Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 20-11-2018, 02:08 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Albums of the Year 2018

As we get towards the end of the year, end of year lists start to come out. I'm still sorting mine as there's still stuff I need to give more of a listen to.

My list will also be shorter than in the past as i've been listening to a lot more podcasts this year. That and since I finally got Spotify, i've been listening to a lot more older stuff, so newer music has taken a little bit of a back seat.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 21-11-2018, 11:44 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
The Nurses - Mood music in a jugular vein
The Breeders - All Nerve
The Brian Jonestown Massacre - Something Else

SaulAlinsky

Last edited by weltklasse; 21-11-2018 at 02:30 PM.
Old 21-11-2018, 12:14 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
The Mottingham Skin Flutes - Music for Trendies.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 21-11-2018, 02:03 PM

Eli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Interpol - Marauder
Manic Street Preachers - Resistance Is Futile
Gabe Gurnsey - Physical
Underworld & Iggy Pop - Teatime Dub Encounters
Johnny Marr - Call The Comet
Old 21-11-2018, 02:05 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
I don’t remember it being a great year for new albums.

Off the top of my head though, and sure I’ve missed a couple.

Let’s Eat Grandma (Probably y album of the year).
Robyn
How To Dress Well
Murkage Dave
Ben Howard
Arctic Monkeys
Intepol
Young Fathers
David Byrne
Idles
Christine and The Queens (Girlfriend is probably my track of the year)
Old 21-11-2018, 02:36 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Well, the Suede album The Blue Hour is my personal favourite. Very special. But there have been a few decent ones. Arctic Monkeys I enjoyed, even if it was very different. Muse was alright, Orbital was disappointing, Prodigy was decent and I'm sure there was an excellent Aphex Twin release (if I can count EPs?).

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/will-swain
Old 21-11-2018, 05:53 PM
wasteman

Ov. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Beach House for me, however I haven’t listened to much new music this year so this thread will act as a good list of albums to catch up on.
Old 21-11-2018, 09:06 PM

Bizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
2 great albums released this year, Idles just about shade it
Idles Joy as an act of resistance
Shame songs of praise
Old 21-11-2018, 09:52 PM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Idles for band of the year.
Teleman - Family of Aliens for album of the year.
Old 21-11-2018, 11:33 PM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think i still need to check some albums out including Teleman and Beach House but so far

Suede
White Denim
The Spitfires
Rival Consoles
Jon Hopkins
The Slow Readers Club
Chvrches
The Vyrll Society
Underworld EP

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 22-11-2018, 07:35 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
I forgot about Chvrches. That was very good too.
Old 22-11-2018, 04:59 PM
Make things happen

furzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
love; Idles, Amen Dunes, Cloud Nothings, Mastersystem, Tiny Moving Parts

like; Courtney Barnett, C.Diab, Hop Along, Ought, Jeff Rosenstock, Shame, TVAM, We were promised jetpacks, ash, jon hopkins
Old 22-11-2018, 06:38 PM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by furzy85 View Post
love; Idles, Amen Dunes, Cloud Nothings, Mastersystem, Tiny Moving Parts

like; Courtney Barnett, C.Diab, Hop Along, Ought, Jeff Rosenstock, Shame, TVAM, We were promised jetpacks, ash, jon hopkins
Amen Dunes is a good shout. Ive been wracking my brains trying to think who they sound like, particularly Time.

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 23-11-2018, 12:24 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
I'm eagerly awaiting the new Earl Sweatshirt album before I finish my list.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 27-11-2018, 02:48 PM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post

Off the top of my head though, and sure I’ve missed a couple.

Let’s Eat Grandma (Probably y album of the year).
Robyn
How To Dress Well
Murkage Dave
Ben Howard
Arctic Monkeys
Intepol
Young Fathers
David Byrne
Idles
Christine and The Queens (Girlfriend is probably my track of the year)
Rock and Indie albums have been few and far between, Hip Hop however has been filled with great album after great album.
Old 28-11-2018, 09:34 PM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
6 Music have done their list & chosen Idles, Joy as an act of Resistance as their album of the year.

Complete list; To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 29-11-2018, 12:56 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Definitely Suede is up there for me. Sadly I have forgotten every other new album that I've listened to this year.

checking through spotify to jog my memory.

I liked Confidence Man too.
Old 30-11-2018, 09:58 AM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
I'm eagerly awaiting the new Earl Sweatshirt album before I finish my list.
This slides straight into my top 10 easily
Old 30-11-2018, 10:06 AM
Pills wont help you now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy64 View Post
Amen Dunes is a good shout. Ive been wracking my brains trying to think who they sound like, particularly Time.
It's David Gray

Old 07-12-2018, 12:13 PM
Resurrection!

Baloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Albums of the Year 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post

Howdy all, long time no see.

I couldn’t disagree more with Tomo’s comment. I think it’s been an absolutely brilliant year for new albums.

My list is below, including a real mix of indie, shoegaze, dream-pop, folk-pop, rock and even straight-up pop (very un-Baloo-like).

It’s definitely been a year for the girls - 15 of the top 20 have female singer.

Check a few out, if you haven’t already!

Albums of the year 2018

1. Hop Along – Bark Your Head Off, Dog

2. Lucy Dacus - Historian

3. Foxing – Nearer My God

4. Let’s Eat Grandma – I’m All Ears

5. Say Sue Me – Where We Were Today

6. Soft Science - Maps

7. Sunflower Bean – Twentytwo in Blue

8. Oxy - Fita

9. Melody’s Echo Chamber – Bon Voyage

10. US Girls – In a Poem Unlimited

11. Our Girl – Stranger Today