Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 09-11-2001, 04:00 PM
Anonymous Coward

Bruce could be back!

Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan has admitted he would consider allowing Steve Bruce back as manager of his club.
Bruce walked out on Palace after learning of Birmingham's interest in him.
But Jordan is refusing to let him talk to Palace's Division One rivals and has threatened to allow the situation to drag on indefinitely.
Bruce has had no contact with Palace since his resignation, but Jordan refused to rule out taking him back.
He said: "I would have to sit down and look at that situation.
"I would have to assess why that u-turn has come about if it happened and gauge how genuine it was.
"Only then would I make a decision. It would be difficult because the fans are screaming for his head, and their trust in him would be gone.
"But on the other hand these things can change. Certain sections of the fans who didn't want him in the first place ended up cheering him on after a couple of weeks.
"I'm sensible enough to have an open mind about it."

Ananova
Old 09-11-2001, 04:04 PM
Wild and Peaceful

Adrian is happy as a lark and everything is fineAdrian is happy as a lark and everything is fineAdrian is happy as a lark and everything is fineAdrian is happy as a lark and everything is fineAdrian is happy as a lark and everything is fineAdrian is happy as a lark and everything is fineAdrian is happy as a lark and everything is fineAdrian is happy as a lark and everything is fineAdrian is happy as a lark and everything is fineAdrian is happy as a lark and everything is fineAdrian is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Bloomin' 'eck!

Isn't this common sense and rationality taken just a bit too far??
Old 09-11-2001, 04:05 PM

bucketbongeagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsbucketbongeagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsbucketbongeagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsbucketbongeagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsbucketbongeagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsbucketbongeagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsbucketbongeagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsbucketbongeagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsbucketbongeagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsbucketbongeagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsbucketbongeagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
Personally I would like to see someone else take over at B'ham and Bruce back at selhurst park.

for one game, before Jordan fires him.
Old 09-11-2001, 04:13 PM
Well nobody's perfect

northernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weed
SB should be paraded in front of the crowd at Selhurst. In chains. And in time honoured roman sword & sandal fashion the populus will decide his fate with thumbs up or thumbs down.
Old 09-11-2001, 04:20 PM
Rhymin & Stealin

nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear
Imagine the reception Bruce would get for his first game at Selhurst if he did come back!

Jordan can't be serious - we'd look idiots again.
Old 09-11-2001, 04:23 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think he's just keeping everyone guessing and not giving Bruce any ammo for any future court battles
Old 09-11-2001, 04:26 PM
Guns of Navarone

GUCCI Eagle GUCCI Eagle GUCCI Eagle GUCCI Eagle GUCCI Eagle GUCCI Eagle GUCCI Eagle GUCCI Eagle GUCCI Eagle GUCCI Eagle GUCCI Eagle
He's trying to lure him back into a trap. He'll return holding out the olive branch, Jordan will have him stuffed in a crate, sent to Siam and sold on the slave trade. Wahahahah.
"The West Stand has a reputation as a party area and we've got to break that. We've put together a series of measures to ensure that those people who want to watch cricket are not disrupted by those who are simply there to have a good time"The Times, back page, Wed 5 Aug 2009
Old 09-11-2001, 04:27 PM

simon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesimon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesimon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesimon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesimon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesimon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesimon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesimon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesimon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesimon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesimon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by northernsouler
SB should be paraded in front of the crowd at Selhurst. In chains. And in time honoured roman sword & sandal fashion the populus will decide his fate with thumbs up or thumbs down.
Great idea - guarantee a sell-out as well.
Old 09-11-2001, 04:35 PM
Born in South London

gcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Jordan obviously decided he was getting too popular on the BBS. Over to you Mr Mitchell.
Old 09-11-2001, 04:38 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Daddy Long

I think he's just keeping everyone guessing and not giving Bruce any ammo for any future court battles

My thoughts as well, Daddy.
This can only put more pressure on Brum, and make them look more like complete c*nts than they already do. In addition, Bruce can't bang on about being treated badly.
Not a huge fan of Jordan's personality, but he's playing this right, at the moment.
Old 09-11-2001, 04:46 PM
Alright? Not half!

Phil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Stellavista

My thoughts as well, Daddy.
This can only put more pressure on Brum, and make them look more like complete c*nts than they already do. In addition, Bruce can't bang on about being treated badly.
Not a huge fan of Jordan's personality, but he's playing this right, at the moment.
Agreed. I have to admit i think SJ is handling this very well. He is setting a fine example to other chairmen on how to handle disloyalty. With everyone saying contracts in football are not worth the paper they're written on, perhaps this will start to reverse the trend.
Old 09-11-2001, 04:47 PM
Main Stand Maniac

Glen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGlen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGlen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGlen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGlen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGlen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGlen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGlen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGlen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGlen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGlen Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
Re: Bruce could be back!

