Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 20-09-2018, 11:00 AM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
He's a traveller boy with a tonne of money and has had no need to grow up. He's better than i thought he would ever be and he comes across well when he talks about supporting fury through his problems. However he could do himself a favour by thinking about his actions a little more on social media (understatement really when you are pulling up in your bentley and making fun of addicts). Just because you can get away with being a juvenile prick and not worry about the consequences doesn't mean you should be one. His son is clearly a chip off the old bloke already. It seems a shame he hasn't used his success to show a little more class and maturity and set a better example.

As for enzo.. the comments earlier are spot on. He was essential to Joe's career. Joe Calzaghe is the most talented british fighter i have ever seen but he suffered from a lack of self belief and his fathers confidence in him was massive. I am sure enzo could be an acquired taste at times but what a great contribution even if the rest of his parenting skills were crap (I am sure they weren't but we all have our faults and failings), that is a really special thing to see a fathers belief in his son and pushing him forward to realise such an amazing career.
Good post.
Old 20-09-2018, 01:51 PM

big bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post

LOL at Spike.
Made a complete show of himself at the pre-fight presser. All the pre-fight promotions has now turned the sport into Wrestling. The fighters seem to spend more time rehearsing their lines for the press conference than learning how to avoid a left hook. It's only a matter of time before the 'let me at him, but hold me back," bS goes too far and a fighter is going to suffer an injury resulting in a postponement and law suits up the ying yang. Be good enough for Warren and Hearn who always sit their with little smirks on their mushes as their fighters rant and rave, revealing to the world that they share an IQ of 8.
Old 21-09-2018, 10:40 AM

Fort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Tris Dixon (former Ed at Boxing News) has just started his own podcast. He interviews Adam Booth in the first episode and it's a great listen. Booth speaks very openly about his relationship with Haye & Groves, and shares some great anecdotes about his time in the sport.

Can listen to it To view the link you have to Register or Login and I would imagine it's on itunes as well.

Am I right in thinking Booth is a Palace fan too?
Old 21-09-2018, 10:42 AM
YOU SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME

vegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace121 View Post
A few years ago it would have been really annoying. Nowadays, it's not really an issue is it? Ways and means 'n all that.
It's great that good fights are being made, just getting so expensive.
Old 21-09-2018, 10:45 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Yes, Booth is Palace.
Old 21-09-2018, 12:21 PM
YOU SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME

vegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Neef View Post
Tris Dixon (former Ed at Boxing News) has just started his own podcast. He interviews Adam Booth in the first episode and it's a great listen. Booth speaks very openly about his relationship with Haye & Groves, and shares some great anecdotes about his time in the sport.

Can listen to it To view the link you have to Register or Login and I would imagine it's on itunes as well.

Am I right in thinking Booth is a Palace fan too?
Talked to him a few times in the Holmesdale! Great bloke.
Old 21-09-2018, 12:27 PM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Yes, Booth is Palace.
I didn't know this. I've always like him as he allows his fighters to express themselves. I think I like him a bit more now.
Old 21-09-2018, 12:29 PM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas78 View Post
It's great that good fights are being made, just getting so expensive.
My point is that you don't always have to pay.
Old 21-09-2018, 12:35 PM

Just been looking the rankings on Boxrec and it's got Isaac Dogboe just ahead of George Groves as the 15th best pound for pound boxer in the world. Apparently he's British but seems to have boxed out of his birthplace (Ghana) for the majority of his 20 fights.

Given some of the names he's ahead of, am I missing something? I've never heard of him.
Old 21-09-2018, 02:09 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Never heard of him.

So AJ nearly 2 stones heavier than Povetkin. I actually think 1/8 is pretty good value. No way AJ loses this.

Manuel Charr done for doping ahead of a mickey mouse belt fight. Same old same old.
Old 21-09-2018, 02:42 PM
YOU SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME

Quote:
Ah, I get you. I always worry that the stream will stop halfway through the fight!
Old 21-09-2018, 02:45 PM
YOU SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME

Quote:
Just been looking the rankings on Boxrec and it's got Isaac Dogboe just ahead of George Groves as the 15th best pound for pound boxer in the world. Apparently he's British but seems to have boxed out of his birthplace (Ghana) for the majority of his 20 fights.

Given some of the names he's ahead of, am I missing something? I've never heard of him.
He is a fantastic fighter, he had a great fight vs Jessie Magdaleno who was undefeated and people were really shocked with the result.
Old 21-09-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Never heard of him.

So AJ nearly 2 stones heavier than Povetkin. I actually think 1/8 is pretty good value. No way AJ loses this.

Manuel Charr done for doping ahead of a mickey mouse belt fight. Same old same old.
Oh no! Time to lump on Povetkin!
Old 21-09-2018, 02:59 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
haha.

Just seen Haye is bigging up Joyce again and still seems to be representing him. That didn't seem to be the case a few weeks ago. Must have been some kind of rapprochement.
Old 21-09-2018, 07:39 PM
I am a BAD MAN

RazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is here
Quote:
I like listening on the wireless, not sure why.
Old 21-09-2018, 07:41 PM
I am a BAD MAN

RazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is here
Quote:
Never heard of him.

In my humble opinion, I reckon this is a banana skin match for AJ.

Povetkin is good and can spring a surprise (I hope not)

I would like to see AJ win. But I do hope it is a good match.
Old 21-09-2018, 07:50 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
In my humble opinion, I reckon this is a banana skin match for AJ.

Povetkin is good and can spring a surprise (I hope not)

I would like to see AJ win. But I do hope it is a good match.
Have a guy at work who is a boxing ref.
He likes AJ - but thinks he may come a cropper in this from round 6 onwards.

Time will tell.
Old 22-09-2018, 06:23 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
Have a guy at work who is a boxing ref.
He likes AJ - but thinks he may come a cropper in this from round 6 onwards.

Time will tell.
Chances are aj stops him or bores us with a points shut out like last time. I don’t think he has the resistance to really take the risks he did against price. So aj will just over power him one way or another. However I have had a cheeky £3.50 (it was what was left in my bet365 account) on povetkin by ko at 18/1. I just thought that looked a big price for a known puncher. He doesn’t win any other way so no point considering him on points and surely no ref will be waving off a aj fight with him on his feet?

Last edited by scro; 22-09-2018 at 06:26 AM.
Old 22-09-2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Ah, I get you. I always worry that the stream will stop halfway through the fight!
You mean like mine did half way through the final round for the GGG vs Alvarez fight last weekend? TBF, I was in a hotel with dodgy Wi-fi. Normally there’s a few streams to pick from so if one cuts out, you can quickly pick up another.
Old 22-09-2018, 09:27 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
So AJ this weekend has the potential for a massive banana skin. AJ has to concentrate at all times as Povetkin has a huge punch and will look all night for those looping shots whilst rolling slipping punches.

Getting sick with all this PPV now though, it's getting ridiculous.
What do we reckon?

I fancy AJ will have to dig deep, but will get him out of there in 7 or 8.

Weak undercard, Campbell vs Mendy II doesn't appeal.

Price has a dangerous Russian assignment

Show stealer could be the Sauce Okolie vs Askins for the Lonsdale belt