Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 05-03-2018, 03:40 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace121 View Post

When it got to round 10, I was so frustrated that Ortiz didn't just stay out of reach as I thought Wilder could only possibly win by knockout. Now I get why he continued to trade.
Agreed. Did they call the early slip a knock down? That would be two 10-8 rounds that would explain it a bit.

In other news Takam v Chisora is under negotiation. Poor old Dereck, that is a bloody tough fight.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:41 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payroll Legend View Post
I think Brook might be on the slide. 2 tough fights and both losses. I donít like the jump in weight either, often feels like a bit of a concession with older fighters.

Big waste of talent really
Dont think he beat much but he might light work of that and looked sharp in the process
Old 05-03-2018, 03:48 PM

Stinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeo View Post
I was impressed by Wilder's movement, much better than Joshua's, but if he is that negative early against Joshua surely he'd be caught first.
Really? From a technical standpoint is footwork is awful. His balance is awful and can't position himself properly.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:21 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Michael Benson (@MichaelBensonn) tweeted at 9:09 p.m. on Mon, Mar 05, 2018:
FULL statement on Canelo's positive clenbuterol test from Golden Boy: To view the link you have to Register or Login
(To view the link you have to Register or Login)

Boxing stinks.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:49 AM
YOU SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME

vegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As unnatural as Wilder is nobody was doing that to Ortiz who while old is a really decent fight , his Cuban amateur record alone is excellent.
If AJ deals with Parker that fight HAS to be made next.
I just think his speed and the crazy angles he throws will be unlike anything he has dealt with.
If Hearn doesnít make that next I will be fuming.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:01 AM
YOU SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME

vegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post
Really? From a technical standpoint is footwork is awful. His balance is awful and can't position himself properly.

I sort of agree with him. Obviously his footwork is shocking , and it is so evident that he had a limited amateur career which would have ironed most of that out, but he said his movement , which is fantastic. The guy is fast and can really switch through the gears and can fight at pace which nobody else can do in this division!
Old 06-03-2018, 08:06 AM
YOU SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
Michael Benson (@MichaelBensonn) tweeted at 9:09 p.m. on Mon, Mar 05, 2018:
FULL statement on Canelo's positive clenbuterol test from Golden Boy: To view the link you have to Register or Login
(To view the link you have to Register or Login)

Boxing stinks.

It really does mate. Meat contamination???? Give me a break. It makes me sick. I hope GGG does a number on him. This sport is dangerous enough as it is.
Old 06-03-2018, 10:37 PM
Eagles - CPFC & Philly

ardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Not from a technical stand point no, but just in terms of speed, some of his movement out of trouble was really quick for a big guy. Just reminded me a bit of Wlad when he fought Haye and was so good at getting away from Haye. In comparison the likes of Joshua and Fury are far more plodding with their movement.

BBS competitive honours:
Fantasy NFL Keeper League Champion 2011/12, 2012/13
Tour de France Velogames wooden spoon 2012
Fantasy NFL League Champion 2009/10, Runner Up 2010/11
Formula 1 Prediction League Champion 2010
Betting Masters Champions League Cup Runner Up 2009/10
Old 07-03-2018, 07:50 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas78 View Post
As unnatural as Wilder is nobody was doing that to Ortiz who while old is a really decent fight , his Cuban amateur record alone is excellent.
If AJ deals with Parker that fight HAS to be made next.
I just think his speed and the crazy angles he throws will be unlike anything he has dealt with.
If Hearn doesnít make that next I will be fuming.
I hope it gets made but I am not convinced AJ does want it. I know for example friends like Bellew have said to him that they feel Wilder is all wrong for him. The fight now also has to be in vegas to make the most money it can make. Perhaps if I was Joshua I would want to fight in america once before taking on Wilder there. Get familiar with the difference.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:11 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas78 View Post
It really does mate. Meat contamination???? Give me a break. It makes me sick. I hope GGG does a number on him. This sport is dangerous enough as it is.
I was reading into this a bit and i noticed a story about the under 17's world cup when it was held in mexico. Players from 19 of the 24 teams tested positive for clenbuterol. One of the teams that didn't return any positive tests was on a meat free diet.

