Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 19-05-2017, 07:16 AM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
I remember sitting in my room at about 5am listening to the game live and posting in this thread. I jumped around at the end and nearly broke my toe on my bed
Old 19-05-2017, 11:17 AM

Joe1905 is just too good for youJoe1905 is just too good for youJoe1905 is just too good for youJoe1905 is just too good for youJoe1905 is just too good for youJoe1905 is just too good for youJoe1905 is just too good for youJoe1905 is just too good for youJoe1905 is just too good for youJoe1905 is just too good for youJoe1905 is just too good for you
Was living in Pattaya at the time. Watched it in a bar on the beach with another Palace fan good times
Old 19-05-2017, 11:25 AM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Watched it in the student union in Huddersfield (Milton Hall back then) with a Palace fan I met during the first leg, and a Huddersfield Town supporting coursemate, who decided to sit between us. Powell's goal went in, and he ended up with both of us wiping him out with arms and elbows everywhere.

There was a table with three Sunderland fans sat at it, who just sunk in their chairs, and two other people paying no attention to the football whatsoever, who just looked at the two of us jumping around in complete bewilderment!

Was sure we'd blown it when Derry missed, then the same when Wayne missed. Had been screaming for Hughes to take the last of the 5 instead of Derry, but still couldn't watch him take it!
Old 19-05-2017, 11:38 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Watched it in the Shirley Inn. Was carnage in there. Not your typical Monday night.
Old 19-05-2017, 01:52 PM

razor1409 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperrazor1409 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperrazor1409 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperrazor1409 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperrazor1409 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperrazor1409 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperrazor1409 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperrazor1409 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperrazor1409 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperrazor1409 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperrazor1409 has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipper
I remember watching the game in the portmanor pub which was jam packed. Absolute pandamonium when we equalised. The resulting extra time and penalties was an exercise in stress management. Great night I think I eventually got home after midnight wife wasn't impressed lol
Old 19-05-2017, 02:33 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Saw the second leg in an Irish pub in Madrid, the only Palace with seven or eight Mackems.
Went bananas when we scored. Bought them a round. Good sorts.
Old 19-05-2017, 03:02 PM
Bring Back the Evil Sash

Chas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Caught a dodgy stream in my dorm's computer lab at a time when dodgy streams were quite rare for BIG matches, let alone a 2nd tier semifinal! Didn't even know Hughes had scored until they were already celebrating. I did see the yellow shirt fly in the air though!

(And I had a different username back then!)

Last edited by Chas; 19-05-2017 at 03:16 PM.
Old 19-05-2017, 05:26 PM

Enfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Radio and sky sports news for the equalizer and beyond

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=LXocmIHoVXM

cpfc - strength in times of unusualness
Old 19-05-2017, 06:12 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Saw the second leg in an Irish pub in Madrid, the only Palace with seven or eight Mackems.
Went bananas when we scored. Bought them a round. Good sorts.
O' Neills or Kilkenny's by any chance, in Sol? Used to frequent them a lot some years ago
Old 19-05-2017, 06:18 PM

East-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Watched it from behind my sofa, didn't really watch the penalties got my mate to give me updates, couldn't take it.
Old 19-05-2017, 06:20 PM

NYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
Watched it in the Shirley Inn. Was carnage in there. Not your typical Monday night.
I hope you didn't wake the local customers with your celebrating.

Used to live in West Way and it was my local for several years.
Old 19-05-2017, 06:21 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
O' Neills or Kilkenny's by any chance, in Sol? Used to frequent them a lot some years ago
No, it was the Triskel in San Vicente Ferrer.
Seen a few in O'Neill's in the past, and some England games as well.
Old 19-05-2017, 06:28 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Seen a few in O'Neill's in the past, and some England games as well.
Me too
Old 20-05-2017, 08:46 PM

99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine99percent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The Cambridge at the Palace a beautiful beautiful night
Old 20-05-2017, 09:15 PM
Fiddling the statistics

Eagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's amazing how upbeat and mostly fair everyone was being on the livecom. Very different from the mid-game rage we see now. Not complaining, just different.
Old 20-05-2017, 09:50 PM

andreworam69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandreworam69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandreworam69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandreworam69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandreworam69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandreworam69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandreworam69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandreworam69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandreworam69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandreworam69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandreworam69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Watched it in the stadium I was only 20 had colours on! Got punched in the face leaving after final whistle looking for the coach home never forget it LOL
Old 20-05-2017, 09:59 PM

EmmerGreenEagle is just too good for youEmmerGreenEagle is just too good for youEmmerGreenEagle is just too good for youEmmerGreenEagle is just too good for youEmmerGreenEagle is just too good for youEmmerGreenEagle is just too good for youEmmerGreenEagle is just too good for youEmmerGreenEagle is just too good for youEmmerGreenEagle is just too good for youEmmerGreenEagle is just too good for youEmmerGreenEagle is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreworam69 View Post
Watched it in the stadium I was only 20 had colours on! Got punched in the face leaving after final whistle looking for the coach home never forget it LOL
I stupidly wore colours that day too. That and Charlton away were not enjoyable experiences. Couldn't wait to get away from Sunderland.
Old 20-05-2017, 10:21 PM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreworam69 View Post
Wasn't quite expecting that when we walked out. Punches were being thrown everywhere with little police presence iirc.

We were very lucky. We stayed at a hotel in Washington and whilst at the bar in the afternoon met a cabbie who was a Sunderland fan who was also staying there. We asked him if he'd take us and pick us up after the game. We already pre-paid him for a return to Newcastle to go out after and tbh after the win we wasn't expecting him to turn up. But as we exited and saw the total disoragnisation outside we quickly saw he was parked in his mini bus right outside the away end. He immediately spotted us and shouted us over to get in. Top top bloke and just thankful he turned up otherwise we'd have been walking the streets of Sunderland trying to find a cab. Needless to say he got a well deserved tip. Funniest part was when he drove over the bridge into Newcastle, undone his window and gobbed out the side because he was entering Newcastle. Apparently many of em do it.