Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Should Puncheon be dropped?
Yes 515 84.15%
No 97 15.85%
Voters: 612. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23-08-2017, 08:17 AM

whereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorleyStu View Post
He is a luxury player we cannot afford to have in the starting 11 at the moment.

Making him Captain, is a nightmare, now mean he's very unlikely to be dropped!

IMHO - both Cabaye & MacArthur are better.
He's not even a luxury player, luxury players actually do something good every now and then.

Last edited by whereEaglesFly; 23-08-2017 at 09:10 AM.
Old 23-08-2017, 08:26 AM

sbds18 belongs to Olliesbds18 belongs to Olliesbds18 belongs to Olliesbds18 belongs to Olliesbds18 belongs to Olliesbds18 belongs to Olliesbds18 belongs to Olliesbds18 belongs to Olliesbds18 belongs to Olliesbds18 belongs to Olliesbds18 belongs to Ollie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
what is James McArthur better at than Punch?
Football.
Old 23-08-2017, 08:29 AM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereEaglesFly View Post
He's not even a luxury player, luxury plays actually do something good every now and then.
Norwich and Cup Final. . ...that is it. Again I repeat if Pardew rated him so highly why dI'd he leave him out of cup final? I agreed with decision. Yes he scored when he came on. But have a look at him when Rooney gets ball to set up equaliser. My mum would make more effort and she's 82 with bone cancer. Punch flatters to deceive. He seems to have either lost his confidence or is just very average. RLC JM YC and LM that is where midfid should come from.
Old 23-08-2017, 08:30 AM

mean : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemean : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemean : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemean : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemean : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemean : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemean : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemean : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemean : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemean : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemean : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbds18 View Post
Football.
Indeed...and scoring goals!
Old 23-08-2017, 08:32 AM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We are probably now in the position where we have four players for his position who are better than him (Cayabe, McArthur, RLC and Luka), and even if you went for a "diamond" in midfield, he should be the one who misses out.

But, having been made captain, it will be interesting to see how it all plays out. If we persist with 3-4-3, could he convert to either a wing back or wide forward?
Old 23-08-2017, 08:52 AM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
We are probably now in the position where we have four players for his position who are better than him (Cayabe, McArthur, RLC and Luka), and even if you went for a "diamond" in midfield, he should be the one who misses out.

But, having been made captain, it will be interesting to see how it all plays out. If we persist with 3-4-3, could he convert to either a wing back or wide forward?
He is not good enough to do so
Old 23-08-2017, 10:18 AM
red and blue army

PalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
If we persist with 3-4-3, could he convert to either a wing back or wide forward?
Wing back instead of Scluppy or PVA even though he's got half the speed and tackling ability? Wide forward to compete with Wilf or Townsend? back up to Townsend it is then.

Getting him away from the middle of midfield is long overdue, seeing Jimmy Mac and Cabaye there last night was a breath of fresh air.
Old 23-08-2017, 10:29 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceSi View Post
Wing back instead of Scluppy or PVA even though he's got half the speed and tackling ability? Wide forward to compete with Wilf or Townsend? back up to Townsend it is then.

Getting him away from the middle of midfield is long overdue, seeing Jimmy Mac and Cabaye there last night was a breath of fresh air.
I'd be tempted to play PVA in the RW position in the front 3.

He has a decent record of scoring goals as a LB but seems piss poor at defending!

Might fail spectacularly but might be worth a go if we are desperate?
Old 23-08-2017, 10:34 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Have to say that I agree that the criticism recently seems over the top. Some is deserved, like all players, but TBH a lot of the negatives are things that I think the Manager would want from him. Other points seem to ignore the position and responsibilities he has now vs before. I should add that I didn't see him today.
With Puncheon it is not that he is suddenly going to become a boo-boy. We all still love him. In our first season especially his goals kept us up. But the fans, who are a knowledgable bunch, can see that he has had an easy ride. That it is not meritocratic retaining him in the XI. Bluntly, that JM, LM, RLC and YC are all better than him. It may also be that Jairo Riedewald is better than him in midfield too.

Once he is dropped, we can start loving him even more.
Old 23-08-2017, 12:52 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
I’m going to leave this here. Water Carrier 2.0

To view the link you have to Register or Login

You can dismiss about the length of pass in a facetious way (5m – when his average passing is 20m), whether you think he runs in circles, pass and walks or what have you - but his role is currently in vogue. Jedinak type players are being overlooked for players like Luka and punch who are in, the more technical the player the better. Whether players like Cabaye & Punch whose effectiveness/ability is gradually waning or not –and I’m sure their time will eventually come when they can no longer effectively do it – play a massive if low-key role. And I hazard a guess, given their age that it won’t be too long before they probably are replaced.

