Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Should Puncheon be dropped?
Yes 357 88.59%
No 46 11.41%
Voters: 403. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-09-2017, 12:31 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
Apart from Alan Pardew, Sam Allardyce and Frank De Boer. I wonder whether his team mates think he is past it? After all, they are happy to share their opinions with the Chairman, as you say?

Three managers, at least four different formations of differing mentalities and same Puncheon role. If you genuinely believe Parish firstly decided who should be captain (As if Allardyce would have his captain chosen for him - or any manager worth their salt) and insists he is in the first team, then you really have eaten yourself.

By your thought process, the only possible reason Wayne has not been replaced over the past 4 transfer windows, is that the chairman has insisted Wayne stays as No.1. 'Mates'.

Good night.
Jesus, SP has tried to replace Wayne twice with total lack of success, didn't bother this window which leaves us woefully short of cover.

If SP not interfering would you have given new contracts to Jules and Damo? If they are not past it I must watch different players to you. Wonder if any contributory factors to Sam leaving with them earmarked for your 25??

Of course no manager would be influenced by their chairman - and again, do you really believe that?
Old 13-09-2017, 07:49 PM

PALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glɑzier View Post
I just, in a month of Sundays, don't see Roy dropping punch because he doesn't have the guts or the nous to do so.
Yes I mean what do these professional managers who actually know the players and work with them in training everyday know? Surely they should be listening to the experts on the BBS?
Old 13-09-2017, 08:06 PM

PALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It is getting a bit boring reading that he has been poor 2-3 seasons now. Is people's view of the game that simple that only rate players when they score goals?

He was excellent in our good run last season for a start.
Old 13-09-2017, 08:12 PM

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALACEFAN View Post
It is getting a bit boring reading that he has been poor 2-3 seasons now. Is people's view of the game that simple that only rate players when they score goals?

Puncheon has been far too lazy and shit for far too long now.
Hopefully Hodgson will recognise what most of us know.
Old 13-09-2017, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
Lazy? Nonsense. Did Allardyce not recognise what 'most of us know' either?

It's quite amazing than he managed to pick teams to beat Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal whilst ignoring the pearls of wisdom on the BBS.
Old 13-09-2017, 08:28 PM

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

It's quite amazing than he managed to pick teams to beat Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal whilst ignoring the pearls of wisdom on the BBS.
That's your view and I respect it.
I think it'd just be nice to play with 11 players on the pitch.
Instead of 10 plus Puncheon.
Old 13-09-2017, 08:32 PM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Hopefully he also sees that we are desperate for a keeper
Old 13-09-2017, 08:33 PM

Quote:
That's your view and I respect it.
I guess it makes it easy to have a scapegoat when things aren't going well. Puncheon seems to be that for much of the BBS at the moment. Fair enough some people want him dropped, and like you say everyone's got a view, but some of the hysteria and comments are just plain silly.
Old 13-09-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobiinthelastmi View Post
Hopefully he also sees that we are desperate for a keeper
There's not much that can be done about that at the minute.
There's something that can definitely be done about Puncheon right now though.
Old 13-09-2017, 08:36 PM

Biggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Yep, by another Palace player who can create and lead by example rather than one who now creates very little to the team both as a player and a captain. Born n bred lol

We decide not the EU
@GuyVerhofstadt.@EmmanuelMacron spoke about an open door for the UK. I agree. But it will be a brand new door, to a new united Europe with real powers. Very ominous.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png
Old 13-09-2017, 08:36 PM

Quote:
I guess it makes it easy to have a scapegoat when things aren't going well. Puncheon seems to be that for much of the BBS at the moment. Fair enough some people want him dropped, and like you say everyone's got a view, but some of the hysteria and comments are just plain silly.
It's nothing to do with him being a scapegoat ffs!
He's not been performing.
Old 13-09-2017, 08:41 PM

Quote:
It's nothing to do with him being a scapegoat ffs!
He's not been performing.
And quite frankly if you can't see that then no doubt you were the sort that thought the likes of Bason, Aylott and Langley (plus Pardew) would come good in a Palace shirt one day!
Old 13-09-2017, 09:13 PM

jimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is here
Quote:

Allardyce did not have RLC to choose from. If he did, i'm certain he'd pick Cabaye, RLC and Luka, with Puncheon and MacArthur benched.
Old 13-09-2017, 09:26 PM

bigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
You can't be serious mate !! Surely you can see he is not being used as a scapegoat, he is one of the reasons we are so poor.How can you see him in such a different light to so many others. He has been poor to terrible for nearly 2 years. And ,no I don't think Hodgson will drop him for the same reason FDB made him captain, they think he is hero worshipped by us lot.
Old 13-09-2017, 09:28 PM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:

Define excellent? Because I suspect your bar is a lot lower than mine. Wilf is excellent. Townsend can be. Cabaye is when moved further forward and is head and shoulders above punch anyway. I don't look at asusts and goals solely as a marker. He produces nothing of note in most games. The only time anything is noteworthy is when it is outside of what he normally does. On Sunday he looked good for 5 minutes then may as well have not been there. CYL played better than Puncheon
Old 13-09-2017, 09:35 PM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:

Did you not notice we also managed to lose to Sunderland Burnley Swansea and Southampton under Sam.It was Sakho that made the difference.I will add that Punch did play quite well for a few games when he stopped faffing around with the ball slowing down play and losing the ball. But as a Leopard can't change it's spots nor it seems can a Puncheon.
Old 13-09-2017, 10:53 PM

Punch has been far too awful for far too long now.
Forget about all this local lad crap.
I couldn't give a toss where any of our players come from right now.
Just as long as they can get us enough points to stay up.
Old 13-09-2017, 11:41 PM

TouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is here
I haven't heard one single compelling argument for why, if Puncheon is such a liability and clearly needs to be dropped, he has been a key member of every manager's team including Allardyce.

And no, "Parish orders them to play him" and "the managers only pick him because they think the fans love him" are not good arguments, they're stupid.
Old 14-09-2017, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the gent View Post
Allardyce did not have RLC to choose from. If he did, i'm certain he'd pick Cabaye, RLC and Luka, with Puncheon and MacArthur benched.
I'm certain you don't have a clue what he would have done. He made him captain ffs.
Old 14-09-2017, 06:39 AM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
I haven't heard one single compelling argument for why, if Puncheon is such a liability and clearly needs to be dropped, he has been a key member of every manager's team including Allardyce.

And no, "Parish orders them to play him" and "the managers only pick him because they think the fans love him" are not good arguments, they're stupid.
Stupid is picking a totally underperforming player. Pardew dropped him onece, for the cup final. Guess when he last then scored a goal? We had been saying (that is fans with half a brain who realise it is what you do on the field that counts) he should be dropped well before then. As I have already said it was the same with Ledley on here, he was negative crap but kept being played. Not many takers for him now and it would be the same with Punch. What the hell happened to the player he was?