Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 26-12-2017, 08:53 AM
Arse end of Nottingham.

henryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is here
Concerts You’ve Walked Out Of?

Ones you went to with great anticipation of being entertained but turned out to be dreadful, forcing you to walk?

I went to see Jake Thackray at The Stables in Wavendon. It would’ve been late on in his career - around mid-90s. I loved his stuff. Lyrically so clever, that guttural, gritty delivery and his peculiarly brilliant guitar style.

Unfortunately, things didn’t turn out as I’d expected. He was standing in the bar area with Cleo Laine pre-concert - mingling. He was wearing a blazer, shirt and tie and cream slacks. I was a good ten feet away, so cannot be sure, but it looked like he had a significantly sized wet stain around the flies area, so this rang the first alarm bell, with the concern that he wasn’t shooting straight in the urinals.

The actual performance rang the second one. The guitar sounded out of tune, he was struggling to make it through the songs vocally, and I wondered whether he’d actually get through to the interval, so unsteady was his performance. I just wish I’d seen him in his heyday - late ‘60s/early ‘70s, when he was so brilliant.

The interval came, and then wife and me just had to leave. Being seated not far from the front, I felt guilty about the two empty seats he’d see before him on his return, but I just couldn’t face any more.
Old 26-12-2017, 08:59 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
In May (cup final day)I went to a night of Clash songs by a dub band, presented by Don Letts at XoXo, wasted out after 40 minutes, the biggest pile of toss I've ever had to listen to,
Old 26-12-2017, 09:16 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
When I was 16 I went with some work colleagues to a Roy Chubby Brown gig. I wish YouTube was about then as I'd have had some idea what I was letting myself in for. I thought he was a detestable man who, for the 15 minutes I saw him, didn't make laugh once. I had a much better laugh with the predictably Austailian barman in the foyer when I walked out for the remainder of his set.
Old 26-12-2017, 10:16 AM
Banned by Moderators

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sham 69 back in the day.Anyone who wasn't a skinhead was getting beaten up.....
Old 26-12-2017, 11:16 AM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Kasabian at an iTunes festival at the ICA. Very tedious.
Old 26-12-2017, 11:25 AM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
When I was 16 I went with some work colleagues to a Roy Chubby Brown gig. I wish YouTube was about then as I'd have had some idea what I was letting myself in for. I thought he was a detestable man who, for the 15 minutes I saw him, didn't make laugh once. I had a much better laugh with the predictably Austailian barman in the foyer when I walked out for the remainder of his set.
The guy was a tosser.
Old 26-12-2017, 11:37 AM

bigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We walked out of his show at the Fairfield halls a few years back.His opening line was " are there any in tonight " and just went on from there being as racist as he could. Just part of a group of comics that had their days 30 years ago.
Old 26-12-2017, 11:46 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigGcpfc View Post
We walked out of his show at the Fairfield halls a few years back.His opening line was " are there any in tonight " and just went on from there being as racist as he could. Just part of a group of comics that had their days 30 years ago.
I couldn't believe what I was hearing to be honest, and was more surprised by the people that I went with that were laughing their b0llocks off.
Old 26-12-2017, 11:48 AM

sloworm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesloworm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesloworm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesloworm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesloworm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesloworm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesloworm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesloworm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesloworm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesloworm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesloworm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Faust at the Colliseum (free tickets)
All in Latin so no clue what was happening
Was close to going when hands were coming out of filing cabinets
But the final below was a German Soldier getting out of the boot of a Funeral Hearse !!
WTF Taxi !!!
Old 26-12-2017, 12:12 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Tricky doing MaxinQuaye a few years ago at the O2. He'd forgotten most of the words.

Werner Herzog
Old 26-12-2017, 12:15 PM

Tim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigGcpfc View Post
I saw Bernard Manning about a year before he died. He was shuffling about on stage & looked like he might keel over at any minute. I was surprised how he handled the racist jokes. Everyone knew what was coming & there was a table of black guys cracking up with laughter. He did it in an almost apologetic way & it didn’t come across as nasty or malicious as strange as that might sound.
Old 26-12-2017, 12:51 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
TBF. I never found those comedians funny back in their hey day. I quite liked Davidson way back then. We saw Jimmy Jones ??? at the Fairfield in the 90s. Dreadful.
Old 26-12-2017, 01:16 PM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I remember going to a UBS corporate bash at the Serpentine, Hyde Park back in the early 2000s. The room was full of white bankers cracking up at host Lenny Henry's 'jokes' about black people. I didn't hang around to the finish.
Old 26-12-2017, 02:38 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
The Dave Matthews Band at Shepherds Bush.....bloody awful.
Old 26-12-2017, 02:53 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Soul II Soul - Brixton.

