Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 30-05-2002, 04:37 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Second Test, Edgbaston

Rain delays Edgbaston TesT - which is a bit of a pain - I'm getting a TV set up on my desk after lunch and nothing to watch

Old 30-05-2002, 04:49 PM
Grand Theft Walrus

wombat has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatwombat has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatwombat has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatwombat has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatwombat has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatwombat has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatwombat has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatwombat has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatwombat has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatwombat has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatwombat has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
lovely, an afternoon napping to the sound of willow on leather
Old 30-05-2002, 04:50 PM
Orange Member

AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969
Quote:
Originally posted by wombat
lovely, an afternoon napping to the sound of willow on leather
and leather on head, hand, stumps, umpire groin
Old 30-05-2002, 05:23 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
After heavy rain at the start of the morning, play is due to start at 1340 BST and Sri Lanka will bat first after England captain Nasser Hussain won the toss and elected to bowl first
Old 30-05-2002, 05:25 PM
Tubby Member

King Tubby knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!King Tubby knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!King Tubby knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!King Tubby knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!King Tubby knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!King Tubby knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!King Tubby knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!King Tubby knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!King Tubby knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!King Tubby knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!King Tubby knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
nice damp conditions, lets see if Hoggard and Caddick can get stuck into them!
Old 30-05-2002, 08:10 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
I forgot about the cricket, damn. Have they started play yet?
Old 30-05-2002, 08:14 PM

Dreamer will leave the TV and the radio behindDreamer will leave the TV and the radio behindDreamer will leave the TV and the radio behindDreamer will leave the TV and the radio behindDreamer will leave the TV and the radio behindDreamer will leave the TV and the radio behindDreamer will leave the TV and the radio behindDreamer will leave the TV and the radio behindDreamer will leave the TV and the radio behindDreamer will leave the TV and the radio behindDreamer will leave the TV and the radio behind
Sri Lanka are 108 for 6.

We won the toss.
Old 30-05-2002, 08:14 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Sri Lanka, 108-6. Englands bowlers on top form. Hoggard has three wickets.
Old 30-05-2002, 08:16 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Yeah I forgot as well. Going to Edgbaston Saturday, nice day forecast. Its always full of Bluenoses though and they will be celebrating all things Premier and Judas Bruce.

In a group of 25, supporting a veritable myriad of footie teams. Great banter. 2 Blues, 2 WBA, about 6 Forest, 3 Notts County, a Leeds, a Villa, a Millwall, a Cardiff, and little Ol' me. Hope theres no Moan Utd etc.
Old 30-05-2002, 08:18 PM
Guns of Navarone

GUCCI Eagle GUCCI Eagle GUCCI Eagle GUCCI Eagle GUCCI Eagle GUCCI Eagle GUCCI Eagle GUCCI Eagle GUCCI Eagle GUCCI Eagle GUCCI Eagle
For ****sake, they're doing well and it's not on ******* chanel 4. I'm bored out of my ******* tits waiting for the ******* World Cup to ******* start and I can't even lay in ******* bed all day to watch the ******* cricket. They should line Murdoch and his ******* cronies up against a wall and ******* shoot them, or at least tell them in an assertive manner that they are, in no uncertain terms, a rotten bunch.
"The West Stand has a reputation as a party area and we've got to break that. We've put together a series of measures to ensure that those people who want to watch cricket are not disrupted by those who are simply there to have a good time"The Times, back page, Wed 5 Aug 2009
Old 30-05-2002, 08:20 PM
I'm watching you

Good afternoon Gucci. I am glad all is well with you.
Old 30-05-2002, 08:27 PM
Guns of Navarone

GUCCI Eagle GUCCI Eagle GUCCI Eagle GUCCI Eagle GUCCI Eagle GUCCI Eagle GUCCI Eagle GUCCI Eagle GUCCI Eagle GUCCI Eagle GUCCI Eagle
I'm ******* seething. The other day Big Brother was on and I watched a bloke reading a magazine in complete ******* silence for 25 ******* minutes because there was nothing else on the ******* box. If they can put that pile of ***** on for the OK magazine loving ***** of this country, why can't they get their hands out of their ******* arses to put the cricket on for honest people like me. It's a ******* travesty I tell you.
"The West Stand has a reputation as a party area and we've got to break that. We've put together a series of measures to ensure that those people who want to watch cricket are not disrupted by those who are simply there to have a good time"The Times, back page, Wed 5 Aug 2009
Old 30-05-2002, 08:31 PM
I'm watching you

Young man, I do believe you need a Mahou, or ten. LOL
I am going to a bar, to watch the last session.
Old 30-05-2002, 09:02 PM
Tubby Member

King Tubby knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!King Tubby knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!King Tubby knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!King Tubby knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!King Tubby knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!King Tubby knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!King Tubby knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!King Tubby knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!King Tubby knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!King Tubby knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!King Tubby knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
Quote:
Originally posted by King Tubby
nice damp conditions, lets see if Hoggard and Caddick can get stuck into them!
Three wickets each!! wahoo!
Old 30-05-2002, 09:05 PM
Really quite reasonable

Grunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by King Tubby

Three wickets each!! wahoo!
Three? I only see two on the BBC scorecard for Hoggard.

Certainly would like you to be right on this one.
Old 30-05-2002, 10:51 PM
Tubby Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GUCCI Eagle
I'm ******* seething. The other day Big Brother was on and I watched a bloke reading a magazine in complete ******* silence for 25 ******* minutes because there was nothing else on the ******* box. If they can put that pile of ***** on for the OK magazine loving ***** of this country, why can't they get their hands out of their ******* arses to put the cricket on for honest people like me. It's a ******* travesty I tell you.
Don't sky have the live coverage for this test?
Old 30-05-2002, 10:52 PM
Tubby Member

Series I mean, not test.
Old 30-05-2002, 10:57 PM
Really quite reasonable

Grunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I can't believe we just bowled them for 162.

Good going.

That sets us up for a spectacular 1st innings batting collapse - classic stuff.
Old 30-05-2002, 10:58 PM
Tubby Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Grunt

Three? I only see two on the BBC scorecard for Hoggard.

Certainly would like you to be right on this one.
You're quite right, I got that from the sky scorecard (when will I learn?)

Here's the scorecard in its entirety

Sri Lanka 1st innings R B 4 6
MS Atapattu c Stewart b Hoggard 13 30 1 0
*ST Jayasuriya c Stewart b Caddick 8 24 1 0
+KC Sangakkara c Stewart b Flintoff 16 42 1 0
DPMD Jayawardene c Flintoff b Caddick 47 60 7 0
PA de Silva c Trescothick b Hoggard 10 12 2 0
HP Tillakaratne lbw b Tudor 20 53 3 0
RP Arnold c Flintoff b Caddick 1 13 0 0
WPUJC Vaas not out 19 48 3 0
DNT Zoysa c Hoggard b Tudor 0 4 0 0
TCB Fernando not out 6 20 0 0
Extras (b 1, nb 9) 10
Total (8 wickets, 49.3 overs) 150

Stewart's made his 200th Test catch, and our young bowlers have done superbly, especially glad to see Tudor getting wickets, and Hoggard.

Looking good so far!
Old 30-05-2002, 10:58 PM
Really quite reasonable

Does sound like apart from Caddick the bowling was a bit lucky though.