Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 24-10-2017, 01:09 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Rising crime is a problem for all of us, wherever we live, and whatever we think we are doing to reasonably mitigate it. To think otherwise is delusional. And I don't live in an area with significant gang issues or send my kids to schools with gang problems.
Old 24-10-2017, 01:17 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Rising crime is a problem for all of us, wherever we live, and whatever we think we are doing to reasonably mitigate it. To think otherwise is delusional. And I don't live in an area with significant gang issues or send my kids to schools with gang problems.
Yes and no. Easy to say but are our children actually less safe? I am not keen on the idea of certain groups lives meaning less because it's gang on gang. However i am also not keen on living frightened and paranoid when the actual chances of my child being effected haven't significantly increased.

A rising crime rate doesn't necessarily mean that is the case. I would want to see more details and stats to decide. However my everyday experiences suggest that my child isn't significantly less safe. In fact because i do more to mitigate the risk i would say possibly they are safer than I might have been as a child.

Rising crime is a thing that we have responsibility to look at and try and change. However i was responding to your emotional response about your own childrens safety. So it might be unnatural not to worry about your kids but it might also be irrational and disproportionate to worry more.

Last edited by scro; 24-10-2017 at 01:25 PM.
Old 24-10-2017, 01:22 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
I didnít say I donít care... I said living in East Sussex meant I didnít have to worry about my 12yr old daughter getting involved in gang violence in London. Raggy then said me not worrying about my daughter getting involved in the London gang scene is the reason the problem is getting worse.

I have enough worries as a parent without worrying about things that in reality ainít gonna effect me or my family.

If in the future, thereís a gang problem in East Sussex, Iíll then have worries... not major worries... but worries all the same.
I think your first comment was in danger of sounding like the rather concerning trend of dismissing some deaths as "not as concerning" because they are happening to a lesser group of people.

I understand what you mean but also understand why someone may take you to task on it.
Old 24-10-2017, 01:33 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
I think your first comment was in danger of sounding like the rather concerning trend of dismissing some deaths as "not as concerning" because they are happening to a lesser group of people.

I understand what you mean but also understand why someone may take you to task on it.

I said I have sympathy, just not on my list of current worries. I wouldnít expect you to worry about youth unemployment in rural East Sussex, because it doesnít impact you or your family... it doesnít mean I think youíre part of the problem or celebrating the poverty the young face. Iíd be liar if I said gang violence in London causes me any level of stress/worry. I explained I lived in East Sussex... and I was called smug.

Sometimes the BBS is beyond parody.
Old 24-10-2017, 01:52 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes and no. Easy to say but are our children actually less safe? I am not keen on the idea of certain groups lives meaning less because it's gang on gang. However i am also not keen on living frightened and paranoid when the actual chances of my child being effected haven't significantly increased.

A rising crime rate doesn't necessarily mean that is the case. I would want to see more details and stats to decide. However my everyday experiences suggest that my child isn't significantly less safe. In fact because i do more to mitigate the risk i would say possibly they are safer than I might have been as a child.

Rising crime is a thing that we have responsibility to look at and try and change. However i was responding to your emotional response about your own childrens safety. So it might be unnatural not to worry about your kids but it might also be irrational and disproportionate to worry more.
I'm not sure my response was particularly emotional. I think I'm pretty realistic. I live in an affluent area of London, and my kids are in the minority, attending state secondary schools. I worry more for my kids as they get older because they have more freedoms now and are therefore more exposed than they once were, but I wouldn't consider myself to be paranoid.
Old 24-10-2017, 02:17 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure my response was particularly emotional. I think I'm pretty realistic. I live in an affluent area of London, and my kids are in the minority, attending state secondary schools. I worry more for my kids as they get older because they have more freedoms now and are therefore more exposed than they once were, but I wouldn't consider myself to be paranoid.
I think you use emotional language to respond and you specifically reference your own children's safety (what could be more emotional than that?).

"beggars belief"
"Unnatural"
"Worry"
"out on the streets"
"delusional"

All emotional language. I think your response is exactly that and instinctive. I personally doubt whether your kids are any less safe. Difficult to say but i definitely think it's a leap assuming a significantly rising crime rate automatically has an equally significant impact on how safe they are. I would suggest that whilst they aren't immune they are certainly very unlikely to be caught up in gang crime not being in one or around them.

I also don't believe there is an area of london where the majority of children who live there don't go to state school.