Quote:
Originally posted by tmjwat
Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan has admitted he would consider allowing Steve Bruce back as manager of his club.
Bruce walked out on Palace after learning of Birmingham's interest in him.
But Jordan is refusing to let him talk to Palace's Division One rivals and has threatened to allow the situation to drag on indefinitely.
Bruce has had no contact with Palace since his resignation, but Jordan refused to rule out taking him back.
He said: "I would have to sit down and look at that situation.
"I would have to assess why that u-turn has come about if it happened and gauge how genuine it was.
"Only then would I make a decision. It would be difficult because the fans are screaming for his head, and their trust in him would be gone.
"But on the other hand these things can change. Certain sections of the fans who didn't want him in the first place ended up cheering him on after a couple of weeks.
"I'm sensible enough to have an open mind about it."

Ananova

What a brilliant bit of PR. How on earth can it all be SJ's fault when he is still prepared to give the slimeball another chance?
Old 09-11-2001, 05:02 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Re: Re: Bruce could be back!

Quote:
Originally posted by Glen Eagle

What a brilliant bit of PR. How on earth can it all be SJ's fault when he is still prepared to give the slimeball another chance?
There is no doubt about it - Simon Jordan is a PR genius.

Er ... I'll get me coat.
Old 09-11-2001, 05:07 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
What like which cross bar he gets hung from? Whitehorse end or Holmesdale!!
Old 09-11-2001, 05:09 PM

Crunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Re: Re: Re: Bruce could be back!

Quote:
Originally posted by James

There is no doubt about it - Simon Jordan is a PR genius.

Er ... I'll get me coat.
But he is certainly improving- give him a break.

How come James you are looking to the right today?
Old 09-11-2001, 05:12 PM

The Blackadder sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkThe Blackadder sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkThe Blackadder sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkThe Blackadder sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkThe Blackadder sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkThe Blackadder sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkThe Blackadder sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkThe Blackadder sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkThe Blackadder sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkThe Blackadder sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkThe Blackadder sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
SJ is my new marketing guru.
There aren't many more astute businessmen in the whole of football
Old 09-11-2001, 05:32 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Anyway SJ has only said he would consider it.

Picture the scene Bruce sat in SJ's office saying

"Please let me be manager again, it was all speculation in the press, I went into hiding because I couldn't handle it anymore"

SJ then leans back in his very expensive leather seat stokes his beard and takes a moment to consider the proposal.

Before reaching into the top draw of his desk and taking out a rather large fish. He then leans over the desk and beats Bruce round the head with it. Shouting:

"You vile specimen, how dare you try and treat South London's finest like this. Get out of my sight"

Bruce then makes a quick dash for it but as he reaches the door SJ's lightening reactions come into play as he launches the fish which hits Bruce on the back of the head. SJ then retreats and looks out of his office window to see Bruce now running past Glaziers, he opens up the cage where he keeps his pet vultures, opens the window and whispers seductively

"Fly my angels, Fly"

They eventually catch up with Bruce at the far end of the Sainsburys Car Park where his final fate is decided.

On a more serious note though I think as pointed out earlier this is a statement to avoid any sort of court action being taken out on Jordan himself. So far all statements have been made in a well thought out and structured manner to avoid action being taken. This is the latest addition of Jordan covering his own back.
Old 09-11-2001, 05:35 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
anyone know who Jordan's legal advisor/ script writer is? He's very good. Maybe he does it himself.
Old 09-11-2001, 05:38 PM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

ROFL !!!

Personally, i'd have him back, but on OUR terms bigtime. This is a great way to twist his deal and force him to do a decent job without any way of him getting away. He should also hang his head in shame for the rest of his management.

I had a funny feeling that this may have been SJ's plan after he slated the fans for booing the bloke at Wallsall. SJ has made it virtually impossible for Birmingham to even think about taking Bruce on, unless they really want to pay Venaballsup type dosh. Bruce is just the type of low-life maggot to accept a deal too rather than save his face and walk away.
Old 09-11-2001, 05:39 PM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
I think we should give Bruce a chance to prove himself. Tie weights around his feet and throw him in the water, if he drowns, he's innocent and should be given a second chance, if he floats then he's a witch and should be burnt at the stake.

It worked fine in the middle ages...