Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 20-05-2017, 09:48 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
One of the best strikers I've seen in Red and Blue.

Will never forget the one he hit into the top corner where the ball was literally stuck in the stantion! Anyone any idea which game that was?
Old 20-05-2017, 09:56 PM

gilberts knife knows where the wild roses growgilberts knife knows where the wild roses growgilberts knife knows where the wild roses growgilberts knife knows where the wild roses growgilberts knife knows where the wild roses growgilberts knife knows where the wild roses growgilberts knife knows where the wild roses growgilberts knife knows where the wild roses growgilberts knife knows where the wild roses growgilberts knife knows where the wild roses growgilberts knife knows where the wild roses grow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
One of the best strikers I've seen in Red and Blue.

Will never forget the one he hit into the top corner where the ball was literally stuck in the stantion! Anyone any idea which game that was?
Wolves away fa cup replay 4 cracking palace goals in that game
Old 20-05-2017, 10:48 PM
Swollen Member

Twilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilberts knife View Post
Wolves away fa cup replay 4 cracking palace goals in that game

Whenever I think of Armstrong I remember that goal. I'd forgotten how good the other goals were though!
Old 21-05-2017, 08:28 AM
CPFC

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Didn't Darren Pitcher score a stunner?
"Liverpool glee did not last long. As the rain lashed down, as Bolasie and Gayle began building up speed and the Holmesdale Road home of noise began cranking up the volume, Palace tore into Liverpool."
Old 21-05-2017, 08:31 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPalace84 View Post
I cant remember, if only someone had a copy of a video they could post onnhere, so we can find out
Old 21-05-2017, 08:39 AM
Swollen Member

Twilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
I cant remember, if only someone had a copy of a video they could post onnhere, so we can find out
I seem to remember Dowie doing some spectacular chest, turn, half-volley, but as you say it was over 20 years ago so who knows really.
Old 22-05-2017, 06:11 AM

BuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Armstrong's 2nd Wolves goal is one of my fave ever Palace finishes. What a hit!!! BOOOM
Old 22-05-2017, 06:37 AM

Gyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentAssassin View Post
Ha, apparently the photo is of Congo Natty. Stil not sure of the one I posted though, I felt sure it was him before.

It's definitely Congo Natty aka Rebel MC. Jungle/Drum&Bass DJ & Producer.
Spoken to him a couple of times at raves.
Old 19-06-2017, 11:17 AM
Nige's tache

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
sit and reminisce

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 20-06-2017, 11:03 AM

pgw152 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepgw152 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepgw152 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepgw152 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepgw152 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepgw152 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepgw152 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepgw152 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepgw152 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepgw152 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepgw152 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPalace84 View Post
100%,yes,a belter that was seemingly all just timing,didn't seem to involve any effort at all.
Left after 80 mins, cos the Palace Box Office had somehow managed to sell us (students in Brum) Palace fans two tickets in the Wolves family stand. We weren't feeling the family vibe!
Old 20-06-2017, 11:42 AM

Pub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What I never understood was how he was signed - Never heard of him and his record for Millwall was stats wise faily average. If anyone remembers let me know.
Old 20-06-2017, 01:19 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
What I never understood was how he was signed - Never heard of him and his record for Millwall was stats wise faily average. If anyone remembers let me know.
For Wrexham where he first started played with Andy Preece it was 60 appearances 13 goals moved to Millwall where it was 28 appearances 5 goals.
Seeing we paid 1 million for him at the time and he really was not one of those that was on the radar I was shocked we signed him let alone the cost. Proved totally wrong as great for us 118 appearances 45 goals.
Old 20-06-2017, 01:29 PM

lee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
The great spotter of potential Mr Steve Coppell
Old 20-06-2017, 04:51 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
His first season, 1 million 15 league goals

Matched recently by Benteke although with an eye watering price tag of 30x as much..

What a bargain, he was
Old 20-06-2017, 04:59 PM
Nige's tache

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_cpfc View Post
The great spotter of potential Mr Steve Coppell
correct, Sir Steve was good mates with Brian Flynn (then Wrexham manager) who recommended CPFC should monitor Armstrong at Millwall. Billy Smith who did a lot of scouting for the club in the 80's/early 90's watched Armstrong on countless occasions and the rest they say is history.
Old 20-06-2017, 05:15 PM
Fook my old Grannys boots

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Brilliant striker was Chris

(Still AJ by a head for me )