Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 15-06-2018, 11:04 AM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Bigger picture says we save £10mill in wages and get say £15mill in transfer fee.

That's got to be a whole lot better than just having fingers crossed that he suddenly becomes the player he was again at Villa four years ago and if he doesn't we get nothing back in 24 months. Even the Benteke of 2016/17 is not up to the level of his team mates under Roy. Now he is one of the least talented players in the match day squad if not the actual least.
Old 15-06-2018, 11:09 AM

TheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
Bigger picture says we save £10mill in wages and get say £15mill in transfer fee.

That's got to be a whole lot better than just having fingers crossed that he suddenly becomes the player he was again at Villa four years ago and if he doesn't we get nothing back in 24 months. Even the Benteke of 2016/17 is not up to the level of his team mates under Roy. Now he is one of the least talented players in the match day squad if not the actual least.
what garbage
Old 15-06-2018, 11:12 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:

No it isn't better than him coming back and scoring. It is also IMO not worth that risk either.

Would you like to suggest the player who will come in and score the number of goals CB has proven in the past he can score?

Benteke scored more goals (excluding penalties) than any player has for Palace in the PL EVER, but that is not up to standard.

You are a weird fella with a weird hatred for the man.
Old 15-06-2018, 11:19 AM
Pant wetting Mavis

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
No it isn't better than him coming back and scoring. It is also IMO not worth that risk either.

Would you like to suggest the player who will come in and score the number of goals CB has proven in the past he can score?

Benteke scored more goals (excluding penalties) than any player has for Palace in the PL EVER, but that is not up to standard.

Chris Amstrong must be close?

Anyhow that is fairly meaningless stat considering.
Old 15-06-2018, 11:24 AM
Pant wetting Mavis

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
In fact Armstrong scored 23 Premier league goals (No pens)

Benteke has scored 18 (maybe 2/3 pens)
Old 15-06-2018, 11:37 AM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Quote:

Bit impolite. Not quite the writings of a rational mind, wouldn't you say? I'll stick with being just "weird".
Old 15-06-2018, 12:11 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
Chris Amstrong must be close?

Anyhow that is fairly meaningless stat considering.
If only we could discover the equivalent player. One of my all time favourites. He never seemed to miss when clear of the oppositions back four.
Old 15-06-2018, 12:13 PM
Lone Coyote

Steve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle View Post
If only we could discover the equivalent player. One of my all time favourites. He never seemed to miss when clear of the oppositions back four.
Jamie Vardy?
Old 15-06-2018, 12:16 PM

Mr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

That's got to be a whole lot better than just having fingers crossed that he suddenly becomes the player he was again at Villa four years ago and if he doesn't we get nothing back in 24 months.
Pretty much agree with all of the first part of your post.
Old 15-06-2018, 01:40 PM

PerthCPFC would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPerthCPFC would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPerthCPFC would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPerthCPFC would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPerthCPFC would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPerthCPFC would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPerthCPFC would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPerthCPFC would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPerthCPFC would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPerthCPFC would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPerthCPFC would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Quote:

100% in first couple of sentences
Old 15-06-2018, 01:53 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerthCPFC View Post
100% in first couple of sentences
Not really though.. as weíd need to spend that again.. and what £15m? Rumour is a loan
Old 15-06-2018, 01:55 PM
Apprentice Critic.

4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

I bought a new car and it was perfect in every way, then as it aged it began to have issues and was costing me big money to maintain, but it used to be so reliable. Anyway, I bit the bullet and traded it in for another new one which is perfect in every way; at least for a couple of years. Are you getting my drift?
Old 15-06-2018, 02:04 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 cryingOutloud View Post
I bought a new car and it was perfect in every way, then as it aged it began to have issues and was costing me big money to maintain, but it used to be so reliable. Anyway, I bit the bullet and traded it in for another new one which is perfect in every way; at least for a couple of years. Are you getting my drift?
I am.

When you sold your car, did you get enough money to buy your new perfect one?

Do you get my drift?

Sometimes it is better to accept your car is not working 100% but maybe after a new clutch, or some other part it can work as well as it did before!

My care was about to never start again. Cost me £30 to put some more urea in it and wahoo it is good again. You are right though i probably should have sold it!
Old 15-06-2018, 02:12 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I am.

Do you get my drift?

Sometimes it is better to accept your car is not working 100% but maybe after a new clutch, or some other part it can work as well as it did before!

My care was about to never start again. Cost me £30 to put some more urea in it and wahoo it is good again. You are right though i probably should have sold it!
#LOADSAMONEY
Old 15-06-2018, 02:16 PM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I am.

Do you get my drift?

Itís not all about transfer fees though, itís about total value of the deal. Benteke cost us £30m apparently for a 4 year contract on around £6m a year in wages. So the accounting has him down for a cost of £13.5m per year for the next two seasons. We could potentially buy someone on his way up the football pyramid for £35m on 75,000 a week and if the contract was over 4 years the accounting would attribute a cost of £12.65m per year which is less than Benteke. He is costing a fortune and severely hampering our ability to change the squad. I donít believe we canít improve on him. I actually think we could spend a lot less than I use in the example above and improve on him.
Old 15-06-2018, 02:21 PM

Crunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The whole argument about selling or keeping him is down to one thing. "IF"

IF he starts scoring goals again we would be mad to sell him. We could replace another man who can score 15 goals a season for £20m

IF we doesn't start scoring soon and fast, we have a dead duck on our hands on 110k+ a week.

Seems like a game of Poker to me. Have we really got a good hand here or are we bluffing.

Personally I would fold early and get rid. It is IMO more likely to go all wrong, than it is getting another pair of Kings.