Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 21-09-2018, 12:38 AM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Not entirely convinced the new Main Stand will ever get built.
Prepare for a massively negative media onslaught against Croydon Council and Sadiq Khan if it doesn’t end up happening.

They know the consequences of f*cking this up as I’m sure Mr Parish has explained it to them in detail.
Old 21-09-2018, 01:18 AM

palace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
Upper Tier > Lower Tier
One way to get E block to move
Old 21-09-2018, 05:51 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
Prepare for a massively negative media onslaught against Croydon Council and Sadiq Khan if it doesn’t end up happening.

They know the consequences of f*cking this up as I’m sure Mr Parish has explained it to them in detail.
There will be a lot of unhappy football fans who support Palace and lots of happy ones that support Millwall Charlton and West Ham? Its not exactly armageddon. I'm not sure where and why there will be a massively negative media onslaught. Probably a few articles and on to the next story, I suppose as the Evening Standard always likes having a pop against the Mayor that they will be on our side for the brief period it remains news.

I still expect this to happen but complying with conditions and agreeing the precise terms of the s106 was always going to be the tricky bit

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 21-09-2018, 06:40 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
I think SP needs to explain clearly to Croydon Council and the Mayor that we are not a rich club, despite our PL income, as we wasted it all on Benteke and Mutch.
Old 21-09-2018, 07:18 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post

But we are the ones wanting to knock several houses down. It may seem unfair but the solution and cost is down to us. Offering to staple several houses to the side of the Holmesdale was never going to work.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 21-09-2018, 07:28 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
There will be a lot of unhappy football fans who support Palace and lots of happy ones that support Millwall Charlton and West Ham? Its not exactly armageddon. I'm not sure where and why there will be a massively negative media onslaught. Probably a few articles and on to the next story, I suppose as the Evening Standard always likes having a pop against the Mayor that they will be on our side for the brief period it remains news.

I still expect this to happen but complying with conditions and agreeing the precise terms of the s106 was always going to be the tricky bit
‘Tricky’ yes, but the authorities have come across to me as even more opportunist than I expected. Maybe it was watching the stream of that council meeting and how they were trying to lob in as many extras as they could think of.

Whilst ofcourse the club must consider near neighbours (eg on match days), the extent of the conditions have been wider than I’d expected. Has it seemed normal to you in your experience?

I wonder if they would treat a non-football development and employer in the same manner? If, for example, Nestle decided to return to the borough and create much needed jobs, would they also be expected to pay for upgrading the local streets or station?

I see the Westfield development have already been allowed to drop the planned changes to the tram route, despite their plan to bring hundreds of flats and a shopping mall to Croydon. That would hugely increase footfall in that area every day....and yet our stand would ‘only’ bring a maximum of 8,000 fans maybe 20 times per year (assuming we stay in the Prem really).

However I do agree with some conditions ofcourse (eg looking after those residents displaced and providing community space for hire on non-match days).
Old 21-09-2018, 10:44 AM

redeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
TBH I doubt Khan(t) will have a second term as London Mayor, so who knows. Club may have to look at other sites to replace the lost housing, such as Purley Way, for example.
Old 21-09-2018, 10:49 AM
CPFC LOYAL

Heath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Is this project hit and obstacle already , can someone explain in idiot terms plse
Old 21-09-2018, 11:04 AM

costello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I think SP needs to explain clearly to Croydon Council and the Mayor that we are not a rich club, despite our PL income, as we wasted it all on Benteke and Mutch.
Made me laugh. Says it all really.
Old 21-09-2018, 11:13 AM
Mmmm Danone!

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath eagle View Post
Is this project hit and obstacle already , can someone explain in idiot terms plse
Planning rejected by the Mayor back in March as it didn't fully comply with the "London Plan". No further updates since then.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 21-09-2018, 11:25 AM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
It's one ******* stand.

How do we ever get anything done in this country?
Old 21-09-2018, 11:26 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redeyed View Post
TBH I doubt Khan(t) will have a second term as London Mayor, so who knows. Club may have to look at other sites to replace the lost housing, such as Purley Way, for example.
It's more to do with the London Plan than who is mayor. We need to come up with 6 affordable properties in Croydon and build 6 new houses.

Clearly it would be much better if they were built in Croydon but I'm just wondering whether building elsewhere in London would be acceptable.

The easiest thing would be to build 6 new affordable house.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 21-09-2018, 11:31 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
It's one ******* stand.

We don't, everyone has to have an opinion whether it's valid or not, then minority opinion wins all.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 21-09-2018, 11:35 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
True, but it has to be "new" land that doesn't already have planning permission or is residential property. Dorkings post 16635 explains it in detail.
There’s a plot in Beckenham big enough which did have pp but that permission has now lapsed.

A mere snip at £5m.
Old 21-09-2018, 12:00 PM

Rev.B worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterRev.B worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterRev.B worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterRev.B worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterRev.B worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterRev.B worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterRev.B worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterRev.B worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterRev.B worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterRev.B worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterRev.B worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitter
Can commercial property like the disused pubs around Thornton Heath be converted into homes to meet the London Plan requirements? 2 or 3 of them done up and you could the 6 new homes needed? Start with the one on TH high street!
Old 21-09-2018, 12:07 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Can't see how anything has changed. What did I miss?
Old 21-09-2018, 12:17 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
It's one ******* stand.

But it isn't - it involves knocking down people's homes.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 21-09-2018, 12:22 PM
Born in South London

Pinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Not entirely convinced the new Main Stand will ever get built.
^^
Old 21-09-2018, 12:23 PM

mrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Can't see how anything has changed. What did I miss?

Don't think you have missed anything, people just getting a bit restless whondering why there is little or no news.
Old 21-09-2018, 12:38 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Apologies if someone else has already suggested this, but how about converting the whole corner site where our shop, Box Office etc are into housing?

There is already housing on the main road, so convert to match that terrace. Not sure if it’s large enough for 6, but it’d take several. Then also convert/demolish 1-2 of the closed pubs in Thornton Heath high street for housing. You could even rent some of these to staff, thus getting some of our investment back!

We can accommodate our retail needs inside the new stand, god knows it’ll be big enough!