewal come through on my British Gas homecare. Now on the web site the most expensive cover (homecare 4) is advertised at £20.50 per month. My renewal has just come through at £511.30 which works out at £42.58 per month and I am being told that this is because the prices on the .............
Go somewhere else, British Gas always seem to be at the top when it comes to charges.
Old 19-01-2018, 04:54 PM

Polak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Just had the renewal come through on my British Gas homecare. Now on the web site the most expensive cover (homecare 4) is advertised at £20.50 per month. My renewal has just come through at £511.30 which works out at £42.58 per month and I am being told that this is because the prices on the website are for new customers only. Am I alone in thinking this is outrageous, over twice the price of what's on the website? Just been in touch with BG and they are going to look at the prices and give me a call back in 48 hours. Sorry bit of a rant, but anybody thinking of taking out a BG homecare policy please note that your subsequent years will take a flying leap in price.

I must admit that something in the back of my mind says that this is not allowed but I may be wrong there.
I was in the bank a while and a woman was venting at the cashier about wanting to cancel her direct debit with British Gas for the same reason as you. She phoned British Gas and complained. They said that they'd reduce the price but she told them to jog on. I phoned a mobile phone provider about upgrades and they gave me a fairly shoddy choice. I went with someone else and then phoned them for my puk code. Lo and behold their choice of phones improved dramatically but I said too late. Why do they bother with all of this shit? They'd keep more satisfied customers.
Old 19-01-2018, 05:00 PM

dowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is here
Don't know if this might help you, Corgi HomePlan are doing a deal at the moment. For the highest level of policy, £19 A month. I received a flyer from them this morning. 0800 032 2879
Old 19-01-2018, 08:29 PM

Tim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Go somewhere else, British Gas always seem to be at the top when it comes to charges.
They have always negotiated when I spoke to them and the service for what was Homecare 400 has been excellent
Old 19-01-2018, 08:31 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
I received a renewal letter telling me the price was rising from around £25 to £30 a month. The boiling frog strategy.
Old 19-01-2018, 08:41 PM

palacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How do home serve compare ? To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 19-01-2018, 08:47 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak View Post
I was in the bank a while and a woman was venting at the cashier about wanting to cancel her direct debit with British Gas for the same reason as you. She phoned British Gas and complained. They said that they'd reduce the price but she told them to jog on. I phoned a mobile phone provider about upgrades and they gave me a fairly shoddy choice. I went with someone else and then phoned them for my puk code. Lo and behold their choice of phones improved dramatically but I said too late. Why do they bother with all of this shit? They'd keep more satisfied customers.
Yeah, they just play on the probability that a lot of people canít be bothered to play the game and switch every two years to get the best deal, and rip them off as much as possible.

So you get this two tier system where new customers pay £20 for a £30 service and existing ones pay £40 to compensate.
Old 19-01-2018, 10:45 PM

Lords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Why not let your policy lapse for a day, and then become a new customer?
If you lapse you can't take out another policy for 3 months apparently, I did suggest that to them!
Old 19-01-2018, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowieslovechild View Post
Don't know if this might help you, Corgi HomePlan are doing a deal at the moment. For the highest level of policy, £19 A month. I received a flyer from them this morning. 0800 032 2879
Thanks I will take a look at that!
Old 19-01-2018, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim of the 80's View Post
They have always negotiated when I spoke to them and the service for what was Homecare 400 has been excellent
They're supposed to be coming back to me with another price so let's see what they come up with
Old 19-01-2018, 11:45 PM

vitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I wouldnít bother with them. I had Homecare 400 or something for years, price kept creeping up year on year, got to £36.00 per month eventually. Called them out last year for a problem on the boiler, the engineer walks in doesnít even take the cover off the boiler, looks at it, literally from 2 metres away and says itís not covered? Why? Because itís full of sludge!

Told him to leave because I was fuming mad. Complained. After about 4 days they agreed to fix it apologised, compensated me, agreed to reduce the monthly payments. I wonít bore you with the detail but basically ever reason under the sun came out not to fix it! 2 months later contract is due renewal, price per month goes up to more than I was paying originally. Binned them found a decent local heating engineer. Never had a problem with the boiler since.

Have you ever watched them do an annual service? They poke around a bit and look busy checking for any dust etc.... stick a carbon monoxide probe in the flue and if you have a filter on the heating pipe work clean that out. A decent plumber would charge you £60 for a service. Why would I pay £400+ a year for the same thing?
Old 20-01-2018, 09:07 AM
I am a BAD MAN

RazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
If you lapse you can't take out another policy for 3 months apparently, I did suggest that to them!
if your's lapses and you take a new one in your Mrs's name will she be considered new customer? just a thought
Old 20-01-2018, 09:50 AM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
In my old place have to say they were great. Had them out about 20 times and they always sorted the issue out (it was an old place and the boiler and a lot of stuff needed replacing).

If you haggle with them they will almost always go down to the best deal. Same with broadband, cable companies etc
Old 20-01-2018, 11:45 AM
Hello Everyone

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim of the 80's View Post
Dunno, I'm with an outfit called 247 and I'm paying half what the OP is paying.
Old 20-01-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
if your's lapses and you take a new one in your Mrs's name will she be considered new customer? just a thought
It's actually in my wife's name at present so I guess I could just apply in mine (unless they do it by household)
Old 20-01-2018, 12:20 PM

The Ferret was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsThe Ferret was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsThe Ferret was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsThe Ferret was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsThe Ferret was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsThe Ferret was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsThe Ferret was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsThe Ferret was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsThe Ferret was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsThe Ferret was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsThe Ferret was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowieslovechild View Post
I was looking at this but I thought there was a $50 excess - I was going to phone and find out when the excess kicks in.
Old 20-01-2018, 01:40 PM

Tim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
I wouldnít bother with them. I had Homecare 400 or something for years, price kept creeping up year on year, got to £36.00 per month eventually. Called them out last year for a problem on the boiler, the engineer walks in doesnít even take the cover off the boiler, looks at it, literally from 2 metres away and says itís not covered? Why? Because itís full of sludge!

Told him to leave because I was fuming mad. Complained. After about 4 days they agreed to fix it apologised, compensated me, agreed to reduce the monthly payments. I wonít bore you with the detail but basically ever reason under the sun came out not to fix it! 2 months later contract is due renewal, price per month goes up to more than I was paying originally. Binned them found a decent local heating engineer. Never had a problem with the boiler since.

Have you ever watched them do an annual service? They poke around a bit and look busy checking for any dust etc.... stick a carbon monoxide probe in the flue and if you have a filter on the heating pipe work clean that out. A decent plumber would charge you £60 for a service. Why would I pay £400+ a year for the same thing?
My experience is vastly different to yours. I've had them out 3 times in the last 3 months which is probably around the same as what the annual callout would be. They fixed the macerator which isn't covered. The policy covers all electrical, plumbing, gas and drains. I think it's excellent value. There are cheaper services, but check out who the work is outsourced to before signing up.