Last edited by scro; 24-10-2017 at 02:19 PM.
Old 24-10-2017, 02:28 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
...I also don't believe there is an area of london where the majority of children who live there don't go to state school.
49% of all kids in Ken & Chelsea borough are private schooled (2016/17 Dfe data). Not quite a majority. So there will be areas within it that are probably entirely private but depends hwo you define 'area' I suppose.
Old 24-10-2017, 02:29 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
I think you use emotional language to respond and you specifically reference your own children's safety (what could be more emotional than that?).

"beggars belief"
"Unnatural"
"Worry"
"out on the streets"
"delusional"

All emotional language. I think your response is exactly that and instinctive. I personally doubt whether your kids are any less safe. Difficult to say but i definitely think it's a leap assuming a significantly rising crime rate automatically has an equally significant impact on how safe they are. I would suggest that whilst they aren't immune they are certainly very unlikely to be caught up in gang crime not being in one or around them.

I also don't believe there is an area of london where the majority of children who live there don't go to state school.
We'll have to agree to disagree, then. Unlikely to be caught up in gang related crime, I agree, but it is not postcode restricted, and we do have some experience of it. My kids are all teenagers, and more exposed as a consequence. You can come a take a look in my neighbourhood when the kids from private secondary schools are on holiday. It's like the child catcher has paid a visit.
Old 24-10-2017, 02:31 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think most fears/worries are irrational.
Old 24-10-2017, 02:32 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
49% of all kids in Ken & Chelsea borough are private schooled (2016/17 Dfe data). Not quite a majority. So there will be areas within it that are probably entirely private but depends hwo you define 'area' I suppose.
It is most definitely split north and south of the borough. Do those figures also include all those shipped in to places like the Lycee?
Old 24-10-2017, 04:01 PM

Quote:
We'll have to agree to disagree, then. Unlikely to be caught up in gang related crime, I agree, but it is not postcode restricted, and we do have some experience of it. My kids are all teenagers, and more exposed as a consequence. You can come a take a look in my neighbourhood when the kids from private secondary schools are on holiday. It's like the child catcher has paid a visit.
Where we agree is it's best for society if crime rates are heading in the other direction.

I genuinely don't think your kids are in significantly more danger than we were as kids. For a start many of us on these forums grew up in croydon ;-). Also I think awareness of dangers is much greater, less risks are taken and technology means you can always keep in touch with them wherever they are.
Old 24-10-2017, 04:04 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Where we agree is it's best for society if crime rates are heading in the other direction.

I genuinely don't think your kids are in significantly more danger than we were as kids. For a start many of us on these forums grew up in croydon ;-). Also I think awareness of dangers is much greater, less risks are taken and technology means you can always keep in touch with them wherever they are.
True. Brixton for me. Old bomb and clearance sites for playgrounds.
Old 31-10-2017, 07:09 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Some positive Action!
Old 31-10-2017, 07:17 PM
Banned by Moderators

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The police have been hamstrung by political correctness for years.This has soothed some people's sensibilities but has helped ruin their effectiveness......
Old 31-10-2017, 07:44 PM
Probationary User

mackem_stu1964 is playing for a contract
Met Police are not failing London, they are doing the best with the cuts that they have been hit with. Blame the government not the police, no one can do the same job with less people....
Old 31-10-2017, 08:02 PM
Banned by Moderators

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackem_stu1964 View Post
Met Police are not failing London, they are doing the best with the cuts that they have been hit with. Blame the government not the police, no one can do the same job with less people....
Agree.The Tories always used to be strong on law and order.It seems that isn't the case now I'm afraid..l
Old 31-10-2017, 08:47 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se9 eagles View Post
The police have been hamstrung by political correctness for years.

Are we going to get more of your hard man stories, like the beating in the Pawsons?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 01-11-2017, 07:15 AM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post

Are we going to get more of your hard man stories, like the beating in the Pawsons?
That episode had nothing to do with me or the police.It also happened in the Clifton not the Pawsons.Please get your facts right and stop being such a twat.Not easy I grant you....
Old 01-11-2017, 09:02 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Until people and the authorities stop being so PC and the get stop and search going again this problem will get worse. Its clear the gang issue is getting worse in line with many factors including demographics.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:31 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se9 eagles View Post
That episode had nothing to do with me or the police.It also happened in the Clifton not the Pawsons.....
Oh yes, the Pawsons is where you offer to "meet" people with whom you disagree on the BBS. So easy to get confused, with your manifold stories about you being a Well Ard Guy in South London.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