Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-05-2018, 11:20 AM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Like Parish says it's about how you replace the player. Arguable Wilf has kept us in the premier league - so how much do we get for being in the league? That much would have to be accepted
Old 16-05-2018, 11:23 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I don't think anyone genuinely does think he's going. In fact I think he'll still be here when the new main stand opens.
I ******* hope that he is. I hope by that stage he's the captain and cutting the ribbon to open the 'Zaha Stand'. That's the kind of recognition he will deserve if he is still here in 3 seasons time.
Old 16-05-2018, 11:25 AM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
What? For a start - ‘not a great game at Stoke’. Really? He put the pass through for the winning goal I was at the Huddersfield game and remember him playing well, so I’ve just read the BBC report which says the following:

He returned from injury in last week's narrow defeat by Chelsea and made an impressive contribution in this game against the Terriers.

His constant pace and trickery, with his darts down the wings stretching the play, caused the Huddersfield backline problems all game.

It was the Ivory Coast international's industry which led to the first goal, as he won a corner which Tomkins converted at the second attempt. In all, Zaha made a total of 74 sprints, more than any of his team-mates.

Zaha was taken off late on, but manager Hodgson said it was only a precaution as he had "taken one or two knocks" and the only way for Huddersfield "to stop him was to foul him".

He added: "He is so good at carrying the ball and we noticed that in the second half for us. He is an outlet for us. He got past people and drew fouls and that put us in their part of the field and gave our defenders a rest."

‘Relatively annonymous.’ I don’t think many would agree with you at all.

And I didn’t ask ‘how many games have we won without him’. I asked ‘how many points have we won without him’. 0 is the answer.
Are you really giving him credit for the pass for the winning goal at Stoke? I love the bloke, but it was a terrible pass that went straight to Shawcross (he didn't even really have to move to intercept it - and it was pure luck that Shawcross, under no pressure, completely messed up and put PvA through.

My personal view on the Huddersfield game was that he didn't have a great game where he influenced the outcome significantly (as he has in other matches), and think we would have won without him on the pitch just as comfortably.

Let me ask you a question though - if Zaha had been put out for the season in the opening match, do you think we would have got 0 points for the whole season?

He is important, if not crucial, to our chances of staying up, and to sell him for less than £100m would be sheer folly IMO.
Old 16-05-2018, 11:48 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I don't think anyone genuinely does think he's going. In fact I think he'll still be here when the new main stand opens.
Although I do think that was a cheeky attempt of tapping up by pep.
Old 16-05-2018, 12:07 PM
Big Cheese

Vic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
There have been a couple of stories in the press about how Man City want him for 50 million.

Which, given the clearly inadequate amount (opening gambit), have clearly been planted by the Man City hierarchy to try to unsettle Wilf and get the ball rolling.

I should take my own advice - ignore this close season crap entirely (will involve hibernation from the BBS and any UK media) and tune into the broadcast of the first match of next season to see who's playing for us.
Old 16-05-2018, 12:09 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
No Wilf and no HF.

Next season is going to be so shit.
Old 16-05-2018, 12:40 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles #1 View Post
No Wilf and no HF.

Next season is going to be so shit.
Why no HF?
Old 16-05-2018, 12:46 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
Why no HF?
Brighton have put in a bid following Chris Hughton referencing how he enjoyed playing Palace and seeing the HF in full flow. Team are still to be agreed but they re hoping that their offer of clackers might swing it.
Old 16-05-2018, 01:50 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
Why no HF?
Horace Fogworth was released by the club on Tuesday

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Old 16-05-2018, 02:15 PM

libran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can see him staying and hope that's the case. You can see him feeding off the strength the crowd gives him here. The Zaha chant ringing round the ground pre match empowers him. He'd just be one of a whole squad of superstars elsewhere.
Old 16-05-2018, 03:14 PM

*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
How I wish the Ivory Coast were in the World Cup - just imagine Zaha ripping the England team apart.....just imagine....
Old 16-05-2018, 03:33 PM

pardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is here
Unless Zaha agitates for a move, which he won't, I doubt we'd entertain offers under £100m, possibly even more. It sounds mad, but his value to us, given the riches of the Premier League and our status within, far exceeds even that.

No club, not even Manchester City, would currently pay what we would demand I don't think.

Even with the top clubs operating in four competitions, rotation is rife even amongst some of the globe's top players, and I'm not sure Zaha would want that, nor would it be good for his game.

There's no rush, either. He's not 26 until November. I think we'll be enjoying Zaha for another year or too yet, at least.

There is a part of me that would be fascinated to see him work under a coach like Guardiola or Klopp. If or when he does go, it would be nice to see him make a mockery of a lot of the tired opinions that are still offered about him (he's only good as a big fish; he doesn't work defensively; he's inconsistent; he's not better than players like Lingard or Welbeck [these were all offered by Leon Osman on 5 Live on Monday night]).
Old 16-05-2018, 04:48 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
The canard about his lack of defensive contribution has always particularly grated. When out on the wing he worked tirelessly up and down the line, one minute on the edge of his own area helping out Ward and the next carrying the ball into dangerous attacking positions. Probably his final ball was lacking at times because the poor sod was knackered.

Seeing him in a freer attacking role with less defensive responsibility in his own half has been liberating in that respect, and he certainly seems to have more energy than he used to when getting into key positions.
Old 16-05-2018, 05:35 PM

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Plus they have sterling and sane,unless pep plans to play him up top.
100,million,then we will see what happens
Old 16-05-2018, 10:54 PM
Bring Back the Evil Sash

Chas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wilf is on ITV right now. It's some game show, and I have no idea what's going on, but he's got short hair so it must be from quite a while ago.

Last edited by Chas; 16-05-2018 at 11:05 PM.
Old 16-05-2018, 11:13 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas View Post
Wilf is on ITV right now. It's some game show, and I have no idea what's going on, but he's got short hair so it must be from quite a while ago.
I remember that vaguely.

Was indeed a good couple of years ago. Probably not long after he came back.
Old 17-05-2018, 04:14 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by *CPFC* View Post
How I wish the Ivory Coast were in the World Cup - just imagine Zaha ripping the England team apart.....just imagine....
unless your not English then apologies . He’d be the enemy for 90 mins then back to being ours.
Old 17-05-2018, 04:18 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
The canard about his lack of defensive contribution has always particularly grated. When out on the wing he worked tirelessly up and down the line, one minute on the edge of his own area helping out Ward and the next carrying the ball into dangerous attacking positions. Probably his final ball was lacking at times because the poor sod was knackered.

Seeing him in a freer attacking role with less defensive responsibility in his own half has been liberating in that respect, and he certainly seems to have more energy than he used to when getting into key positions.
Bang on the money , under Pardew he was effectively our best fullback at times.
Old 17-05-2018, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Yeah but if we had £50m or so to spend then we have an opportunity to invest well and survive. No one wants him to go but if we get a good fee then it doesn't guarantee relegation.
£50 mill . In today’s insane market he’s worth way more than that imo.
Old 17-05-2018, 09:43 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Holy moly

The talent spotter/scout guy on ssn that picked up wilf said he spotted him when he played for Whitehorse wanderers!

I played for them for a season years and years ago

Only conclusion I can come to is that we have the same footballing pedigree but I chose a different path!

We’re practically brothers