Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: As of 05/02/17 who should be first choice Goalkeeper
1 Julian Speroni 311 26.22%
13 wayne Hennessey 178 15.01%
30 Steve Mandanda 561 47.30%
Another 136 11.47%
Voters: 1186. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2015, 08:12 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
Because its the same posters who wouldnt have a bad word said against Speroni that are the ones who are being hypercritical of Hennessey

The hypocrisy stinks, they were even calling for Wayne to be dropped before yesterdays game!

A fanatical Speroni supporter picking on Hennesseys kicking really does take the biscuit though.
You'd know all about hypocrisy, with your treatment of Speroni last season
Old 08-12-2015, 08:55 PM
Oh No!

AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post
Hennessey is head and shoulders above the rest , he's made the no1 spot his ,
So true, he is 6.6, McCarthy 6.4 and Speroni is just 6.1..
Old 08-12-2015, 09:24 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanksight View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Before my time indeed. What a challenge.
i dont do formula one myself so Schumacher to me is the infamous German goalkeeper

thanks for the clip - funny he doesnt look big enough by todays premier league goalkeeping physique standards
Old 08-12-2015, 09:30 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Hennessy is our number one keeper by a country mile, get over it. However if we got a better keeper I would not be bothered like the daft posters on here still hoping that Hennessy mucks up enough for Jules to come back in.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:39 PM

blanksight is just too good for youblanksight is just too good for youblanksight is just too good for youblanksight is just too good for youblanksight is just too good for youblanksight is just too good for youblanksight is just too good for youblanksight is just too good for youblanksight is just too good for youblanksight is just too good for youblanksight is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling View Post
i dont do formula one myself so Schumacher to me is the infamous German goalkeeper

thanks for the clip - funny he doesnt look big enough by todays premier league goalkeeping physique standards
I thought at first it was a confusion with Schmeichel (confusing on it's own- which one?) and was a prime target for a sick joke. Serves me right for making assumptions.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:23 PM
CPFC 4 Life, now in NY.

VSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What a thread...
Old 09-12-2015, 12:06 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
Hennessy is our number one keeper by a country mile, get over it. However if we got a better keeper I would not be bothered like the daft posters on here still hoping that Hennessy mucks up enough for Jules to come back in.
For years you have been suggesting Speroni is useless even though he has been so good. Lord knows what your agenda is
Old 09-12-2015, 12:16 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
To be fair to Timbo, it may have taken time, but he generally is coming round to the fact WH is our best keeper. The sad thing is not that age caught up with Jules but McC seems to be lacking confidence. Hopefully improved coaching will help.

Still have so many WH knockers on here who will never be won over
Afraid not old bean, perhaps you are mixing me up with Tomo, but in my opinion, careerwise, Speroni has been a better keeper than WH has been so far. WH is much younger of course and still has more time to improve. No one knows who is the better of the two at the moment but Pardew prefers WH presently, and that is good enough for me

For the record, the difference between you and me is that I do not have an agenda against one or the other and just haul you up when you start your Speroni nonsense. In reality few on here, if any, hate WH but you on the other hand hate Speroni for some reason
Old 09-12-2015, 12:38 AM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
For years you have been suggesting Speroni is useless even though he has been so good. Lord knows what your agenda is
LIAR. I have said when he had poor matches, mainly last season although poor form the season before was reversed when put under pressure by the purchase of Hennessy. Look back over ratings going back over the years. Twats like you try and put words in peoples mouths. If anyone plays badly those who have been at the match have the right to say so. For example, Punch and Souare were poor on Monday night, I am not going to say they were great when they were not and I like them both. When someone is going over the hill due to age after being a good player it is not their fault and does not take away from their past. Better to go at the top of your game than be dropped. Exactly the same happening with Howard at Everton, pushing balls out to opposing players and their fans calling for a replacement. Sadly his fantastic reputation will be tarnished if he does not realise. Go and bother someone else and try apologising - you are the dick with an agenda.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Afraid not old bean, perhaps you are mixing me up with Tomo, but in my opinion, careerwise, Speroni has been a better keeper than WH has been so far. WH is much younger of course and still has more time to improve. No one knows who is the better of the two at the moment but Pardew prefers WH presently, and that is good enough for me

For the record, the difference between you and me is that I do not have an agenda against one or the other and just haul you up when you start your Speroni nonsense. In reality few on here, if any, hate WH but you on the other hand hate Speroni for some reason
You have used the hate word again and again when no one else had. Clearly have issues of being bullied or hated yourself to keep using that word. I am not going to compare careers but only one has 50 international caps. It is this point in time not when Jules was the same age as Wayne is now. FFS you are WEIRD

Last edited by Owngoal; 09-12-2015 at 12:43 AM.
Old 09-12-2015, 01:06 AM
All Ivory Coast ain't we?

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
he's not really though
Old 09-12-2015, 10:51 AM
Probationary User

Grant sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrant sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrant sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrant sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrant sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrant sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrant sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrant sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrant sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrant sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrant sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
As an outsider, I only joined the forum because you’ve got so many Welsh players and I wanted to see how they were doing.

