Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 03-11-2017, 11:54 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
I'd be interested to know why you believe that.
id be interested to know why you dont believe that.

Education is available to all.
Jobs for youth (who are good enough) are readily available.
Benefits are available to those who need it
Old 03-11-2017, 12:19 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
id be interested to know why you dont believe that.

Education is available to all.
Jobs for youth (who are good enough) are readily available.
Benefits are available to those who need it
So why is there growing poverty in this country?

Quote:
Justin Watson, the head of Oxfam’s UK programme, said: “There are now more people in poverty in the UK than there have been for almost 20 years and a million more than at the beginning of the decade.”
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Note from that report that a majority of those are from working families.

Education:

Benefit cuts:

Old 03-11-2017, 12:22 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Yes. Never mind the loss of facilities, such as clubs, playgrounds, and parks.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 07-11-2017, 01:52 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Stop-and-search: A BBC reporter's own experience...

A very unhelpful article by the extreme leftwing BBC, when we are seeing record numbers of stabbing and shootings.

searched twice in 4 months in a high crime area........ doesnt sound bad to me?

more searches in these areas rather than low crime areas such as Woodcote or Stoats nest village....... nothing wrong with that?

High violent crime areas predominantly black population and majority of knife attacks involve black people (facts so dont have a go at me) therefore there will always be more searches of black people..

Also, top and search stats available for the public to see.

Not sure what the BBC is trying to achieve, because i think its been proven that stop and search is a useful tool in stopping knife crime.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
So why is there growing poverty in this country?

Note from that report that a majority of those are from working families.

Education:

Benefit cuts:

broken britain. Higher populations and densities will make it worse...its par for the course. Agree the government needs to find ways to improve many factors, but excuses for violent crime are not on. I was poor growing up and lived on a council estate......never been arrested.

Just ONE factor (one of many)...
We have to educate poorer people (somehow) to stop having so many children, when it is clear their circumstances are not set up for providing children with a healthy upringing..
Old 07-11-2017, 02:00 PM

byu the way i got stopped and searched in Purley 10 years ago and im white. It was inconvenient but so be it.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:09 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
We have to educate poorer people (somehow) to stop having so many children, when it is clear their circumstances are not set up for providing children with a healthy upringing..
I agree. Particularly those dark skinned folk.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:33 PM

Pete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Just ONE factor (one of many)...
How many children is too many? How do you arrive at a figure? What happens if poor people go over said figure? Surely the easiest way to stop poorer people having (too many) children is for society to stop having so many poor people.

A living wage would be a good start. Looking into a universal income would be another.

Besides, there are plenty of very wealthy individuals who are awful parents and who raise dysfunctional children. The differences is those children go on to run the country. If you're goinig to invest in educating people it might be better spent on parenthood/life skills/career advice.

Last edited by Pete79; 07-11-2017 at 02:36 PM.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:40 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Stop-and-search: A BBC reporter's own experience...

A very unhelpful article by the extreme leftwing BBC, when we are seeing record numbers of stabbing and shootings.

searched twice in 4 months in a high crime area........ doesnt sound bad to me?

more searches in these areas rather than low crime areas such as Woodcote or Stoats nest village....... nothing wrong with that?

High violent crime areas predominantly black population and majority of knife attacks involve black people (facts so dont have a go at me) therefore there will always be more searches of black people..

Also, top and search stats available for the public to see.

Not sure what the BBC is trying to achieve, because i think its been proven that stop and search is a useful tool in stopping knife crime.
I’ve never been searched in 48 years.

I’d be pretty pissed of if I were stopped and searched twice in four months. How is the article unhelpful?
Old 07-11-2017, 06:06 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
I once got stopped and searched twice within four days on Reigate High Street!
Old 07-11-2017, 06:08 PM
Semper Idem

The Archbishop of York was stopped and searched eight times during his tenure. He never quite knew why, but it's a fact that he is black.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 07-11-2017, 06:40 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
The Archbishop of York was stopped and searched eight times during his tenure. He never quite knew why, but it's a fact that he is black.
Probably the stupid outfit he was wearing and shouting out he was the Bishop of the train, or was that Marty Feldman.

