Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 29-10-2016, 10:52 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
I feel for Andros he was told when we signed him we would play him on the right - Pardew in an interview!

He has struggled more often than not on the left and clearly doesn't feel comfortable out there. If we had of told him he would be played left side constantly I wonderif he would have still signed for us.

He was excellent when he came on for England and that was on the right.
Old 29-10-2016, 11:49 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
I feel for Andros he was told when we signed him we would play him on the right - Pardew in an interview!

He has struggled more often than not on the left and clearly doesn't feel comfortable out there. If we had of told him he would be played left side constantly I wonderif he would have still signed for us.

He was excellent when he came on for England and that was on the right.
He was.

But when he has switched flanks with wilf during the games he hasn't done anything. Imo wilf is a far better player
Old 29-10-2016, 11:52 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Townsend is clearly more effective on the right wing and zaha is by far more effective on the right than when he plays on the left. Everyone knew Townsend played that way. It's where he excelled for Newcastle. I don't blame him for asking to be played in his best position but he's nowhere near as good as zaha imo.
Old 30-10-2016, 02:53 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Townsend is clearly more effective on the right wing and zaha is by far more effective on the right than when he plays on the left. Everyone knew Townsend played that way. It's where he excelled for Newcastle. I don't blame him for asking to be played in his best position but he's nowhere near as good as zaha imo.
Different type of players.

Townsend will cut in, and hit outside crosses swinging out and into the area or much more likely hit a power drive towards goal... Which in reality is usually unlikely to score from.

Wilf on the other hand has his multitude of tricks to play with, work towards the goal and on occasion swing the ball into the area outside to central (ala our second goal today).

I also prefer Wilf. Sadly, we really do seemed to have signed a very good player for a position we already have a top class talent already playing in! Even more sadly we then sold the quality player that suits the other wing nicely on the basis we could take the money and run with those two options! We have the money but we really don't have the ability now, certainly not on two flanks.

If we were an absolute top side who could afford to have such ability in reserve for each position then it would have been fine. Alas we are not and we should/should have ensured we had the right balance.
Old 30-10-2016, 05:39 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Changing the style of play....sell a great left winger...buy a second great right winger and give yourself a problem.... genius!
Old 30-10-2016, 05:46 AM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think Townsend has done OK other than the last three games, I have been happy with him and his performances.

Since he went away with England he has changed attitude
Old 30-10-2016, 06:05 AM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Townsend needs to realise he's a winger. It's his job to take players on. It's endlessly frustrating seeing him shirk this challenge
Old 30-10-2016, 08:23 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
He hasn't been very good so far let's be honest and now -

Pardew: [Townsend] came to see me. He wants to play on the right-hand side. But Wilf was great on the right [against Leicester]

I said on the transfer thread that I had relatively good info he was moody.. seems like instead of knuckling down and proving himself on left is now demanding right wing.
Terrible management Pardew dropping him just because he asked to play on right.
Old 30-10-2016, 08:25 AM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Terrible management Pardew dropping him just because he asked to play on right.
Maybe Townsend had a strop? Townsend needs putting in his place.

He hasnt looked interested last few games, Id seriously consider putting Sako on the left

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 30-10-2016, 08:27 AM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny boy View Post
It's poor management you don't drop a natural winger with pace and good crossing ability for someone who isn't a winger imo.
Oh beat me to it. Well done mate, more intelligent comment from you. Pardew dropping Andros was a disgrace.
Old 30-10-2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
Maybe Townsend had a strop? Townsend needs putting in his place.

He hasnt looked interested last few games, Id seriously consider putting Sako on the left
Why not play Wilf there? His shooting is improving. Another fierce shot yesterday. I'm sick of him creating good opportunities for others and not getting the credit he deserves. He needs to score goals to get the plaudits. Put him on the left and he will be a 10 goal a season player.

As for Sako and Wickham, worrying they can't even get on our bench.
Old 30-10-2016, 08:31 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Waste of money
Old 30-10-2016, 08:31 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Oh beat me to it. Well done mate, more intelligent comment from you. Pardew dropping Andros was a disgrace.
It's a difficult one which I wouldn't call a disgrace. I think Townsend has been shit.. deserving to be dropped.. then he's asked to play where wilf is.. which ain't gonna happen.. my issue is then playing chungy who has no pace and isn't even a winger. If your gonna drop him.. drop him for a winger.. reckon Sako would of done a better job!
Old 30-10-2016, 08:40 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Should have gone for a double swoop for Knockaert along with Hughton as manager.
Old 30-10-2016, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
It's a difficult one which I wouldn't call a disgrace. I think Townsend has been shit.. deserving to be dropped.. then he's asked to play where wilf is.. which ain't gonna happen.. my issue is then playing chungy who has no pace and isn't even a winger. If your gonna drop him.. drop him for a winger.. reckon Sako would of done a better job!
Almost as crazy as having a natural left back on the bench but continuing to play Kelly out of position, which is painful to watch, not to mention unfair on the bloke.

Clueless Pardew.
Old 30-10-2016, 08:46 AM
The Rock

CPFC31 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC31 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC31 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC31 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC31 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC31 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC31 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC31 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC31 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC31 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC31 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He is a bald headed prick. Should of stuck with the toon and their massacre of the Championship.
Old 30-10-2016, 08:46 AM

Gazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He'll be sold in Jan.
Old 30-10-2016, 08:47 AM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Why not play Wilf there? .
Because it means Wilf and Townsend both crossing with the wrong foot.

With Benteke thats not ideal, and I rather play to Bentekes strength and Townsends.

Maybe have a switch over during the game but not the hole match

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 30-10-2016, 08:49 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Remember all of our players have regressed under Pardew so its no surprise that Townsend is in poor form
Old 30-10-2016, 08:54 AM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Remember all of our players have regressed under Pardew so its no surprise that Townsend is in poor form
Regressed how? He was part of a Newcastle side that got relegated before he came here.