Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter
 
CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Should Puncheon be dropped?
Yes 515 84.15%
No 97 15.85%
Voters: 612. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1001  
Old 21-08-2017, 02:48 PM
Harry Bassett Harry Bassett is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: In the year 1990
Posts: 2,833
Rep Power: 16180686
Harry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
It is the BBS excuse for the fact managers keep picking him when the great and good feel he should be dropped. Much more likely than that the experts on this board haven't got a ******* scooby, isn't it? Frank de Boer's picking him because he bought his milk gums and Jamboree bags at the local sweet shop.
He is a better player for the bottom of the diamond than Luka and he can play well in the other three points as well. He'll get a lot of minutes this season. He's a player whose ability and flexibility fully justify his wage and his place in the team. There are a few you can't always say that for.
Who gets to decide that you do not have a ******* scooby !
Reply With Quote
  #1002  
Old 21-08-2017, 02:48 PM
eagleborn eagleborn is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2016
Age: 26
Posts: 683
Rep Power: 9514544
eagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
It is the BBS excuse for the fact managers keep picking him when the great and good feel he should be dropped. Much more likely than that the experts on this board haven't got a ******* scooby, isn't it? Frank de Boer's picking him because he bought his milk gums and Jamboree bags at the local sweet shop.
He is a better player for the bottom of the diamond than Luka and he can play well in the other three points as well. He'll get a lot of minutes this season. He's a player whose ability and flexibility fully justify his wage and his place in the team. There are a few you can't always say that for.
I personally think Puncheon should be dropped. I think he can't tackle, bottles challenges, frequently gives the ball away, and isn't very creative. That is, however, just an opinion. I understand that others, including managers, have a different view.

The points you raise are very valid and work in the same regards with Hennessey. People moan non stop about him, but every manager recently has put him in instead of Mandanda and Speroni. There must be a reason, even if fans disagree.
Reply With Quote
  #1003  
Old 21-08-2017, 02:55 PM
Kosowski's Avatar
Kosowski Kosowski is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,528
Rep Power: 12380408
Kosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Said for nearly the last year now it's like playing with 10 men. He literally offers nothing these days.

Last edited by Kosowski; 21-08-2017 at 04:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1004  
Old 21-08-2017, 03:02 PM
eagle mart's Avatar
eagle mart eagle mart is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Age: 41
Posts: 14,724
Rep Power: 21474856
eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Good riposte.
Yes, Alan Pardew 400+ Prem games as manager, taken unfancied teams Cup finals & European competition. Sam Allardyce – never been relegated, one of the most astute and experienced Prem managers with over 600 games & Frank De boer (fledgling career), all seem to play him with different tweaks and tactics yielding different results, but all picked him. But the BBS knows better! (Bit like succession of managers with Murray & Gayle, eh?)

What a fantastic riposte, on the basis that they ‘may have been wrong’. Brilliant.

They all believed or believe nobody can do his current role better than him currently… Until that day changes, he will remain in the starting XI and probably captain. Maybe he is on FDB’s watch list to possibly look at phasing out – who knows. But his passing % against – Huddersfield was 93% (Luka was 72%), and 81% at Anfield. He still has plenty to offer, even more so now to this teams philosophy – but some people cannot get past the fact his role has changed within the team. And he doesn’t get the advanced positions to cut-in and curl one in the top corner anymore and is therefore now shit.
__________________
PHATTUS 'Tuneus'

Last edited by eagle mart; 21-08-2017 at 03:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1005  
Old 21-08-2017, 03:08 PM
jimmy the gent jimmy the gent is offline
Banned by Moderators
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Age: 39
Posts: 2,424
Rep Power: 21397290
jimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosowski View Post
Said for nearly the last year now it's like paying with 10 men. He literally offers nothing these days.
Bit harsh, his pointing is top drawer.
Reply With Quote
  #1006  
Old 21-08-2017, 03:25 PM
GB2506 GB2506 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bromley
Age: 29
Posts: 3,999
Rep Power: 16534883
GB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
It is the BBS excuse for the fact managers keep picking him when the great and good feel he should be dropped. Much more likely than that the experts on this board haven't got a ******* scooby, isn't it? Frank de Boer's picking him because he bought his milk gums and Jamboree bags at the local sweet shop.
He is a better player for the bottom of the diamond than Luka and he can play well in the other three points as well. He'll get a lot of minutes this season. He's a player whose ability and flexibility fully justify his wage and his place in the team. There are a few you can't always say that for.
He's nowhere near good enough to play in a deeper central midfield role. Wouldnt mind him playing further forward. Just picks the ball up deep now and runs round in a circle, loses it and puts us in the shit!
__________________
From Selhurst....!!!
Reply With Quote
  #1007  
Old 21-08-2017, 03:33 PM
bigGcpfc bigGcpfc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,146
Rep Power: 13669702
bigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
Yes, Alan Pardew 400+ Prem games as manager, taken unfancied teams Cup finals & European competition. Sam Allardyce – never been relegated, one of the most astute and experienced Prem managers with over 600 games & Frank De boer (fledgling career), all seem to play him with different tweaks and tactics yielding different results, but all picked him. But the BBS knows better! (Bit like succession of managers with Murray & Gayle, eh?)

