Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I had de la hoya up by 1 point, but it was very close.

www.bensheroestrust.org

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case...
Old 06-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

nottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Well I was captivated by the fight, it was action packed. DLH slowed last couple of rounds and I had Mayweather up by a couple. A fantastic fight. Undercard was a little disappointing - Boom Boom Bautista has to tighten up his defence before he fights for a title, and I don't get the hype that is still around Rocky Juarez - I think he's average.

Off TV - our unbeaten Lightweight John Murray won his 21st fight against a tough, 6-4 fighter. TKO in the 7th.

Our unbeaten welterweight O'Donnell was KTFO in the second round, big upset.

http://www.justgiving.com/allan-williams3
Old 06-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Let it Be

Riccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just watched it.

I think DLH lost the fight in the 10th and 11th.

He let Mayweather get in too many clean punches and didn't show the agression that made him win most of the previous rounds.

Disappointed, but I think it was a fair result.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Old 06-05-2007, 02:40 PM

Slough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Riccardo
Just watched it.

I think DLH lost the fight in the 10th and 11th.

He let Mayweather get in too many clean punches and didn't show the agression that made him win most of the previous rounds.
To be fair to DLH I think age caught up with him, to win against the best which is FM at the moment he needed to go for 12 rounds. I thought when DLH was fresh he looked really good, and his tactics was spot on, FM looked confussed that DLH was catching and roughing him up.
I thought from the beginning of the 9th DLH looked a bit tied, and the short bursts of punches got less and less, FM hit the cleaner punches though.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:56 PM

Johnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fear
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Floyd Mayweather's uncle and trainer says his nephew is unlikely to quit boxing following his defeat of Oscar de la Hoya in Las Vegas on Saturday.
The 30-year-old Mayweather immediately reiterated his intention to retire following his split decision win.

But Roger Mayweather said: "Floyd ain't quitting. Too much of this money will make a dead man walk.

"If I'm Oscar de la Hoya, I'm thinking, 'Why not fight Floyd again? Look at the money we made.'"

De la Hoya, 34, reportedly made £12.5m for the contest at the MGM Grand and Mayweather £5m, and that before pay-per-view revenues have been counted.

If Mayweather does keep his word, he will become only the third fighter in history, after Rocky Marciano and Mexican strawweight Ricardo Lopez, to retire as an undefeated and globally recognised world champion.

Mayweather's mind might be made up by the decision of De la Hoya, who has been told by his business partner and closest confidant Richard Schaefer to go home and give his future careful consideration.

Schaefer said: "Oscar is such a great champion, he gave the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world an amazing fight.

"What he needs to do is get some distance from this fight, and see what he wants to do.

"A great champ like Oscar deserves when he retires for it to be his decision, and his only. If he retires, he does so off a great performance. Oscar has nothing left to prove."

Mayweather's split-decision win may only have been questioned in the most vociferously pro-De la Hoya quarters, but it effectively gives a mandate for another meeting.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

nottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Diego Corrales has died aged 29 in a motorcycle accident. What a fight he has v Castillo two years ago.

RIP Chico.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:07 AM

Icy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by ANDYEAGLE
Yep Oscar lost it in the last third of the fight(just imo) he is past his best at 34. Shame I would have loved him to shut that gobby shite up.

Although Mayweather won the weight certainly is a step too far for him,a younger Dela Hoya would have beaten him.
Mayweather says his retiring,but not sure he will. Like to see Hatton fight him although most think Ricky would get a good hiding.
Id love to see Hatton fight him. DLH troubled PBF in the first 6 rounds blocking off the ring and unleashing. It was only when DLH tired that PBF took control.

Hatton wouldnt tire and wouldnt need to fight in bursts (he's one of the few fighters around that fights the whole 3 mins) although he doesnt have DLH's hand speed.

Cant see PBF agreeing to the fight though.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:57 PM

E15Eagle is playing for a contract
R.I.P Chico

A tall well-built woman with good
reputation, who can cook frogs
legs, who appreciates a good fuc-
schia garden, classical music and tal-
king without getting to serious.

But please only read lines 1, 3, and 5.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Mr Wrong

Great Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Icy
Id love to see Hatton fight him. DLH troubled PBF in the first 6 rounds blocking off the ring and unleashing. It was only when DLH tired that PBF took control.

Hatton wouldnt tire and wouldnt need to fight in bursts (he's one of the few fighters around that fights the whole 3 mins) although he doesnt have DLH's hand speed.

Cant see PBF agreeing to the fight though.
I am worried that Hatton no longer has it in him to go the whole 3 mins like he did against Tszyu. If he did I would still give him a very slim chance of beating Floyd.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

To be honest the only one I think who could beat Mayweather now is Mosley, and he needs to set up a fight within a year.

Old 15-05-2007, 12:12 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
There's talk on Frank Warren about a possible Earl-Thaxton clash, that would be a cracker if it came off. Perhaps Amir Khan, should he dispose of Willie Limond, could fight the winner..
Old 15-05-2007, 12:55 PM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

I would love that triangle to be set up. Those two fights in a row for Khan would really quiet the doubters that he's not going about his career in the right way.

Old 16-05-2007, 10:01 AM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Great Lombardi
I am worried that Hatton no longer has it in him to go the whole 3 mins like he did against Tszyu. If he did I would still give him a very slim chance of beating Floyd.
Thats the theory that Warren has that because of his life style between fights he peaked in the Tszyu fight. Sour grapes? I am not sure,but he could be right. If he performed against Mayweather as he did in the Tsyzu fight he would have a chance. Has he still got that fitness level?
I hope so.
Old 21-05-2007, 12:09 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Sprott-Skelton on the telly Saturday, think Skelton will win on points or late stoppage, hopefully get a world title shot later in the year..

Anyone know who's on the undercard..
Old 21-05-2007, 01:57 PM
Mr Wrong

Great Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Kevin Mitchell and Thomas McDonagh vs Martin Conception is on the undercard.
Old 21-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Keeping The Faith

Cheers!
Old 22-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Mr Wrong

Sprott vs Skelton is off after Sprott picked up a knee injury.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 22-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Keeping The Faith

Oh pants, just cancelled, normally they'd bring in a replacement at short notice, Williams or Harrison can't be in training, or even the Welsh ex British champion who's name escapes me..

Feel bad for Skelton, has had bad luck & now that he's turned 40 time is not on his side..
Old 22-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

After the shite Warren served up last time, I think ITV or himself would have been very wary about sticking Mark Krence or some over village fighter in against Matt.

Apparently he'll be fit to train again in 2 weeks - I'd be very surprised if this wasn't moved to july 7 - hopefully even before!

I guess the next boxing fight now is Hatton-Castillo - I was looking forward to a fight before that!