The levels found in canelo's voluntary samples were consistent with the levels you would expect from "meat contamination" (which of course is a slightly misleading way to put it really). Now don't get me wrong there is also a big part of me that thinks if you are preparing for a fight of this magnitude you would be aware of this risk and ensure you are only eating meat you are 100% sure of. It's not like cost is a factor.

One of those things we will never know i guess. Albeit drug use is clearly way more prevalent in boxing than the numbers caught suggest. I have noticed more and more that the outrage is primarily based on how much more dangerous this could make the sport for fighters coming up against people that have used steroids. I have a certain amount of sympathy for this kind of logic but presumably there is every chance it makes hardly any difference to how dangerous boxing is.

In reality it seems easier to catch people contracted to the likes of UFC. So if all these outraged people in boxing are really bothered about the extra danger this creates. Then perhaps something should be done to reduce the number of governing bodies, reduce the influence of match making by spiv promotors, with only money on their mind. Actually have testing programs for all people contracted to the boxing equivalent of the UFC. Until that time i think there is an element of inevitability in a sport driven by greed and self interest. On that basis as bad as it sounds, I can see myself not really minding if they are using performance enhancing drugs. It's a dirty game after all.

(Imagine if they were cheating and using other peoples piss from his entourage and they tested positive by contaminated meat )

Last edited by scro; 07-03-2018 at 08:15 AM.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:22 AM

Stinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
I hope it gets made but I am not convinced AJ does want it. I know for example friends like Bellew have said to him that they feel Wilder is all wrong for him. The fight now also has to be in vegas to make the most money it can make. Perhaps if I was Joshua I would want to fight in america once before taking on Wilder there. Get familiar with the difference.
Not sure where you get that idea from, if anything it is Wilder who doesn't want it and is just using Joshua's name to build some hype. Wilder said in December ĒIt will be 50-50 or else we donít see a fight,Ē said Wilder to ESPN.com. ďIf they want to use splits, not to make a fight happen, then so be it. It is not like I am asking for more, Iím saying this is a 50-50 fight and thatís how it is.

You wouldn't make a statement like that if you wanted the fight.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:08 PM

Harry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Completely change of direction but was watching footage of top ten heavy weights and some of the "things" that used to happen, Rabbit and Kidney punches by Marciano, floored boxers with opponents hovering above them during count, without being sent to a neutral corner.
The long count ( fourteen seconds) in the Dempsey and Tunney fight and the break up of the white supremacy ideas destroyed by Johnson.

Joe Louis came top in the list above Ali but how you can draw conclusions bearing in mind that super heavies now dominate is beyond me.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:34 PM

Icy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Not sure where you get that idea from, if anything it is Wilder who doesn't want it and is just using Joshua's name to build some hype. Wilder said in December ”It will be 50-50 or else we don’t see a fight,” said Wilder to ESPN.com. “If they want to use splits, not to make a fight happen, then so be it. It is not like I am asking for more, I’m saying this is a 50-50 fight and that’s how it is.

That sounds reasonable to me. Wilder is a bigger draw in the States which will determine most of the revenue generated and they are both title holders. If anything he should be asking for a bigger cut than AJ (if he gets past Parker).

Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
In reality it seems easier to catch people contracted to the likes of UFC. So if all these outraged people in boxing are really bothered about the extra danger this creates. Then perhaps something should be done to reduce the number of governing bodies, reduce the influence of match making by spiv promotors, with only money on their mind.
Agreed. This should be done for more than safety reasons too. Having so many world governing bodies and titles just makes boxing opaque and too many good fights go unmade. That said it's unlikely to happen. MMA is already moving the other direction, albeit very slowly.

