Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: As of 05/02/17 who should be first choice Goalkeeper
1 Julian Speroni 311 26.22%
13 wayne Hennessey 178 15.01%
30 Steve Mandanda 561 47.30%
Another 136 11.47%
Voters: 1186. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2017, 06:43 PM

hulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
I genuinely think we'll be a better side defensively with Jules back in the team so I hope he starts on Saturday and keeps his place.

It really shouldn't have taken an injury for him to regain his #1 spot though. Hennessey has been painfully poor for two seasons and should've been dropped months ago.
Years
Old 12-10-2017, 06:47 PM
Apprentice Critic.

4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Fozzie View Post
Speroni is nothing like as good as he was, but I'm not having the above shite. 'Always one for a flamboyant save'. 'Always glued to his goal line', 'never caught crosses'.

Garbage post.
If the truth is Garbage, then you're right, but I clearly remember both Dann and Delaney (and others) screaming at him in almost every game for not coming off his line and always relying on them to get their heads in the way of crosses. When was the last time you ever saw Speroni come for a cross and take it cleanly? For that matter when was there ever a time he managed to do that? In addition, his distribution and kicking has always been suspect. As I've already said, you and others are letting sentimentality rule your heads.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:55 PM
Apprentice Critic.

4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldrulez View Post
At least on Saturday, we'll get a chance to see one who we know was up to it at some point in time.
If that was half true, wouldn't we have been inundated with approaches from the clubs who were already in the premiership, but not a single one ever did make an approach for him. I wonder why? Neither did he ever get selected for the Argentine team, even when they desperately needed a half decent goalkeeper, although I do think he was half decent. Anyway, lets see how he does when next given the opportunity, but don't go holding your breath.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:55 PM

grand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 cryingOutloud View Post
You didn't see last seasons game V Chelsea then, when Hennessy made countless saves and earned MOM award, not to mention 3 points that most certainly helped to keep us up, or are you just keeping faith with your own bias agenda?
One game! Everyone , however bad , will have one good game now and then, even Calamity Wayne! What about the other 60 where he didnt have a good game??
Old 12-10-2017, 06:58 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Why are people assuming Jules will start on Saturday?

Werner Herzog
Old 12-10-2017, 07:09 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excowboy View Post
Why are people assuming Jules will start on Saturday?
Because he is. Hennessey is injured, hence why the CPFC Twitter has shown zero photos of Goalkeepers in the last 36 hours.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:11 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
You didn't see last seasons game V Chelsea then, when Hennessy made countless saves and earned MOM award, not to mention 3 points that most certainly helped to keep us up, or are you just keeping faith with your own bias agenda?
Genuine question, did he make any saves you wouldn't expect another keeper to have made?

Not saying he wasn't good, he was, but it was as you would expect any top division keeper to have done. He didn't make a world class save, or any unexpected, he simply did everything you would expect, but at volume.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:13 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldrulez View Post
Because he is. Hennessey is injured, hence why the CPFC Twitter has shown zero photos of Goalkeepers in the last 36 hours.
I thought those on International duty weren't expected back until today?
Old 12-10-2017, 07:19 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Quote:
lol, let's forget the performances against Burnley, West Ham, Sunderland .....+++
Old 12-10-2017, 07:20 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Quote:
If the truth is Garbage, then you're right, but I clearly remember both Dann and Delaney (and others) screaming at him in almost every game for not coming off his line and always relying on them to get their heads in the way of crosses. .

Absolute crap....HAHA. Just lies and not even good ones either.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:21 PM

hulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
If that was half true, wouldn't we have been inundated with approaches from the clubs who were already in the premiership, but not a single one ever did make an approach for him. I wonder why? Neither did he ever get selected for the Argentine team, even when they desperately needed a half decent goalkeeper, although I do think he was half decent. Anyway, lets see how he does when next given the opportunity, but don't go holding your breath.
Fulham made a bid when they were PL and we were
Championship and in trouble. He turned then down to stay with us and help us in our hour of need.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 12-10-2017, 09:27 PM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Why do people continue to stick up for a player that's played consistantly bad for over two seasons now? He's ******* horse shite (steaming)

Even if Speroni was gone I don't care who our other keeper is, we just need a change.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:25 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
lets face it, neither are good enough, but we just like one a lot more because he was very good for us for a long time and is a decent guy.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:46 PM

palace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbush View Post
What 'news' is this?

... and 'the majority of supporters'... based on what? The obsessive postings of Worksop and that Jobbi person?
Or maybe based on this vote on preferred first choice keeper:

Julian Speroni 73.26%
Wayne Hennessey 25.40%
Old 12-10-2017, 11:03 PM

johnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by palace4me View Post
Or maybe based on this vote on preferred first choice keeper:

Julian Speroni 73.26%
Wayne Hennessey 25.40%
So we have less than 400 supporters?
Old 12-10-2017, 11:05 PM

palace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbush View Post
So we have less than 400 supporters?
No, but Wayne does.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:53 PM
Apprentice Critic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobiinthelastmi View Post
Why do people continue to stick up for a player that's played consistantly bad for over two seasons now? He's ******* horse shite (steaming)

Even if Speroni was gone I don't care who our other keeper is, we just need a change.
I do believe you've said that at least 50 times on this thread alone. You're like a scratched record.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:54 PM
Apprentice Critic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
lets face it, neither are good enough, but we just like one a lot more because he was very good for us for a long time and is a decent guy.
Oh yeah, that'll win us points!
Old 13-10-2017, 04:38 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
I think you may be missing the point, it is not a question of who people like, the point is that the expected performance level of our 38yo No.2, indeed any No. 2, should be much lower than our supposed No.1, but WH performs so poorly that peeps feel the 38yo No.2 will do better, despite his age
Old 13-10-2017, 06:52 AM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
If the truth is Garbage, then you're right, but I clearly remember both Dann and Delaney (and others) screaming at him in almost every game for not coming off his line and always relying on them to get their heads in the way of crosses. When was the last time you ever saw Speroni come for a cross and take it cleanly? For that matter when was there ever a time he managed to do that? In addition, his distribution and kicking has always been suspect. As I've already said, you and others are letting sentimentality rule your heads.
Making things up about Speroni to try to make Hennessey appear a better keeper. It's like 2015 all over again.