Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 16-06-2003, 04:10 PM
bloody old fool

RtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipper
Nice setting, well organised and a good view (as a guest) from the Kent supporters club tent.Good crowd, not a bad game for a neutral.
Particularly liked the christening of one bowling end as the "Crystal Palace End" as that part of the ground backs onto the training ground off Copers Cope road.
Old 16-06-2003, 08:11 PM
Dirty Docker

Dai the Swansea Eagle knows where the wild roses growDai the Swansea Eagle knows where the wild roses growDai the Swansea Eagle knows where the wild roses growDai the Swansea Eagle knows where the wild roses growDai the Swansea Eagle knows where the wild roses growDai the Swansea Eagle knows where the wild roses growDai the Swansea Eagle knows where the wild roses growDai the Swansea Eagle knows where the wild roses growDai the Swansea Eagle knows where the wild roses growDai the Swansea Eagle knows where the wild roses growDai the Swansea Eagle knows where the wild roses grow
Thoroughly enjoyed the Twenty20 this evening. What a knock from Andy Symonds.
Old 16-06-2003, 08:16 PM
Name them and win a prize

elliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
what was it like, how many does beckenham hold, not many i would have thought. looking more and more forward to friday (bears v glamorgan welshmen), but first need to watch the bears walk all over the pears from down the road.
#oh i'd rather be a bear than a pear#
#yes i'd rather be a bear than a pear#
etc
Old 16-06-2003, 08:33 PM
bloody old fool

RtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipper
Quote:
Originally posted by Dai the Swansea Eagle
Thoroughly enjoyed the Twenty20 this evening. What a knock from Andy Symonds.
Didn't go but to call Hampshire inept is to overstate their capabilities significantly....I am one frustrated Hampshire fan.
Old 16-06-2003, 09:01 PM
Dirty Docker

Dai the Swansea Eagle knows where the wild roses growDai the Swansea Eagle knows where the wild roses growDai the Swansea Eagle knows where the wild roses growDai the Swansea Eagle knows where the wild roses growDai the Swansea Eagle knows where the wild roses growDai the Swansea Eagle knows where the wild roses growDai the Swansea Eagle knows where the wild roses growDai the Swansea Eagle knows where the wild roses growDai the Swansea Eagle knows where the wild roses growDai the Swansea Eagle knows where the wild roses growDai the Swansea Eagle knows where the wild roses grow
Quote:
Originally posted by elliott
what was it like, how many does beckenham hold, not many i would have thought.
The ground holds about 5.5k officially - there looked to be more there today than yesterday. The game was good value. Hampshire never really got going and 145 didn't look anywhere near enough. Complaints - well the scoreboards were positioned such that half the ground couldn't see them...... and had I have been drinking today I would have got very thirsty in the queues. That said they were probably running low after what I put away on Sunday! As RtS said, one end is known as the Crystal Palace End, and there was fold away chairs around the ground. Only problem if you were a few rows back - there was banking but you still ended up peering round somebody's head (or poxy umbrella yesterday ) unless you were in the front of each section. Pleasant enough - would be interested to see what a 4 day game is like there - if Kent were to play Surrey there could be a useful crowd. Beer in the ground was disappointing - even in the Member's Area (Deadly's Bar) nasty nitrokeg Spitfire / Master Brew was standard fare.

Andy Symonds was sensational. He raced to 50 off 16 balls, one six landing halfway to the Palace buildings further down Copers Cope. With the exception of Peter Trego all the Kent players got into the swing of things - and some of the biggest cheers seemed to come from the players balcony! It helped that Kent were winning but the entire crowd genuinely seemed to be enjoying it. Really good fun watching players go for it. Think I may well go to Canterbury next Monday to Kent take on Surrey.

I reckon you might see a belter on Friday - Glammy are good value in the one day game, and the likes of Croft will relish swinging the bat.... Just hope the weather holds.
Old 17-06-2003, 07:11 AM

melteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemelteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemelteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemelteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemelteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemelteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemelteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemelteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemelteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemelteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemelteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Mrdance

Maidstone is NOT a county ground - it is a private ground owned by The Mote Cricket Club and therefore KCC have no jurisdiction on a ground where it actually costs them to play as The Mote quite rightly charge a 'facility fee' and take the lions share of the gate money

The Mote CC as a private club cannot afford the huge costs in improving the facilities when KCC only play one 4 dayer and a national league match

I assume this is still the norm as it was during my time as a member(1972-1981)
Old 17-06-2003, 07:59 AM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I went last night after work and it was a great evening out. I love cricket and to have it down the road at Beckenham was fantastic. Please play more matches there. the ground is a classic with the usual scattering of deckchairs and no unsightly stands.

Wonderful atmostphere (great banter with Ed Giddens - "What are you going to be once you retire from cricket Ed? - Xmas tree salesman or Lap dancer?").

They said on Ceefax that there were 6,000 in the crowd!! As for Andrew Symonds - what a man!! He is made for Twenty20, afterall he is a World Cup winner. funny interview after the game:

Symonds "I like to play hard and fast"
Interviewer "This is a family club Andrew, remember they vote Conservative around here!!"

Come on you Spitfires, let's win this competition.
Old 17-06-2003, 08:02 AM
Kentish Eagle

winners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewinners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewinners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewinners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewinners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewinners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewinners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewinners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewinners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewinners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewinners : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
quality day - great knock from Simmo, great banter with Giddins, score boards & PA are cack but im sure they will sort that out before next year, and the queue's for the bar were far too long - what is it with kent & Palace - im sure those multi pint pouring machines cant cost that much, and they pour about 12 pints in 5 seconds!
Old 17-06-2003, 05:39 PM
Anonymous Coward

Quote:
Originally posted by melteagle
Mrdance

Maidstone is NOT a county ground - it is a private ground owned by The Mote Cricket Club and therefore KCC have no jurisdiction on a ground where it actually costs them to play as The Mote quite rightly charge a 'facility fee' and take the lions share of the gate money

The Mote CC as a private club cannot afford the huge costs in improving the facilities when KCC only play one 4 dayer and a national league match

I assume this is still the norm as it was during my time as a member(1972-1981)
eh?

I didn't go yesterday and am thoroughly regretting it. But the NCL match atmosphere was fantastic. I suggest to Kent that they put some more investment into Beckenham because there is a serious amount of money/supporters to be had! If they could build a few small stands or banking and defo. get a nice big electronic scoreboard as well, Kent could compete with Surrey more often!