I suspect it was blooming excellent. But I had one of my craziest days ever on that day.
And I regret it to this very day.

It was a Saturday, and a mate and I decided to go to Spurs away. This was at a time when you normally could just show up to games. We got there and a police officer told us the Palace end was full. We walked around intending to go in the Spurs end. The same copper caught up with us and told us we would be arrested if we didnt feck off.

We fecked off, and decided to be bus and pub wankers for the rest of the day. We got on a bus and when we saw an interesting looking pub we got off and went for a pint. From Tottenham to Brixton. I think Palace won that day or at least got a draw which meant we had to drown our sorrows.

At Brixton my mate toddled off home and I met up with my cousin and her boyfriend, and a lovely lady that my cousin had brought along for me. I was in a happy place, at least 8 pints to the good (probably a couple more). We went to the concert, and there was a cracking atmosphere of all kinds. At some point my alcohol and ganga fueled self went for a little sleep in one of the toilet cubicles. I kind of remember stumbling out of the venue, and my next memory was waking up on my bed the next day.

I still had all my stuff, plus said lovely ladies handbag. No mobile phones back then, so hugely apologetic phone call to my cousin to arrange return of handbag.

For a bloke who couldnt get laid, or find a girlfriend, I really fecked up.

Alternatively, getting home unscathed in that state from Brixton to Broad Green, at around 11pm/12am on a Saturday night must be one of my crowning achievements.
Old 26-12-2017, 03:17 PM

leeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleeeooooh2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
In May (cup final day)I went to a night of Clash songs by a dub band, presented by Don Letts at XoXo, wasted out after 40 minutes, the biggest pile of toss I've ever had to listen to,
Do you like Dub? I really enjoyed it.
Old 27-12-2017, 08:53 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeeooooh2 View Post
Do you like Dub? I really enjoyed it.
Dub Spencer and Trance Hill do great dub versions of Clash stuff.
Old 27-12-2017, 01:06 PM

ceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Gladys Knight at the Royal Albert Hall a couple of years back. The delay on the speakers was so crap we walked out after two songs and went and got pissed at a Lebanese restaurant on the Edgware Road.
Old 27-12-2017, 01:28 PM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Soul II Soul - Brixton.

I suspect it was blooming excellent. But I had one of my craziest days ever on that day.
And I regret it to this very day.

It was a Saturday, and a mate and I decided to go to Spurs away. This was at a time when you normally could just show up to games. We got there and a police officer told us the Palace end was full. We walked around intending to go in the Spurs end. The same copper caught up with us and told us we would be arrested if we didnt feck off.

We fecked off, and decided to be bus and pub wankers for the rest of the day. We got on a bus and when we saw an interesting looking pub we got off and went for a pint. From Tottenham to Brixton. I think Palace won that day or at least got a draw which meant we had to drown our sorrows.

At Brixton my mate toddled off home and I met up with my cousin and her boyfriend, and a lovely lady that my cousin had brought along for me. I was in a happy place, at least 8 pints to the good (probably a couple more). We went to the concert, and there was a cracking atmosphere of all kinds. At some point my alcohol and ganga fueled self went for a little sleep in one of the toilet cubicles. I kind of remember stumbling out of the venue, and my next memory was waking up on my bed the next day.

I still had all my stuff, plus said lovely ladies handbag. No mobile phones back then, so hugely apologetic phone call to my cousin to arrange return of handbag.

For a bloke who couldnt get laid, or find a girlfriend, I really fecked up.

Alternatively, getting home unscathed in that state from Brixton to Broad Green, at around 11pm/12am on a Saturday night must be one of my crowning achievements.
I wouldn't worry too much i saw them this summer and they were a bit disappointing. Jazzy B was up his own backside.

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 27-12-2017, 01:29 PM

Bizarro has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bizarro has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bizarro has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bizarro has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bizarro has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bizarro has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bizarro has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bizarro has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bizarro has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bizarro has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Bizarro has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Paul Weller at the Brighton centre about 20 years ago, it was really dull so me and my mate went to the pub leaving our girlfriends there.