Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 09-11-2003, 05:18 PM

Location: Skibbereen / Schinken/ Trá Lí/ an Aerbus / But I'm still behind Stav.
JohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by westsussexeagle

Great match. However as Woodward said if we play like that against the French we'll get buried. For me the French are the form team at the moment and I wish I'd backed them a few weeks ago.
Sadly true - as they decimated Ireland this morning.

France NZ final anyone?

Which is strange for me to post for months I thought England NZ final.

England & Ireland had good 6 nations. In England's case a splendid one, both played well in tests since. However, it seems as though timing hasn't worked out for them. Woodward is an excellent coach & England are World class with strength in depth - so maybe he can turn it around. He's certainly aware of the problems & is more than capable of fixing them.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:00 PM
Searching the Holy Grail

selhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsselhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsselhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsselhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsselhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsselhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsselhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsselhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsselhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsselhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsselhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls

1 But winning rugby matches is. In the second half denied ball for long periods Wales resorted to foul play in an only option to get it back. Sorry. but if you do that especially against a team with Wilkinson in it, you will get punished.

This is it. Every time England got into the Welsh half, Wales gave away a penalty. If you don't want to lose to kicks don't give the penalties away. Kickable chances were 8-2 in England's favour and that is a fair reflection of the game. The onus is totally on the defence not to give away the penalties not the other way around.

2 I think Wales have much to look forward to, certainly compared to where they were at the end of last season's 6 Nations. I'm disagreeing with SPF again - quelle surprise!

For anybody who wishes to place a bet on Wales against England at Twickenham next year, my wallet is open.

Great match. However as Woodward said if we play like that against the French we'll get buried. For me the French are the form team at the moment and I wish I'd backed them a few weeks ago.

We do agree here. I noted them at 12-1, 9-1 and even at 4-1 they look a mighty good bet. If they do beat England they have probably the best record of any side against the All Blacks.
Old 09-11-2003, 07:25 PM

daz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If we'd played like Wales and got the result Wales got (lost) we'd have been slaughtered. But Wales get immense credit. I hate all this sucking up to the other home nations in the British/English! media.

It's like whenever Scotland lose a football match, they're 'brave' when what they really were is second rate.

Come on England!!!
Old 09-11-2003, 07:35 PM
Upper Norwood Exile

PalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS Murray
Quote:
Originally posted by Ruskin Old Boy
(Whenever I feel like I'm becoming a miserable old git I read PFIA's latest posts and feel much better - there's someone way ahead of me - sorry PFIA, Wales scored 4 tries against the Kiwis, 3 against England so why not give them a bit of credit instead of being so mealy mouthed)
OK they are the best team in the world and should have beaten England by 50 points. Now back to reality, they lost because they lost their way in both games and when it mattered they could not do it, sorry facts are facts or as you have stated "facts are being mealy mouthed"
The Nations will be never be the same without a good Welsh team
You cannot honestly believe that they deserve to be in the top 6 teams in the world? England still are one of the best 2 teams in the world and as yet have not performed to that lelvel, only France has performed at or above their position in the World Rankings.

Last edited by PalaceFan in Alabama; 09-11-2003 at 07:39 PM.
Old 09-11-2003, 07:59 PM
Slowing Down Member

westsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by PalaceFan in Alabama
OK they are the best team in the world and should have beaten England by 50 points. Now back to reality, they lost because they lost their way in both games and when it mattered they could not do it, sorry facts are facts or as you have stated "facts are being mealy mouthed"
The Nations will be never be the same without a good Welsh team
You cannot honestly believe that they deserve to be in the top 6 teams in the world? England still are one of the best 2 teams in the world and as yet have not performed to that lelvel, only France has performed at or above their position in the World Rankings.
I'd make 2 points.

1 You not the facts are being mealy mouthed and while ROB is quite capable of sticking up for himself and probably will do I thought I'd make the point anyway.

2 Why can't you 'honestly believe that they deserve to be in the top 6 teams in the world'? They reached the quarter finals so that makes them top 8. They narrowly lost to New Zealand in their Group whereas the All Blacks thrashed South Africa. So I make that top 7. They then narrowly (and it was narrow) lost to England who you claim are one of the top 2 teams (the other I assume being New Zealand although I'd argue that France are way in advance of England at present) and France stuffed Ireland so Wales must on that logic be better than Ireland. Top 6 - QED mate and I didn't even have to mention the Scots!
Old 09-11-2003, 08:18 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Now back to reality, they lost because they lost their way in both games and when it mattered they could not do it, sorry facts are facts or as you have stated "facts are being mealy mouthed"
Misquoting me as well ... are you Dubya in disguise?

Just in case you missed it this is it

why not give them a bit of credit instead of being so mealy mouthed

large-print
Old 09-11-2003, 10:48 PM
Upper Norwood Exile

PalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS Murray
If you are happy with losing two games that they could have won then so be it. You are letting you support of CPFC colour your judgement. When they beat someone then they will deserve the CREDIT.
Now as for being ranked above SA, Ireland Samoa & Argentina, I beg to differ, but that is why we post on threads like this or life would be very dull.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:55 PM
Upper Norwood Exile

Quote:
Why can't you 'honestly believe that they deserve to be in the top 6 teams in the world'? They reached the quarter finals so that makes them top 8. They narrowly lost to New Zealand in their Group whereas the All Blacks thrashed South Africa. So I make that top 7. They then narrowly (and it was narrow) lost to England who you claim are one of the top 2 teams (the other I assume being New Zealand although I'd argue that France are way in advance of England at present) and France stuffed Ireland so Wales must on that logic be better than Ireland. Top 6 - QED mate and I didn't even have to mention the Scots!
You mention LOGIC since when has that got anything to do with World rankings in sports.
I really enjoyed this
Quote:
They then narrowly (and it was narrow) lost to England
So now we should be on top of the world when the team we are supporting lose NARRORLY, you are joking of course; what is the point in being second best? I do not think you will find very many Welshmen happy with the result of a game they could have won.

Last edited by PalaceFan in Alabama; 09-11-2003 at 10:58 PM.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:03 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Fact is the four teams people expected to get to the semis are there. Perhaps Wales will use their performances as a stepping stone to improvement or perhaps they will get beaten by Italy in the six nations, lets see.

Its up to the England players now.
Old 10-11-2003, 09:10 AM
No Islands in This Desert

welshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm not going to get into any slanging matches or RWC predictions for 4 years time but I thought we played well and threw the match away with stupid mistakes. BUT the World stood up and looked at a country that everybody had written off as no hopers and expected to get hammered by several countries. Thanks for the memories Wales, now COME ON THE ALL BLACKS!!!
Old 10-11-2003, 07:16 PM
Slowing Down Member

westsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
You mention LOGIC since when has that got anything to do with World rankings in sports.
I really enjoyed this

So now we should be on top of the world when the team we are supporting lose NARRORLY, you are joking of course; what is the point in being second best? I do not think you will find very many Welshmen happy with the result of a game they could have won.
The Welsh will not be happy but I reckon they'll be proud of their team's performance. No one likes losing particularly, although as a Palace supporter for 40+ years I've kind of got used to it.

However you seem to be mixing things up - if we are talking top 6 or 8 or whatever then that implies a ranking order which implies some teams will be better than others which implies that teams will beat other teams. Still if you are adamant that Wales wouldn't make the top 6 then let us hear your top 6 and perhaps while you are at it you can tell us where you feel Wales would be in the 'illogical' world rankings!?