Last edited by Icy; 07-03-2018 at 12:38 PM.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:48 PM
ho hum

Big Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Not sure where you get that idea from, if anything it is Wilder who doesn't want it and is just using Joshua's name to build some hype. Wilder said in December ĒIt will be 50-50 or else we donít see a fight,Ē said Wilder to ESPN.com. ďIf they want to use splits, not to make a fight happen, then so be it. It is not like I am asking for more, Iím saying this is a 50-50 fight and thatís how it is.

And money of course will be the sticking point, as both teams think their man is worth more. I wouldn't be surprised to see Joshua (if he beats Parker) to fight in the US next and fight someone like Pulev or Miller, with Wilder fighting the winner of Whyte v Browne. Then them fighting next summer.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
That sounds reasonable to me. Wilder is a bigger draw in the States which will determine most of the revenue generated and they are both title holders. If anything he should be asking for a bigger cut than AJ (if he gets past Parker).

Agreed. This should be done for more than safety reasons too. Having so many world governing bodies and titles just makes boxing opaque and too many good fights go unmade. That said it's unlikely to happen. MMA is already moving the other direction, albeit very slowly.
No chance it will be anywhere near 50/50 split. Wilder isn't a big draw in the US, doesn't sell tickets or generate money on US tv. He got paid $2.1m against Ortiz, he probably gets another few hundred from Al Haymon. AJ is making $15-20m a fight. Wilder won't get much more than Parker who got somewhere between 30-35% of the split.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:41 PM
Vive La Revolution

Quote:

and it makes a mockery of Finkel saying earlier that they haven't proposed any terms to Matchroom.
Old 07-03-2018, 04:09 PM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
That sounds reasonable to me. Wilder is a bigger draw in the States which will determine most of the revenue generated and they are both title holders. If anything he should be asking for a bigger cut than AJ (if he gets past Parker
Thatís not true. Joshua is probably bigger in America than Wilder is. Let alone the fan base he has over here. Also, should AJ beat Parker, he will hold 4 belts to Wilderís 1.

FWIW, despite my points to the contrary above, now that Wilder has beaten somebody of note, I do think that a 50/50 split would be the fairest way now.

Are the purses never variable depending on who wins? For example, surely wilder would be happy with a 70/30% split for the winner (given his apparent confidence).
Old 07-03-2018, 04:17 PM
Vive La Revolution

Quote:
Are the purses never variable depending on who wins? For example, surely wilder would be happy with a 70/30% split for the winner (given his apparent confidence).
Unusual. AJ pulls bigger crowds and more PPVs so why agree to something that puts them on a level playing field? Wilder once said that he'd accept the split favouring AJ as long as it was reversed for the rematch. If that's a rematch following a Wilder win I think that is very fair.
Old 07-03-2018, 04:24 PM

Icy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Thatís not true. Joshua is probably bigger in America than Wilder is. Let alone the fan base he has over here. Also, should AJ beat Parker, he will hold 4 belts to Wilderís 1.

FWIW, despite my points to the contrary above, now that Wilder has beaten somebody of note, I do think that a 50/50 split would be the fairest way now.

Is that based on anything or just opinion? Not having a go, just curious as I'd be surprised if AJ is a bigger draw than their home fighter particularly as AJ's had minimal US exposure and the only name he's beaten so far is an on the wane Klitschko (who attracts little viewing figures in the US).

Wilder not only has home advantage and track record of US fights in the biggest (and most insular market), he also has a 95%+ KO track record.

I do think this could change when AJ beats Parker, however to be honest I just want to see the fight regardless of how it's made.
Old 07-03-2018, 04:28 PM

St.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Is that based on anything or just opinion? Not having a go, just curious as I'd be surprised if AJ is a bigger draw than their home fighter particularly as AJ's had minimal US exposure and the only name he's beaten so far is an on the wane Klitschko (who attracts little viewing figures in the US).

Wilder not only has home advantage and track record of US fights in the biggest (and most insular market), he also has a 95%+ KO track record.

I do think this could change when AJ beats Parker, however to be honest I just want to see the fight regardless of how it's made.
They were talking on talksport the other day (don't ask for names) saying that most people in the US don't know who Wilder is, this may have changed slightly after recent fight.