What a fantastic riposte, on the basis that they ‘may have been wrong’. Brilliant.

They all believed or believe nobody can do his current role better than him currently… Until that day changes, he will remain in the starting XI and probably captain. Maybe he is on FDB’s watch list to possibly look at phasing out – who knows. But his passing % against – Huddersfield was 93% (Luka was 72%), and 81% at Anfield. He still has plenty to offer, even more so now to this teams philosophy – but some people cannot get past the fact his role has changed within the team. And he doesn’t get the advanced positions to cut-in and curl one in the top corner anymore and is therefore now shit.
What a load of garbage. Puncheon is well past his best and he only gets in the team because the likes of you bellow at the top of your voice ' he's one of our own ' thus making the management believe we all love him and can't be dropped.Watch us become a better side without him in it.
Reply With Quote
  #1008  
Old 21-08-2017, 03:56 PM
East-End Eagle's Avatar
East-End Eagle East-End Eagle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Cottage of the Swiss
Posts: 6,475
Rep Power: 12629882
East-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigGcpfc View Post
What a load of garbage. Puncheon is well past his best and he only gets in the team because the likes of you bellow at the top of your voice ' he's one of our own ' thus making the management believe we all love him and can't be dropped.Watch us become a better side without him in it.
You actually believe football managers pick their teams bas d on what some fans may or may not sing about them....
__________________
"I have more respect for a man who let me know where he stands, even if he is wrong, than a man who comes up like and Angel and is nothing but a Devil"
Reply With Quote
  #1009  
Old 21-08-2017, 03:58 PM
bigGcpfc bigGcpfc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,146
Rep Power: 13669702
bigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by East-End Eagle View Post
You actually believe football managers pick their teams bas d on what some fans may or may not sing about them....
Of course not, as if they heard what I was singing about him he would never get another game for us.
Reply With Quote
  #1010  
Old 21-08-2017, 04:12 PM
Danny boy's Avatar
Danny boy Danny boy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South London
Posts: 18,127
Rep Power: 21474844
Danny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
It is the BBS excuse for the fact managers keep picking him when the great and good feel he should be dropped. Much more likely than that the experts on this board haven't got a ******* scooby, isn't it? Frank de Boer's picking him because he bought his milk gums and Jamboree bags at the local sweet shop.
He is a better player for the bottom of the diamond than Luka and he can play well in the other three points as well. He'll get a lot of minutes this season. He's a player whose ability and flexibility fully justify his wage and his place in the team. There are a few you can't always say that for.
Lets wait and see if de Boer still selects him when everyone is fit and all the signings are made. I doubt he rates him as much as some people like to think.

Last edited by Danny boy; 21-08-2017 at 04:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1011  
Old 21-08-2017, 04:17 PM
eagle mart's Avatar
eagle mart eagle mart is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Age: 41
Posts: 14,724
Rep Power: 21474856
eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigGcpfc View Post
Of course not, as if they heard what I was singing about him he would never get another game for us.
Don't hate the player - hate the role.

Joe Ledley must be gutted that winger a converted to his position and became much better at it than him. Punch has the highest % pass completion amongst our midfielders so far.

Will a fit Cabaye, with waning powers, squeeze him out the team? Lets see next Saturday - I don't think so. Because that is the only way I can see Cabaye coming back into the starting XI currently.

I cant see us signing another central midfielder - so when everybody is fit... I think Punch may come out on top, but cant complain with Cabaye. But I'm not having it that Punch is past it. OR been shit for 18 months, or that three successive managers have been wrong.
__________________
PHATTUS 'Tuneus'
Reply With Quote
  #1012  
Old 21-08-2017, 04:28 PM
El Aguila's Avatar
El Aguila El Aguila is offline
Middle class left.
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: On Green Dolphin Street.
Age: 53
Posts: 42,244
Rep Power: 21474854
El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Cabaye is the other guy that could play that role. Luka, at present, can't. Maybe he can be taught to, it would be great if so.
__________________
Salt Peanuts! Salt Peanuts!
Reply With Quote
  #1013  
Old 21-08-2017, 04:41 PM
Owngoal's Avatar
Owngoal Owngoal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Bromley
Posts: 17,317
Rep Power: 21474852
Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by East-End Eagle View Post
You actually believe football managers pick their teams bas d on what some fans may or may not sing about them....
No, they are sometimes influenced by chairmen
__________________
At least I score.............
Just because you are not paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you.........
Reply With Quote
  #1014  
Old 21-08-2017, 04:43 PM
Owngoal's Avatar
Owngoal Owngoal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Bromley
Posts: 17,317
Rep Power: 21474852
Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
Don't hate the player - hate the role.

Joe Ledley must be gutted that winger a converted to his position and became much better at it than him. Punch has the highest % pass completion amongst our midfielders so far.

Will a fit Cabaye, with waning powers, squeeze him out the team? Lets see next Saturday - I don't think so. Because that is the only way I can see Cabaye coming back into the starting XI currently.