On a more serious note it is a lot to do with how it is done and explained to people. 'I'm sorry sir, this is an area of high knife crime and although this is inconvenient it is a way of discouraging the carrying of knives'. Sadly some police don't always show the public the respect they should do. Having been on the end of special branch searching several times 40 years ago I can see why people feel picked upon.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:43 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
According to official figures you are eight times more likely to be stopped and searched if you’re black.
Old 07-11-2017, 07:01 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
According to official figures you are eight times more likely to be stopped and searched if you’re black.
But then again you are also more likely to be a criminal or a victim of crime or living in poverty if you're black. I sometimes think that statement is not particularly helpful.

It's the manner of the stopping and searching that irritates me. It seems to often be so lacking in courtesy, I am surprised so many black people just take it. Certainly I, as a fat and solvent middle aged white male would have something to say about it if I was spoken to like that.
Old 07-11-2017, 07:04 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Maybe they were getting him mixed up with that Bishop of Durham who liked wanking off farmers in public toilets?
Old 07-11-2017, 07:37 PM
Semper Idem

Different coloured robes.

And skin.

They'd have to be colour blind, which often the police are not.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 07-11-2017, 08:16 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Different coloured robes.

And skin.

They'd have to be colour blind, which often the police are not.
So the Met are 'often' racist, any evidence of this claim? I've no doubt some officers are, but I also think that people claim to have been stopped and searched far more often than they actually are. The police are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:10 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
I've been stopped & searched a few times. Usually it's pretty straightforward. The most bizarre was an anti terrorist section something or other at Charing Cross train station about 10 years ago. The worst was after the Villa away match in the cup (when Lawrence decided to kick Carew twice in the box in the last 10 minutes & we lost 3-1). I got a lift back & the traffic on the motorway to London was dreadful, then after a fightbus home to Blackheath, late, freezing, sober and finally almost at the top of my road a car veers over to my side of the pavement with some bloke leaning out of his window asking "what are you doing mate?"
I assumed it was just some nob so walked around the back of the car to continue heading home when his mate got out of the passenger side & grabbed me. Both were plain clothed rozzer driving an unmarked car, neither immediately informed me that they were police so things escalated before I was eventually cuffed. It was finally made clear that I was being stopped under suspicion of 'going out equipped to steal' as I had a black coat on (HF FTW), it was late & cars had been broken into in the area recently. They seemed to think that my cold hands rammed into my coat pockets as I strode home was a 'bulge' & they were like excited kids as they pulled up my clothes to see what I was concealing only to discover a tshirt & a rippling six pack. This irked them, so I was then subjected to a full search (except bodily excavation). Shoes & socks off, wallet picked through, everything. Once they'd realised their error they became a bit matey & asking me why I was so tense. My wife said that I should complain, but I didn't think anything would come of it and it would be waste of everybody's time.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:17 PM
Got any nuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle View Post
So the Met are 'often' racist, any evidence of this claim? I've no doubt some officers are, but I also think that people claim to have been stopped and searched far more often than they actually are. The police are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Ffs, this is such a daft post it’s barely worth responding to.......

But here we go...the figures come from the police. They’re hardly likely to exaggerate how many black people they stop and search are they?
Old 07-11-2017, 09:20 PM
Got any nuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
I've been stopped & searched a few times. Usually it's pretty straightforward. The most bizarre was an anti terrorist section something or other at Charing Cross train station about 10 years ago. The worst was after the Villa away match in the cup (when Lawrence decided to kick Carew twice in the box in the last 10 minutes & we lost 3-1). I got a lift back & the traffic on the motorway to London was dreadful, then after a fightbus home to Blackheath, late, freezing, sober and finally almost at the top of my road a car veers over to my side of the pavement with some bloke leaning out of his window asking "what are you doing mate?"
I assumed it was just some nob so walked around the back of the car to continue heading home when his mate got out of the passenger side & grabbed me. Both were plain clothed rozzer driving an unmarked car, neither immediately informed me that they were police so things escalated before I was eventually cuffed. It was finally made clear that I was being stopped under suspicion of 'going out equipped to steal' as I had a black coat on (HF FTW), it was late & cars had been broken into in the area recently. They seemed to think that my cold hands rammed into my coat pockets as I strode home was a 'bulge' & they were like excited kids as they pulled up my clothes to see what I was concealing only to discover a tshirt & a rippling six pack. This irked them, so I was then subjected to a full search (except bodily excavation). Shoes & socks off, wallet picked through, everything. Once they'd realised their terror they became a bit matey & asking me why I was so tense. My wife said that I should complain, but I didn't think anything would come of it and it would be waste of everybody's time.
A lucky escape Selhurst. Were the snooker balls up your chuff?