Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 27-09-2018, 07:26 PM

CamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not sure anyone could have predicted how abysmal Middlesex's batting would be this year - highest average was 35 by Eskinazi who couldn't manage a single hundred. Fraser really screwed up getting rid of Compton as he was the only batsman with any ability to apply himself but Gus's shit doesn't seem to stink over at Lords!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE View Post
Yes. But that was before we signed Morne Morkel We struggled last season with probably the best batsman in the world. If you can't get teams out you don't win games. Morkel changed all that.

Great game at the Oval to finish the season and we nearly pulled off the impossible. Well done Surrey and I will be looking forward to next season and the visit of Kent.

ps I also said Middlesex would piss the 2nd Div and 2-1 was a great bet.
Look how that turned out.
Old 27-09-2018, 09:28 PM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
The first page makes very funny reading. I don't think anyone back then thought Rashid would play in the India test series.

I did say that Morkel would do well for Surrey and I was right. Hopefully he did learn his way around the ground.

It has been a good season including close finishes and the first tie in 15 years, Kent returning to Divison One, Surrey being dominant and walking away with the Division One title convincingly, a great T20 finals day with Worcestershire winning for the first time and many other moments in all forms of the game. There is nothing in sport that matches first class and test cricket for excitement over a long period of time.

Most teams need to work on the batting over the winter as many sides have been bowled out for low scores and a lot of games have finished in two or three days.

I don't see the winter being dull with a lot of work deciding the new format of the 2020 season and beyond. Firstly I think the counties were today voting on the new championship format of 10 teams in Division One and eight in Division Two. Presumably we will hear what happened in that vote very soon. We will probably hear what is planned for the One Day Cup and if any minor counties will be invited. Lastly we will find out how matches in the hundred will work and in early 2019 we find out what extraordinary team names they will come up with. Not that it matters to us because we are not the target audience.

Sadly I haven't been able to watch at grounds as much as I would have liked this year hopefully I can watch more in future years. It has been good watching some of the online streams and having them on in the background at times. Hopefully Kent can start doing one.

Thank you to everyone it's always great reading and posting in this thread.
Old 30-09-2018, 03:13 PM

cranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCPFC View Post
Warwickshire have won Division Two. They beat us by an innings and 34 runs. Well done to them, they have been top for most of the season.

It's been a good season reaching the One Day Cup final, getting a home T20 quarter final and most importantly getting promoted in the championship.

I think almost everyone on this thread for various reasons ends the season happy.
Been a great year for Kent. We've choked too often recently but for me, though we're second, this is the big one for me
Old 09-10-2018, 08:02 PM

cappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Root Junior has left Notts for Glamorgan