I cant see us signing another central midfielder - so when everybody is fit... I think Punch may come out on top, but cant complain with Cabaye. But I'm not having it that Punch is past it. OR been shit for 18 months, or that three successive managers have been wrong.
Do you seriously go to matches? Next you will say Sako is not injury prone and Steve M was red n' blue to the core
__________________
At least I score.............
Just because you are not paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you.........
Reply With Quote
  #1015  
Old 21-08-2017, 04:44 PM
Thefunkymonk's Avatar
Thefunkymonk Thefunkymonk is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: South london
Posts: 16,136
Rep Power: 21474840
Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
I do struggle to see what he offers especially in the deep role. Gets caught in possession, gives away silly free kicks in dangerous positions.. gets caught flat footed defensively. I love punch but his time is up. We would be better with rlc in where he is
Reply With Quote
  #1016  
Old 21-08-2017, 04:48 PM
Lombardo's hair Lombardo's hair is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Carshalton
Posts: 4,815
Rep Power: 21474844
Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleborn View Post
I personally think Puncheon should be dropped. I think he can't tackle, bottles challenges, frequently gives the ball away, and isn't very creative. That is, however, just an opinion. I understand that others, including managers, have a different view.

The points you raise are very valid and work in the same regards with Hennessey. People moan non stop about him, but every manager recently has put him in instead of Mandanda and Speroni. There must be a reason, even if fans disagree.
The Hennesey issue is a bit misleading. It seems clear thst Mandanda didn't want to play. J'S is unfortunately past his best. Hennessey is there by default imo. Puncheon unfortunately is also past his best. I don't know what some people see in him that others don't. He is the singularity most frustrating player in the side. He slows the game down delays passes and shooting and gives away a lot of needless fouls. He apparently does a lot of running but where or should I say jogs.
Reply With Quote
  #1017  
Old 21-08-2017, 04:55 PM
Lombardo's hair Lombardo's hair is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Carshalton
Posts: 4,815
Rep Power: 21474844
Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
The only thing I will say for Punch he played better for Sam in 4 or 5 matches ehen he cut out those f'ING pirouettes and move the ball quicker but a leopard can't change its spots!
Reply With Quote
  #1018  
Old 21-08-2017, 05:23 PM
eagle mart's Avatar
eagle mart eagle mart is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Age: 41
Posts: 14,724
Rep Power: 21474856
eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
Do you seriously go to matches? Next you will say Sako is not injury prone and Steve M was red n' blue to the core
It's not blind loyalty. I'm just not going to go with the bbs Borg opinion, if I think it's a lazy opinion. Punch is not past it and will gets lots of playing time this season and not because the chairman wants him to, or songs are sung. And the stats show he still has lots to offer for another year or two. I personally think Luka should be captain, given danns position is under threat. But a captain does a lot more off field than on it. And am sure Luka will be eventually.

Loftus-cheek would probably be much better than him in the deeper role. But Loftus-cheek is so good he's the best player to have in an advanced role also. Could have had two assists at anfield. The future is bright with him and Ali for England. Going to be one of the best loanees we've ever had. And if he is not in the England squad in 10 days Gareth is a ****.
__________________
PHATTUS 'Tuneus'
Reply With Quote
  #1019  
Old 21-08-2017, 05:57 PM
bigGcpfc bigGcpfc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,146
Rep Power: 13669702
bigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
It's not blind loyalty. I'm just not going to go with the bbs Borg opinion, if I think it's a lazy opinion. Punch is not past it and will gets lots of playing time this season and not because the chairman wants him to, or songs are sung. And the stats show he still has lots to offer for another year or two. I personally think Luka should be captain, given danns position is under threat. But a captain does a lot more off field than on it. And am sure Luka will be eventually.

Loftus-cheek would probably be much better than him in the deeper role. But Loftus-cheek is so good he's the best player to have in an advanced role also. Could have had two assists at anfield. The future is bright with him and Ali for England. Going to be one of the best loanees we've ever had. And if he is not in the England squad in 10 days Gareth is a ****.
You redeemed yourself with the RLC comments but honestly mate if you think Puncheon is good enough for us in this division then we are poles apart in our views. He quite simply is past it and it's been stated already, we play with 10 men every time he starts.
Reply With Quote
  #1020  
Old 21-08-2017, 06:29 PM
Owngoal's Avatar
Owngoal Owngoal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Bromley
Posts: 17,317
Rep Power: 21474852
Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigGcpfc View Post
You redeemed yourself with the RLC comments but honestly mate if you think Puncheon is good enough for us in this division then we are poles apart in our views. He quite simply is past it and it's been stated already, we play with 10 men every time he starts.
Agree on both counts. Eaglemart, Punch can't even take a decent free kick and that alone points to his decline because you should be able to put that right on the training ground. He is even less effective as a captain than he was last season, just point and blame when he makes mistakes. People don't say it for fun as like Speroni, he is a very likeable guy, but he is not a patch on the player of two years ago. Age wise it does not make sense like it did with Jules and Damo.
__________________
At least I score.............
Just because you are not paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you.........
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.