Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Will we confound every bookie, every pundit and David Smellor and beat the Arse?
Palace triumph - new Prem leaders to be after win over Arse 58 25.22%
It's a draw - Palace and Arsenal share the spoils 77 33.48%
Arsenal beat Palace (highly unlikely) 95 41.30%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2004, 07:23 PM
Erect Member

NO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
SUPER PALACE 0

Arsenal 2 (Henry, Reyes)

Att: 25,740
Old 05-11-2004, 08:44 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Palace 2 (AJ, Kolkka) Arsenal 2 (Henry, Reyes)

Attendance: 26,269
Old 05-11-2004, 08:49 PM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
I'm not going to predict for this one. I'm just going to watch my team play the best club side in Europe, with arguably the best player in Europe up front. So sod the result, i'm just glad to be on the same pitch.

Palace 5
Arsenal 0

Old 05-11-2004, 11:23 PM

Colin Pryce used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainColin Pryce used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainColin Pryce used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainColin Pryce used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainColin Pryce used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainColin Pryce used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainColin Pryce used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainColin Pryce used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainColin Pryce used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainColin Pryce used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainColin Pryce used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rain
It simply has to be Palace 1 Arsenal 4 (sorry).
Goals from Fredrik Ljungberg and Dennis Bergkamp follows on from Michael Hughes opening the scoring (2-1 at half-time). Patrick Vieira and Jose Antonio Reyes make sure of the points for the Gunners in the second half.
25,535 on hand to witness events.
Like many, I also hope I am wrong, but my Crystal Ball certainly can't see any other result.
Old 06-11-2004, 08:28 AM

HAINESY is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHAINESY is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHAINESY is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHAINESY is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHAINESY is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHAINESY is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHAINESY is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHAINESY is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHAINESY is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHAINESY is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsHAINESY is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
Palace 1 - 1 Arsenal

Aj

Att: 26,123
Old 06-11-2004, 08:33 AM
Stark Raving Normal

Bangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Don't wish to predict but foresee a tenacious display from Palace who will shine with gargantuan levels of bouncebackability.

Remember last Palace v Arse Prem game at Selhurst. 0 - 0 wasn't it? I'd take that again. Herman not German had Bergkamp tucked up.
Old 06-11-2004, 02:59 PM
Anonymous Coward

Not long to go now - quite a build-up for a regular Saturday afternoon Premiership against against a north London side with quite a Frenchmen on the books.

Still time for a spot of Ballgazing too.

For the first time ever this season the Poll at the top of the thread has a majority of Palace ballgazers going for an Arsenal win.
Old 06-11-2004, 03:13 PM

DANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikiki
1st half - 4 mins of extra time.
2nd half - 4 mins of extra time.
Five yellows, No reds.
Linesman hit by a lighter once.
First Half tunnel ruck.
AJ two Penalty Appeals turned down.
Palace lose 4-1, Hansen *TWAT* rips us on MOTD.
12, 13, 21, 27, 48, 49.
Five numbers + bonus, I win 323,034
Old 06-11-2004, 03:14 PM

DANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikiki
Crap, I will now have to do those numbers...just in case.
Old 06-11-2004, 03:59 PM

Daily Mal is utterly ButterfieldDaily Mal is utterly ButterfieldDaily Mal is utterly ButterfieldDaily Mal is utterly ButterfieldDaily Mal is utterly ButterfieldDaily Mal is utterly ButterfieldDaily Mal is utterly ButterfieldDaily Mal is utterly ButterfieldDaily Mal is utterly ButterfieldDaily Mal is utterly ButterfieldDaily Mal is utterly Butterfield
This evening will see an historic game that will live forever in the memory of those who attend. Palace will destroy the myth of Arsenal's greatness.

4-0 to the Eagles.
Old 06-11-2004, 04:35 PM

lordanton is the cheese to my macaronilordanton is the cheese to my macaronilordanton is the cheese to my macaronilordanton is the cheese to my macaronilordanton is the cheese to my macaronilordanton is the cheese to my macaronilordanton is the cheese to my macaronilordanton is the cheese to my macaronilordanton is the cheese to my macaronilordanton is the cheese to my macaronilordanton is the cheese to my macaroni
Er....If Arsenal get back to form the Eagles 1-3 Arse
If Arsenal headache continues then Eagles 1-0 Arse. Lets hope Dowie hid the anadin extra!
Old 06-11-2004, 09:45 PM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Gooders
I don't know why I'm helping out my fellow ball-gazers but those of you predicting a crowd of 26,500+ are exceeding capacity.

I had the thought that the capacity was barely over 26,000, although a quick google comes up with "Capacity: 26,300 seats".

In any event, I don't recall 1 crowd over 26,000 since Selhurst Park was reduced to its present capacity - and certainly not 26,500.
Told you.

Absolutely chock-full.

26,100 and something.