In February, despite Glaziers fan (and many have followed) moaning about Punch being ineffective, anonymous, useless, past-it, at the time Punch had made the 12th highest number of key passes last season and the highest Palace player by far. And our form improved after that. He was ahead the likes of Zlatan, and some very surprising other names. And in comparison to the season before, he was still 16th in the league overall in season 15/16… again our highest player, ahead of Cabaye by 3 or 4 in number. Note the role that Cabaye had played that season – when everyone was moaning that he wasn’t much use….

I’m not saying that Captain punch is going to be player of the year or should be first on the team sheet. Just asking for an understanding or appreciation of his ‘ROLE’ in the side, and his role seems to remain whatever the formation. When Wickham gets played on the wing – people blame the manager. When Punch gets played in the middle, and we win, nobody moans, because nobody notices - lose and it’s because Punch isn’t good enough, anonymous and not cutting in and curling one in the onion bag.

I personally think Hennesey is useless (like most on here), and would prefer the reliability of Speroni we’ve had. However, three managers have preferred Hennesey. And when three managers with different outlooks have made that same choice, you have to accept it is probably going to be the correct one – the same managers have also made the same choice with Puncheon.

Have your opinons, but don’t hate the player – appreciate the role. Because bomb puncheon (which is fair enough if he’s replaced by someone better) – but one of the midfield currently lauded as ‘light years ahead’ of punch, will have to fill the role he’s vacated. And you’re unlikely to see the vision of Cabaye in the final third, the dynamism of Loftus-cheek or the timing of Jimmy’s runs into the box. It’s punch’s role, and he’s been doing that role well for three managers now.
Old 23-08-2017, 01:05 PM

Zulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post

You can dismiss about the length of pass in a facetious way (5m – when his average passing is 20m), whether you think he runs in circles, pass and walks or what have you - but his role is currently in vogue. Jedinak type players are being overlooked for players like Luka and punch who are in, the more technical the player the better. Whether players like Cabaye & Punch whose effectiveness/ability is gradually waning or not –and I’m sure their time will eventually come when they can no longer effectively do it – play a massive if low-key role. And I hazard a guess, given their age that it won’t be too long before they probably are replaced.

In February, despite Glaziers fan (and many have followed) moaning about Punch being ineffective, anonymous, useless, past-it, at the time Punch had made the 12th highest number of key passes last season and the highest Palace player by far. And our form improved after that. He was ahead the likes of Zlatan, and some very surprising other names. And in comparison to the season before, he was still 16th in the league overall in season 15/16… again our highest player, ahead of Cabaye by 3 or 4 in number. Note the role that Cabaye had played that season – when everyone was moaning that he wasn’t much use….

I’m not saying that Captain punch is going to be player of the year or should be first on the team sheet. Just asking for an understanding or appreciation of his ‘ROLE’ in the side, and his role seems to remain whatever the formation. When Wickham gets played on the wing – people blame the manager. When Punch gets played in the middle, and we win, nobody moans, because nobody notices - lose and it’s because Punch isn’t good enough, anonymous and not cutting in and curling one in the onion bag.

I personally think Hennesey is useless (like most on here), and would prefer the reliability of Speroni we’ve had. However, three managers have preferred Hennesey. And when three managers with different outlooks have made that same choice, you have to accept it is probably going to be the correct one – the same managers have also made the same choice with Puncheon.

Have your opinons, but don’t hate the player – appreciate the role. Because bomb puncheon (which is fair enough if he’s replaced by someone better) – but one of the midfield currently lauded as ‘light years ahead’ of punch, will have to fill the role he’s vacated. And you’re unlikely to see the vision of Cabaye in the final third, the dynamism of Loftus-cheek or the timing of Jimmy’s runs into the box. It’s punch’s role, and he’s been doing that role well for three managers now.
I could be wrong but isn't that article in support of Lukas/Cabayes role not Punches?
Old 23-08-2017, 01:11 PM
gastros/kids/delis/olives

AndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post

Spot on.

Jason Puncheon: one of our best ever players.
Old 23-08-2017, 01:37 PM

Hector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Managers keep playing him and even making him captain so he can't be garbage? Personally I like what he does but his errors tend to always be very noticeable. I would like him to get higher up the pitch even getting beyond Benteke as under Pulis he played on the wing and was effective and scored a few goals.
Old 23-08-2017, 02:34 PM

Ooh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyStreet View Post
Spot on.

Don't be so ridiculous.
Old 23-08-2017, 02:36 PM

Ooh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector View Post
Personally I like what he does
Please explain what he 'does'. I'm sure a lot of people would be interested to know.
Old 23-08-2017, 03:08 PM

Kosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Football.

Harsh but fair.
Old 23-08-2017, 03:09 PM

Kosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Spot on.

Never go full retard.
Old 23-08-2017, 03:14 PM

Payney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Spot on.

Boozy lunch? Blimey!
Old 23-08-2017, 03:23 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Football.

Falmer, the home of Hove Albion.
Old 23-08-2017, 03:49 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payney View Post
Boozy lunch? Blimey!
No, but a poster's opinion, which incidentally is way off the mark.