Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 21-11-2016, 11:00 AM
'What's for dinner?'

Max_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My problem is that I find it very hard to judge Wilf or Andros on the games so far this season since they spend so much time covering the full backs.

In that little run when we were doing well the full backs were playing well and the wingers had more freedom, and in the last few games they ranged anywhere from suspect (Ward) to absolutely abysmal (Kelly). The only player who got anywhere near Burnley's winner was Wilf and it's usually Ward's job to hang around the half way line.

Having said that, Wilf is still on course to be our player of the season again and Andros has been guff so maybe the fullbacks aren't an excuse.
Old 21-11-2016, 11:08 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
I was saying this yesterday. Seems to have lost some weight... I'd give him a go
Left back or left wing? I think his best position would be playing off Benteke! But for now he could definitely do a job as an emergency left back
Old 21-11-2016, 11:09 AM

Thefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Left back or left wing? I think his best position would be playing off Benteke! But for now he could definitely do a job as an emergency left back
Left wing
Old 21-11-2016, 11:14 AM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I am with GF on this issue. The Townsend criticism is over the top and I don't really understand why. He didn't have a great first half yesterday going forward but this was largely because he spent it defending and up until their first goal he and Kelly had contained things pretty well between them. I don't think he received the ball once in a forward position and at HT I thought that both he and Wilf needed to get into the game in an attacking sense.

The pass back to Kelly was weird/poor and put Kelly into an awkward situation but TBH that situation was recovered and not directly the cause of the goal. We never saw him for the second half and so blowing this into some sort of disastrous performance seems less than reasonable.

Not sure I recognise the poor attitude referenced by some. He does the work from what I can see. He doesn't spend his time waving his hands in the air and whining when he should have been back chasing like some.

He is playing on he left and I don't know why he and Wilf aren't rotating as before because to me they are both more effective when they do so. Wilf made zero impact in the right side in the first half despite looking as if he had the beating of Kolorov. I wonder if this is to do with confusion in our own defence more than anything.

My biggest beef is this constant need to dig out our own players at every occasion. Not once but on every visit. He is picked for England and he gets another round of stick to the point that even the commentators referenced it. Embarrassing that Palace fans respond like that - but I guess that this is the trend. I think up until this week (I haven't checked again) he had put in more crosses than anyone else. Doesn't normally waste the ball (i.e. It goes to a red n blue shirt). Will never catch on huh?
Agree with all of that. He is by far the best crosser at the club.

It's frankly embarrassing to see our own fans digging out our only England player. Sure, Wilf should be in ahead of him, but I do feel for Andros in that he is being judged on performances where he hasn't been playing in his best position. I have always seen him work hard and tracking back. He has been average overall, but certainly not poor and certainly not meriting the kind of criticism he is receiving.
Old 21-11-2016, 11:20 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Or Sako wing back with Wilf on the other side and 3 from 4 of Delaney/Dann/Tomkins and Ward behind them? Would let Wilf and Andros double up on the right, and aid the left/right balance in the team a bit. At the moment teams just target the left back area all game. And get results.

Russia demonization. Akin to 1930's Germany.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 21-11-2016, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
Moving our best performing player to accommodate someone who has thrown a sulk & been largely bang average is madness. But what more do you expect from the BBS.
I've not seen any sulking on the pitch. He has been average (but not poor) so far, playing out of position. Do you not think Wilf could do a job on the left? I've seen him perform well there when his confidence is up, as it is now.
Old 21-11-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Or Sako wing back with Wilf on the other side and 3 from 4 of Delaney/Dann/Tomkins and Ward behind them? Would let Wilf and Andros double up on the right, and aid the left/right balance in the team a bit. At the moment teams just target the left back area all game. And get results.
Agree!
Old 21-11-2016, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Left wing
So where does Puncheon go? Or do you not start Wickham?
Old 21-11-2016, 11:22 AM

Thefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Agree with all of that. He is by far the best crosser at the club.

It's frankly embarrassing to see our own fans digging out our only England player. Sure, Wilf should be in ahead of him, but I do feel for Andros in that he is being judged on performances where he hasn't been playing in his best position. I have always seen him work hard and tracking back. He has been average overall, but certainly not poor and certainly not meriting the kind of criticism he is receiving.

Best crosser yet one assist...

