Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-02-2017, 10:39 AM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It does need a rethink by SA on what system we play especially at home, also at times away when we need to claw a game back like yesterday. At present we are far too negative and when we fall behind seem unable to get back in the game in upping the attacking tempo with constructive play.
We have now reached a stage in the season when there is no return if we don't get results against lesser teams as we have let far too many points slip away already against the lower teams. Surely as an experienced manager Sam is aware of what is needed in certain situations and not just talk about it, yesterday summed it up perfectly, when chasing a result why was Remy NOT sent on to give us that extra punch upfront? instead we continued to struggle to string together any true attacking moves and posed no real goal threat.
We need to now have a plan of action when playing "lesser" teams especially at home but also away and start to take the game to the opposition more, as without question we WILL need another 14 points as a minimum for safety, a big ask. To try to achieve that I would like to see us play against the "lower" teams for the remainder of the season 3-4-3 both at home and away, and 4-1-4-1 when playing the "better" sides to try to squeeze a point. In my opinion we now have players to play a more varied system if need be, with the added advantage of a strong bench to change things if need be. This is what i would like to see as a "home" team.

-----------------------------------Mandanda----------------------------------------

-------------------Tomkins-----------Dann------------------Sakho--------------------

-------------Zaha-----------Cabaye---------Luka---------Van Arnholt-----------

---------Remy-------------------Benteke------------------Schlupp---------
Old 12-02-2017, 10:49 AM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal clubber View Post
You think boro are coming for a draw?
LOL your right just like Sunderland did.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:52 AM

M3 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM3 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM3 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM3 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM3 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM3 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM3 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM3 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM3 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM3 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineM3 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Biggest change we could make, and the best one, would be to get Allardyce out.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:54 AM
Future Addict

squelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I fully expect Delaney to start despite having Sakho on the bench. Looks a pointless loan atm.
Puncheon will start with Benteke alone.

Allardyce is useless. Never thought I'd start feeling jealous of Hull. They've looked decent since the new bloke came in.

https://twitter.com/DanSquelchy Follow me!
Old 12-02-2017, 10:56 AM

melteagle is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet covermelteagle is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet covermelteagle is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet covermelteagle is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet covermelteagle is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet covermelteagle is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet covermelteagle is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet covermelteagle is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet covermelteagle is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet covermelteagle is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet covermelteagle is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet cover
Boro will have nothing to fear at Selhurst and will simply bypass our midfield expose our chronic defence and pop in three goals
Old 12-02-2017, 11:00 AM

aashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
This should be played like its a cup final, anything less than a win would almost see us down
Ha ha. Because we're so good at winning cup finals
Old 12-02-2017, 11:00 AM

aashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
It does need a rethink by SA on what system we play especially at home, also at times away when we need to claw a game back like yesterday. At present we are far too negative and when we fall behind seem unable to get back in the game in upping the attacking tempo with constructive play.
We have now reached a stage in the season when there is no return if we don't get results against lesser teams as we have let far too many points slip away already against the lower teams. Surely as an experienced manager Sam is aware of what is needed in certain situations and not just talk about it, yesterday summed it up perfectly, when chasing a result why was Remy NOT sent on to give us that extra punch upfront? instead we continued to struggle to string together any true attacking moves and posed no real goal threat.
We need to now have a plan of action when playing "lesser" teams especially at home but also away and start to take the game to the opposition more, as without question we WILL need another 14 points as a minimum for safety, a big ask. To try to achieve that I would like to see us play against the "lower" teams for the remainder of the season 3-4-3 both at home and away, and 4-1-4-1 when playing the "better" sides to try to squeeze a point. In my opinion we now have players to play a more varied system if need be, with the added advantage of a strong bench to change things if need be. This is what i would like to see as a "home" team.

-----------------------------------Mandanda----------------------------------------

-------------------Tomkins-----------Dann------------------Sakho--------------------

-------------Zaha-----------Cabaye---------Luka---------Van Arnholt-----------

---------Remy-------------------Benteke------------------Schlupp---------
Zaha at wing back, brilliant.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:04 AM

16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
----------Mandanda-------
Ward---Dann-Sakho---PVA
Zaha-Cabaye-McCaurth-schlup
-------------Remy-------------
------------Benteke------------

I think players should go away have a rest, need to regroup. As some said they look like they are arguing within, can't have this must stick together.

Team above would murder Boro"
Old 12-02-2017, 11:07 AM

FMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just play a totally different team from the one that has lost all confidence and conviction.
Play Mandanda or Speroni, Schlupp,PVA, Sakho, Luka, Remy ( however "match-fit" any of them are) and add five of the previous . New faces , untarnished by the previous 13 months is what is needed.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:47 AM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by aashman12 View Post
What makes you think just because he is shown in that position he is played as a wing back? he could be used in a free role. We have used negative tactics to date and where has that got us? how do you see us getting the additional minimum of 14 points that possibly will be needed to avoid relegation.
As i mentioned this is a "home" formation playing against the "lower" teams that we need to beat as we are more or less at the point of no return as WINS are needed if we are to survive.
I agree it is not the best balanced formation i would like to see, but needs must sometimes and risks have to be taken, but having a strong bench allows for changes if need be.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:50 AM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMH57 View Post
Just play a totally different team from the one that has lost all confidence and conviction.
Play Mandanda or Speroni, Schlupp,PVA, Sakho, Luka, Remy ( however "match-fit" any of them are) and add five of the previous . New faces , untarnished by the previous 13 months is what is needed.

Spot on.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:52 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick View Post
A point is no good anymore need to attack them from the off,but no doubt allardyce will try and grind out a 0.0 again
Agree clean sheets no good if we're only drawing we need back to back 3 points end of.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:54 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
You do realise before his international break he was our best full back and winger.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:02 PM
Probationary User

Sikemutherland is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Sikemutherland is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Sikemutherland is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Sikemutherland is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Sikemutherland is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Sikemutherland is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Sikemutherland is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Sikemutherland is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Sikemutherland is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Sikemutherland is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Sikemutherland is singing out of tune but the beat's in time
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
No doubt with Bamford scoring the winner

That's almost inevitable knowing us at the moment!
Old 12-02-2017, 12:28 PM

aj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16eagles View Post
----------Mandanda-------
Ward---Dann-Sakho---PVA
Zaha-Cabaye-McCaurth-schlup
-------------Remy-------------
------------Benteke------------

I think players should go away have a rest, need to regroup. As some said they look like they are arguing within, can't have this must stick together.

Team above would murder Boro"
Good possibility but Tompkins for ward.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:29 PM
Perfetic

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
If Allardyce picks Ward and Puncheon for Middlesbrough he must be on a rag up
Old 12-02-2017, 12:30 PM

aj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Might not be as daft as it sounds if we are 3 up after 20 min!
Old 12-02-2017, 12:31 PM

salad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodger View Post
LOL your right just like Sunderland did.
Sunderland are a more attacking side

Boro have played the whole season defensively and won't change now
Old 12-02-2017, 12:34 PM

salad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMH57 View Post
That's the sort of change we need

But we also need to change the style and approach

In this must win game we need to press from the front and really go for them
Old 12-02-2017, 12:40 PM
AWM V 42 124

Brumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkymunky View Post
Fans slate Pardew for always going for the win...

Fans slate BFS for going for the draw
This place is laughable, all the things being said against Pardew is now being said against BFS. The only common denominator is the players. Let hope the new blood can change things round.

Watching Middlesbrough highlights last night we'll have no chance against them playing for a draw at home. We don't seem to have the fight at the moment. Can't wait for us to play the big boys and the unwinnable games again because knowing us we'll win.