Also, I couldn’t understand how Hennessey wasn’t playing to be honest. I’ve watched him for years and thought he had everything needed to be a top notch keeper, and believed all he needed was a run of games with Palace to prove this. He kept Wolves up almost single handedly before his injury.

That said, he does seem to be more inconsistent with Palace than he ever is for Wales – not sure if that’s a confidence thing, but I do believe he will continue to improve for you.

One thing I wanted to note though, and get your thoughts on are the number of shots on target Palace concede with him playing.

It’s a rough analysis I know, but when I can’t watch your game I will look at the stats and see how much Hennessey actually had to do.

It’s usually VERY little, and I wondered if this was down to Wayne’s sheer size – he is a big keeper.

An example – Shots vs Shots on Target last few games.

Everton 19 – 4 (probs not the best example).

Newcastle 7 -2

Sunderland 12 – 4

Liverpool 22 – 4

Manchester United 5 – 1

So in the last 5 league games, the opposition has only got 15 shots on target from 65 efforts on goal. Less than 1 in four on target.

As a comparison, in the same five games, Palace get 1 shot on target for every 2.5 efforts. 29 in 71 so that’s a big disparity.

Just wondered what you lot, who watch more regularly thought. Coincidence or because of WH’s presence?
Old 09-12-2015, 10:56 AM
Le Crystal Chamakh

mroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
As an outsider, I only joined the forum because you’ve got so many Welsh players and I wanted to see how they were doing.

Also, I couldn’t understand how Hennessey wasn’t playing to be honest. I’ve watched him for years and thought he had everything needed to be a top notch keeper, and believed all he needed was a run of games with Palace to prove this. He kept Wolves up almost single handedly before his injury.

That said, he does seem to be more inconsistent with Palace than he ever is for Wales – not sure if that’s a confidence thing, but I do believe he will continue to improve for you.

One thing I wanted to note though, and get your thoughts on are the number of shots on target Palace concede with him playing.

It’s a rough analysis I know, but when I can’t watch your game I will look at the stats and see how much Hennessey actually had to do.

It’s usually VERY little, and I wondered if this was down to Wayne’s sheer size – he is a big keeper.

An example – Shots vs Shots on Target last few games.

Everton 19 – 4 (probs not the best example).

Newcastle 7 -2

Sunderland 12 – 4

Liverpool 22 – 4

Manchester United 5 – 1

So in the last 5 league games, the opposition has only got 15 shots on target from 65 efforts on goal. Less than 1 in four on target.

As a comparison, in the same five games, Palace get 1 shot on target for every 2.5 efforts. 29 in 71 so that’s a big disparity.

Just wondered what you lot, who watch more regularly thought. Coincidence or because of WH’s presence?
Leave while you still can. The BBS is a horrible place. Run as far as you can and don't look back. You'll be a better person for it.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:56 AM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Hi Grant

Martinez mentioned in post match interview that Palace defenders win more headers and block more shots than anyone else, I think do a good job of restricting teams to longer range shots.

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 09-12-2015, 11:07 AM
Probationary User

Grant sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrant sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrant sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrant sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrant sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrant sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrant sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrant sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrant sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrant sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrant sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally Posted by mroakley9 View Post
Leave while you still can. The BBS is a horrible place. Run as far as you can and don't look back. You'll be a better person for it.
It's quite a comical place.

Hennessey's performance level seems to range from Lev Yashin to Massimo Taibi in the same game.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:08 AM
Probationary User

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
Hi Grant

Martinez mentioned in post match interview that Palace defenders win more headers and block more shots than anyone else, I think do a good job of restricting teams to longer range shots.
I've noticed that in the games I've seen. You seem to get lots of bodies in the way of shots from around 20 yards.

In terms of how many more than the next best sides though, I've no clue and am not sure how big an effect it'd have on the figures (I did say it was rough ).
Old 09-12-2015, 12:41 PM

Elma fudd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineElma fudd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineElma fudd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineElma fudd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineElma fudd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineElma fudd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineElma fudd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineElma fudd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineElma fudd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineElma fudd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineElma fudd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Think our Wayne going to get better with every game under his belt
Old 09-12-2015, 01:22 PM
Returning to obscurity

Palestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilem View Post
Speroni was huge first season.
Bit of a liability last season.
None of our keepers have fully convinced this season.
Hennesseys improved of late, but im not entirely confident with him in goal.. get the feeling that any low shot can easily sneak in
Agree - he seemed v slow getting down to the shot by Lukaku which hit the post, but good game otherwise against Everton
Old 09-12-2015, 01:35 PM

Sceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He's hardly done anything wrong. Why is there even a debate?
Old 09-12-2015, 01:51 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Not sure if it means he is doing a good job, but he just never seems to have anything to do. I remember save after save and mistakes from Speroni, McCarthy making saves and mistakes but Hennessey just seems to exist in goal. It has been the same when I have watched Wales.