Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 10-11-2006, 05:17 PM
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice Girl

sexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by disco mixx kidd
you can buy a cd mixer for 100 quid easy now-great fun too
Maybe something I could invest in next year.....how do you learn how to do it?

Well let the sun shine on your face
And donít let your life go to waste
Now is the time, got to make up your mind
Let it shine on you, let it shine on you
Old 10-11-2006, 05:18 PM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
playing with Ableton 6, dropped the flying pickets in whacked some jungle drums in, few bleeps, it's proper funny. Clever bit of kit, it syncs everything for you, adjusts pitch etc.

Anyone email me a mp3 of higher state, can I find one of those, can I feck, and I cant be arsed transferring it from vinyl, took me 30 seconds to get the flying pickets mind.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
I remember the days when you could buy a MoS album and half the tracks were ones you'd never heard of before.

Their clubbers guide used to be ace, now its just a case of regurgitated chart hits
I can highly recommend the "For The Love Of House" comp just about to come out.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 10-11-2006, 05:19 PM
Palace chic

kitticat knows where the wild roses growkitticat knows where the wild roses growkitticat knows where the wild roses growkitticat knows where the wild roses growkitticat knows where the wild roses growkitticat knows where the wild roses growkitticat knows where the wild roses growkitticat knows where the wild roses growkitticat knows where the wild roses growkitticat knows where the wild roses growkitticat knows where the wild roses grow
I'm off to spend all my hard earned cash on seedy clubbing and improving my mixing.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Dario
anyone out in Clubland this week?
Might go along to Jamm tonight. Depends how drunk I get with Riccardo.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:22 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

Quote:
Originally posted by Away Day Eagle
SS - I haven't forgot those CDs for you
Good chap!

We might actually manage to hook up at some point!
Old 10-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Palace chic

kitticat knows where the wild roses growkitticat knows where the wild roses growkitticat knows where the wild roses growkitticat knows where the wild roses growkitticat knows where the wild roses growkitticat knows where the wild roses growkitticat knows where the wild roses growkitticat knows where the wild roses growkitticat knows where the wild roses growkitticat knows where the wild roses growkitticat knows where the wild roses grow
Quote:
Originally posted by paf
playing with Ableton 6, dropped the flying pickets in whacked some jungle drums in, few bleeps, it's proper funny. Clever bit of kit, it syncs everything for you, adjusts pitch etc.

Anyone email me a mp3 of higher state, can I find one of those, can I feck, and I cant be arsed transferring it from vinyl, took me 30 seconds to get the flying pickets mind.

I wouldn't even know how to transfer from Vinyl onto disc (or anything for that matter) I would love to record myself to see how I get on.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

Quote:
Originally posted by paf

I MUST have a go on that kit ...
Old 10-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by sexyrazor
Most people learn by themselves, although there are courses.

Basically, you have to try and match the beats together. Sounds easy, but its not that simple. You use the pitch shift on the decks to change the speed of the track you're trying to mix in, whilst listening to the beat of the other track to try and match it up.

I'm still learning, and thats after 3 years of owning decks
Old 10-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

Quote:
Originally posted by kitticat
I wouldn't even know how to transfer from Vinyl onto disc (or anything for that matter) I would love to record myself to see how I get on.
My mp3 player records direct from phono lead source to mp3. Useful if you are a vinyl junkie.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Mashed Up

Dario ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerDario ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerDario ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerDario ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerDario ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerDario ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerDario ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerDario ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerDario ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerDario ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerDario ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chrysler
Quote:
Originally posted by smileysmith
Might go along to Jamm tonight. Depends how drunk I get with Riccardo.
Might be heading to a mates birthday at Egg - Fierce angel V Jet.
Could be interesting!
Got my eagle eye on you.

Quote:
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
Most people learn by themselves, although there are courses.

Basically, you have to try and match the beats together. Sounds easy, but its not that simple. You use the pitch shift on the decks to change the speed of the track you're trying to mix in, whilst listening to the beat of the other track to try and match it up.

I'm still learning, and thats after 3 years of owning decks
Bollocks to matching the beats - the first thing to learn is when to put the record in (i.e. the 16 beat sequencing of dance music).
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by sexyrazor
well i dont have appleton or whatever its called

just get any accapella version of anysong you like and play it over an instrumental bit of any record you like is a great way to start

i love playing have you ever seen an elephant fly from dumbo over funky drummer james brown

you'll love it

or just fade one record out as the other one starts using headphones to queue up :-)

dont scratch for awhile
Old 10-11-2006, 05:26 PM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Quote:
I MUST have a go on that kit ...
you must, it is brilliant, my mate spends all his spare time on it, he's given me a couple of lessons, it's easy to piss about with, but complicated to use properly. Am technoing the pickets, now with acid blips.

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'm 27 am I too young?
Of course not, you're about the right age judging by everyone else on this thread! It seems everyone under 23/24 has been brought up on Garage.

Expect some more middle of the night Youtube findings, if and when I get home tonight. I've just recently stumbled across Underworld Live album on import, it's rekindled my enthusiasm for Born Slippy.
Got my eagle eye on you.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dario
Fierce angel V Jet.
Could very interesting!

Hopefully Jet get killed.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:27 PM
Palace chic

Quote:
My mp3 player records direct from phono lead source to mp3. Useful if you are a vinyl junkie.

Thats good to know, I may purchase one of these, I only have a minidisc!
Old 10-11-2006, 05:27 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

Quote:
Originally posted by paf
you must, it is brilliant, my mate spends all his spare time on it, he's given me a couple of lessons, it's easy to piss about with, but complicated to use properly. Am technoing the pickets, now with acid blips.

Any bootlegs about of it?
Old 10-11-2006, 05:28 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

Quote:
Thats good to know, I may purchase one of these, I only have a minidisc!
Yeah. I bought it so I can record my sets when I play out anywhere.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:29 PM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
omg you have to record your mixes! i still get out old tapes from 20 years ago when we used to go mad with 3 1200's