He's been crap.. offered very little in 11/12 games.. just because he is somehow selected for England doesn't make him immune from criticism.
Old 21-11-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
So where does Puncheon go? Or do you not start Wickham?
If we were to play 4-5-1 I wouldn't start Townsend.. I would give sako ago and play punch number 10... if we go 4-4-2 I wouldn't play sako.
Old 21-11-2016, 11:43 AM

Ifill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
On his day Andros Townsend is a game changer. No doubt he has the ability hence why he makes the England squad. He will probably end up with more goals and assists than Wilfried Zaha. The question is not whether he is good enough, rather does he fit into our style of play. He was brought in to give competition to Wilf on the right and has ended up being a replacement for Yannick Bolasie and asked to play on the left.

He has clearly struggled to get into the grove in a number of games, I do question his defensive qualities which is an area of weakness. Which is why playing 3 at the back is not an option for us. I am sure once the team is firing on all cylinders he will produce in the final third of the pitch. That is where Pardew has to get the team to use him.

I did not think Raheem Sterling set the world on fire for citeh either.
Old 21-11-2016, 11:59 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifill Over View Post
On his day Andros Townsend is a game changer. No doubt he has the ability hence why he makes the England squad. He will probably end up with more goals and assists than Wilfried Zaha. The question is not whether he is good enough, rather does he fit into our style of play. He was brought in to give competition to Wilf on the right and has ended up being a replacement for Yannick Bolasie and asked to play on the left.

He has clearly struggled to get into the grove in a number of games, I do question his defensive qualities which is an area of weakness. Which is why playing 3 at the back is not an option for us. I am sure once the team is firing on all cylinders he will produce in the final third of the pitch. That is where Pardew has to get the team to use him.

I did not think Raheem Sterling set the world on fire for citeh either.
He is a game changer but is very frustrating (like most wingers). Interested why you feel 5-4-1 isn't the way to go with our defensive problems on the left hand side of the pitch though. Personally I could see that helping a few players stay in the game (notably Benteke, but also Townsend and Sako).

Russia demonization. Akin to 1930's Germany.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 21-11-2016, 12:02 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
What annoys me about him is he isnt a grafter, he never challenges for any headers and backs away from challenges, just doesnt come accross as palace type player.

Doesnt look happy, get rid imo

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 21-11-2016, 01:14 PM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
Massive disappointment so far, really weak!

Running games for Newcastle, come to palace and looks shit.. sounds familiar
Old 21-11-2016, 01:17 PM
Bearded since 2004.

Dal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He's a great player but he's playing in a poorly performing team and they all lack confidence.

"You won't be listening anyway - you'll be picking your bum or listening to Pulp...'

"Use a plate! I've hoovered in here today, you cock!"

"Don't be a Gay all your life!"

"Does that mean our children will have monkey's skulls?"

"I don't want to inhale your urine!"

"Have you farted into a sponge or something?"

"You absolute pretentious ballsack!"

"You're a hairy, gay, Special Needs tramp!"

"Oh Google your own fat, flabby arse!"
Old 21-11-2016, 01:39 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dal View Post
He's a great player but he's playing in a poorly performing team and they all lack confidence.
Sarcasm? Great player who couldn't get a game at Spurs? I was over the moon when he went to Newcastle and not us because I thought he was a 'problem' character. Lucky us to have then landed him.
Old 21-11-2016, 03:11 PM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dal View Post
Yes but he's not a kid and he's a England international on big money. He needs to take responsibility for himself as he's been more than a bit under par given his quality.

It is madness we blame everyone else for star performances. We should expect more of our stats not less and make excuses. We don't afford the same to youth players, when if anything would need more support from those around.

On iTunes under DGFootball on iTunes Podcast App or here https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...125711476?mt=2

Also on ACAST too:
https://www.acast.com/dgfootball
Old 21-11-2016, 03:14 PM

Hector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Bossing things under Benitez, anonymous under Pardew.
Old 21-11-2016, 03:22 PM

carter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He'll come good..as I said on the Puncheon thread. People saying get rid don't know too much
Old 21-11-2016, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
He'll come good..as I said on the Puncheon thread. People saying get rid don't know too much
I wouldn't get rid but I'm not expecting much more from him. Don't think he is actually all that and never really have done. Average PL winger at best imo