Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 26-08-2017, 09:33 AM
Who give you extra?

thehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Joel ward isn't that bad he's just has never had any protection from the rm and it now being played out of position.
Old 26-08-2017, 09:48 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
3 at the back is definitely the way forward with this current crop of players.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:11 AM

CPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
3-4-3 is a masterstroke as it's easily adaptable to 5-4-1
Old 09-09-2017, 12:36 PM

Salad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Millwalls rivals are West Ham & couldn't give a shit about us!
That's not a rivalry, that's just Millwall trying to hang off the coattails of their big brother club. There'll be less talk of West Ham being their rivals now that West Ham are no longer a proper football club. You mark my words.
Old 09-09-2017, 12:55 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehalifaxman View Post
Joel ward isn't that bad he's just has never had any protection from the rm and it now being played out of position.
Yep.

People only want to contemplate simplicity. Team shape plays a part in Ward's poor form.

Same when we had Jedi.... play to his strengths.... If you ask him to play like Pirlo... of course he is gonna look poor.
Old 09-09-2017, 12:59 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Yep.

People only want to contemplate simplicity. Team shape plays a part in Ward's poor form.

Same when we had Jedi.... play to his strengths.... If you ask him to play like Pirlo... of course he is gonna look poor.
This would make more sense if the problems he has been having so far were to do with that but they have surely been to do with some poor one on one defending against the wide player? He will be exposed as we attack but I am not sure that's where he has been an issue so far.
Old 09-09-2017, 01:07 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
This would make more sense if the problems he has been having so far were to do with that but they have surely been to do with some poor one on one defending against the wide player? He will be exposed as we attack but I am not sure that's where he has been an issue so far.
He gets caught up the pitch because he is asked to be a attacking wing back... there is space behind him to exploit. He is a capable defensive full back, if you ask him to push forward and play like Cafu... he'll be caught out.
Old 09-09-2017, 01:10 PM

tsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
RLC (with cabaye/mcarthur filling in in mid) is a better option as a back up striker than what we could have bought for less that 10 million in the transfer window.
Old 09-09-2017, 01:24 PM

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
He gets caught up the pitch because he is asked to be a attacking wing back... there is space behind him to exploit. He is a capable defensive full back, if you ask him to push forward and play like Cafu... he'll be caught out.
I don't think you are talking about any of our PL matches are you? He barely passed the halfway line in the last 2. I get very confused by some of this comment re Ward. He has spent huge chunks of his time with us pushing on as RB. It's not his best attribute but in the Pl games he hasn't been playing vaguely like Cafu. More like Ward playing RB without having to drop narrow when they attack deep.
Old 09-09-2017, 01:48 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I don't think you are talking about any of our PL matches are you? He barely passed the halfway line in the last 2. I get very confused by some of this comment re Ward. He has spent huge chunks of his time with us pushing on as RB. It's not his best attribute but in the Pl games he hasn't been playing vaguely like Cafu. More like Ward playing RB without having to drop narrow when they attack deep.
I'm talking about Pardew/FdB asking JW to do things that JW isn't comfortable with. Pulis got the best out of him, he asked him to concentrate on what he is good at.
Old 09-09-2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
I'm talking about Pardew/FdB asking JW to do things that JW isn't comfortable with. Pulis got the best out of him, he asked him to concentrate on what he is good at.
I understand and appreciate you clarifying but if you really do think Joel can only cope with the defensive element and nothing coming forward which is how we were for much of the TP era, to survive, then surely he shouldn't be playing at all. How far do you have to go back to a time when the RBS weren't expected to support the attack. I think it's underselling Joel TBH but if you are right we should have 'got rid'. I am not trying to be an a*** but playing a formation that suits a poor FB makes no sense surely.