Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 23-07-2012, 10:05 AM
Exiled in the North

CPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
So..... Flash doesn't work anymore. Did everyone else know that was going to happen? Is there a way to watch videos on sites like BBC Sport?

Xbox - FlatDan3
Old 23-07-2012, 10:12 AM
I belong to Yo.

squelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yeah, Adobe dropped support of Flash on mobile devices from Android 4.1 onwards.

Pretty much have Apple to thank for that. But I think there is a new way which they are going to use and even Apple will...Called Adobe AIR or something.

Or just use HTML 5.
Old 23-07-2012, 10:16 AM
Exiled in the North

CPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yer I've just been updated to 4.1. How does one use HTML5?

Xbox - FlatDan3
Old 23-07-2012, 10:36 AM
I belong to Yo.

squelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_R_GREAT
Yer I've just been updated to 4.1. How does one use HTML5?
I think it should be ready to use already...I guess it depends on what it is supported by atm.
Old 23-07-2012, 10:40 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
HTML 5 is used at the website end not by you.

For example if you view embedded iPad videos on the BBS, that is HTML 5, if you used the bbc iPad apps, they are showing the the videos in HTML 5
Old 26-07-2012, 03:49 PM

gingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I have just got the s3 and just getting used to it as at the moment the buttons are not where I am instinctively going for as I have had HTC until now.
First impressions are good though.
Old 28-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Hardly a comprehensive field trial.

Everyone I know who has one is evangelical about how cool they are.
Saw this one in use yesterday and 'cool' certainly wasn't the description that first sprung to mind.

Old 28-07-2012, 06:11 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle
Saw this one in use yesterday and 'cool' certainly wasn't the description that first sprung to mind.

Well the thing is this.

Voice minutes on all networks are plummeting. There is double digit decline yoy.

So yeah, you might feel a bit weird calling on a note but I would wager if you have a note, phone calls make up a tiny minority of the usage for most people.

Also, the case.
Old 28-07-2012, 07:29 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Voice minutes on all networks are plummeting. There is double digit decline yoy.
Its only land lines that have experienced double digit decline according to Ofcom. Their figures show mobile usage fell from 125 billion minutes to 124 billion minutes last year, a reduction agreed, but under 1% not a double digit fall.

Have I missed something?
Old 28-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

The figures I have are not ofcom - will dig them out but yeah mobile minutes are declining
Old 28-07-2012, 09:02 PM
Brahms and List

Ant.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is here
It's good to text.

Bob Hoskins sent me that.
Old 28-07-2012, 09:04 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Yes, txt is what is replacing calling
Old 01-08-2012, 08:58 AM

Simon Sledger belongs to OllieSimon Sledger belongs to OllieSimon Sledger belongs to OllieSimon Sledger belongs to OllieSimon Sledger belongs to OllieSimon Sledger belongs to OllieSimon Sledger belongs to OllieSimon Sledger belongs to OllieSimon Sledger belongs to OllieSimon Sledger belongs to OllieSimon Sledger belongs to Ollie
Has anyone sold a HTC desire lately, and if so how much did you get for it?

Last edited by Simon Sledger; 01-08-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Just got a Samsung Galaxy S III

I'm lost LOL but will get used to it..Lots of stuff on it.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle

Odd case.

Yes, it's a little large for calling. But I do relatively little of that, and a lot of emailing, gtalk and browsing. So it's utterly awesome having such a lovely, big screen.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/will-swain
Old 01-08-2012, 03:55 PM
Palace Addict

trufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Sledger
Has anyone sold a HTC desire lately, and if so how much did you get for it?

Got £50 from Orange Recyling for mine, if that helps. Was in tip-top condition, though.

Replaced it with a Galaxy SIII, which is truly excellent.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Yearning for Buckeye Road

Mad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I hope some techno whizz out there can help.Got the S3 but really struggling to set my own ring tone as a text message alert,anyone cracked this yet?
Old 02-08-2012, 03:11 PM
I belong to Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max
I hope some techno whizz out there can help.Got the S3 but really struggling to set my own ring tone as a text message alert,anyone cracked this yet?
Click on 'Messaging' and press the menu button - Click on 'Settings' and scroll right to the bottom and it should be there.

Beforehand you might need to use your 'my files' app and copy the ringtone you want to use into your Notifications folder.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:22 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
thats my one gripe with the S3 the stock ringtones and message tones are bloody atrocious
Old 02-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Yearning for Buckeye Road

Mad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Ok,in the end I downloaded Zedge,somehow then downloaded car alarm and as you said clicked on messages>settings>ringtone and car alarm was there.