Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 13-02-2017, 11:51 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Just looked at the table and seen that only Chelsea,Spurs and Man Utd have conceded less goals than Boro this season .

Lets hope they do come for a draw otherwise chalk up another defeat !!
Old 13-02-2017, 12:38 PM

aj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Need to shoot from distance . Not our strength but get some practice in boys ! It only takes a deflection
Old 13-02-2017, 01:20 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJDawg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJDawg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJDawg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJDawg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJDawg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJDawg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJDawg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJDawg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJDawg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJDawg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I sincerely hope we don't just go with the same again. This was Pardew's error. Persist with something not working.

To my untrained eye it would seem that the escape artists of the past few seasons have relied on one or two players and their scoring/defending attributes are what kept the team up. Perhaps a generalisation but Huth's introduction into Leicester seemed to galvanise them and Vardy also found his shooting boots. Equally Kone and Defoe at Sunderland seemed to do the trick here.

So what do we have? Rather than obsessing about the defence to me the issue is getting Sakho fit and involved and Milevojovic bedded in. Steeeve needs to get well this week. Thems the bets so at this point, the defence will have to take care of itself.

Then it comes down to scoring. If Benteke is to live up to his price tag and billing then its either down to him or perhaps Remy (or both). If the persistent issue is supply then the bulk of the time left needs to be devoted on how to get the ball to Benteke/Remy in a way that they can use it - i.e play to their strengths as it's now way too late to get them to change to fit the team. With Zaha, Townsend, Schlupp and PVA we have more than enough wide attacking options. That leaves MacArthur, a Cabaye playing further forward and Puncheon through the middle. I know we've been saying this all season but surely this should be enough. These are good players.

So pick the players to build the team around and get the team formed up accordingly. As it is more of the same means that we're going down so what have we got to lose? If the strikers get some service and start scoring you never know.

Last edited by JDawg; 13-02-2017 at 01:23 PM.
Old 13-02-2017, 01:39 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Need to shoot from distance . Not our strength but get some practice in boys ! It only takes a deflection
Need to shoot . Full stop .
Old 13-02-2017, 07:39 PM

16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Good possibility but Tompkins for ward.
Sorry mate I cannot stand him, for me has been biggest waste of money and root to many problems. Needs dropping.
Old 13-02-2017, 09:37 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
What we often lack is someone running from deep. All our midfielders are incapable of doing this - they go backward and sideways. I think playing Remy off Benteke would be a big help. We simply cannot start with the same shit central midfield. There is zero creativity in it.
Old 13-02-2017, 09:50 PM
Oh No!

AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16eagles View Post
Sorry mate I cannot stand him, for me has been biggest waste of money and root to many problems. Needs dropping.
He seems a decent footballer, but i agree that he is a crap player. Looks like he is going to shit himself everytime he gets the ball.
Old 13-02-2017, 09:57 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
What we often lack is someone running from deep. All our midfielders are incapable of doing this - they go backward and sideways. I think playing Remy off Benteke would be a big help. We simply cannot start with the same shit central midfield. There is zero creativity in it.
Watching a few of the teams around us this weekend I notice a lot of the teams have midfielders running from deep. As you say we seem incapable of this we lump the ball up to Benteke who has sod all around him most of the time. Home to Boro we don't need Puncheon or A N Other sitting deep if Luka plays
Old 13-02-2017, 10:00 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gav View Post
Watching a few of the teams around us this weekend I notice a lot of the teams have midfielders running from deep. As you say we seem incapable of this we lump the ball up to Benteke who has sod all around him most of the time. Home to Boro we don't need Puncheon or A N Other sitting deep if Luka plays
It really baffles me. Benteke never has any support and no one gets near him. Weird tactics. We desperately needed a No 10 if we were to stick with 4-2-3-1. As we haven't got one I think we need to go 4-4-2, especially at home.
Old 13-02-2017, 10:21 PM

Cpfcbob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcbob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcbob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcbob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcbob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcbob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcbob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcbob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcbob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcbob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcbob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
play Zaha as a number 10, will confuse the hell out of boro
Old 13-02-2017, 10:32 PM

rambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Good possibility but Tompkins for ward.
TOMKINS & Ward,Play with 3 Centre-Backs,James Tomkins,Scott Dann & Mamadou Sakho.
Old 13-02-2017, 10:34 PM

rambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
It really baffles me. Benteke never has any support and no one gets near him. Weird tactics. We desperately needed a No 10 if we were to stick with 4-2-3-1. As we haven't got one I think we need to go 4-4-2, especially at home.
Play Loic Remy,as a No.10,Behind Christian Benteke.
Old 13-02-2017, 10:43 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:

Oh for a Ross Barclay type player ....just what this team needs.
Old 13-02-2017, 11:14 PM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

This should be one of our tactics to break them down. They defend deep. Valdes isn't as good as his name suggests. Crosses cause hmm problems too

On iTunes under DGFootball on iTunes Podcast App or here https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...125711476?mt=2

Also on ACAST too:
https://www.acast.com/dgfootball
Old 13-02-2017, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1 View Post
Play Loic Remy,as a No.10,Behind Christian Benteke.
That's our best option.
Old 13-02-2017, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
We can but dream. I think it's been a bigger missing piece of the jigsaw than even a left back was.
Old 13-02-2017, 11:17 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Remy has to play from now on we needs wins especially against the teams in and around us. We cannot afford draws anymore
Old 13-02-2017, 11:20 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
We can't afford him now.
Old 13-02-2017, 11:29 PM

Maidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Some great posts just shows how deep in people's hearts football and more CPFC are.

We have 5 what should be winnable games at home.

BUT I fear if we concede first.

This is not a squad that should go down but it has happened before - there are no givens here.

My instinct says play 1 up top with someone mobile and quick behind.

Could be Zaha or Remy.

Good thing is we have 2 weeks to work on shape and tactics.

Here's hoping !!!!!!!!!
Old 13-02-2017, 11:58 PM

macstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
the build up is always so slow..... some balls behind for benteke to run onto would be could.... preferably through the defence rather than hoofed over it.